Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
meanest looking and sounding car ? (Read 2713 times)
fezz

Where's my red hat?

Re: meanest looking and sounding car ?
Reply #15 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 9:44pm

Had the pleasure to see the Audi Quattro S1 at the Adelaide Classic Rally recently...I was a martial for the event so saw it on most stages of the rally.
Best stage for full effect...I was at the end of a long straight going to a sweeping uphill bend, trees overhanging the whole way, the noise reverberating through that was insane...next best were the Cleveland 351's.

I would rather be poor and produce nothing than be an arsehole and conquer the world

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #16 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 10:17pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Nov 23rd, 2015 at 7:44pm:
Its time wrote on Nov 23rd, 2015 at 7:10pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Nov 23rd, 2015 at 5:22pm:
aquascoot wrote on Nov 23rd, 2015 at 5:13pm:
i was always amazed they didnt make a production run of the V8 interceptor as seen in Mad Max

I think I worked with a fellow who had the Mad Max beast. I'd hear his 12-cylinder monster skidding out of the car park and up the street where you could still hear its roar a mile away. I'm damned if I know how it was legal.

Last of the v8s, phase 4 heads , twin ohead cams, sucks nitro.......

kick it in the Guts Barry...

Lol I never heard that version before , American garnished with some Spaniard .

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #17 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 10:20pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Nov 23rd, 2015 at 9:23pm:
Ahh  drag racing, for those who are even too stupid for NASCAR

Have you ever been to live top fuel event or a even a doorslammer one for that matter?

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #18 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 10:29pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Nov 23rd, 2015 at 8:16pm:
old Style Victor Bray.. farmer

aww me and me mates built this in the shed..

oi.. piss off dog...  Grin

Cool video

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #19 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 10:33pm

A triumph of form over function.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #20 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 10:47pm

Its time wrote on Nov 23rd, 2015 at 10:20pm:

Have you ever been to live top fuel event or a even a doorslammer one for that matter?

Yes yes i have. Too much noise and that was about it.;

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #21 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 11:10pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Nov 23rd, 2015 at 10:47pm:
Its time wrote on Nov 23rd, 2015 at 10:20pm:

Yes yes i have. Too much noise and that was about it.;

Oh well you either love it or hate it, I go to feel the cars go past , watching them as well is just a bonus .

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Nov 23rd, 2015 at 11:46pm

issuevoter wrote on Nov 23rd, 2015 at 10:33pm:

I like that one.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Nov 24th, 2015 at 5:50am

fezz wrote on Nov 23rd, 2015 at 9:44pm:
Had the pleasure to see the Audi Quattro S1 at the Adelaide Classic Rally recently...I was a martial for the event so saw it on most stages of the rally.
Best stage for full effect...I was at the end of a long straight going to a sweeping uphill bend, trees overhanging the whole way, the noise reverberating through that was insane...next best were the Cleveland 351's.

Some exciting footage there, fez.

Apart from the cars, I'm always fascinated by how these dangerous events attract so many people from far and wide who have a serious death-wish that sees them standing as close to the action as possible while leaning into the road where a ton of hot metal travelling at high velocity is liable to come hurtling into them at any moment.   

I've lost count of the number of video-clips I've seen on tele that shows these suicide junkies getting dismembered, with body-parts flying high in all directions. It's a one-time thrill only, but I suppose they believe it's worth it.

The people who gather on those dangerous, skidding corners on dirt tracks are the most honest in declaring their death-wish.

It's like those surfers who compete with one another in shark-infested waters off the coasts of Australia to see who can be the first to get amputated by a Great White.

And those sky-divers who go up there again and again - sometimes hundreds of times - enjoying the thrill of knowing that sooner or later their number will be up and all 206 of their bones will be moved to different positions - just for the thrill of it.

And let's not forget those skiers and snowboarders who deliberately hurtle down mountainsides for the thrill of starting an avalanche that's going to catch up with them and bury them for the next 378 years until a particularly warm summer exposes them to media attention for all to marvel at.

And ...

I suppose if it wasn't for these insane Death-Wish people we would never have left our caves back then in the misty forests of Pre-historic times.

« Last Edit: Nov 24th, 2015 at 6:16am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #24 - Nov 24th, 2015 at 8:38am

Lord Herbert wrote on Nov 24th, 2015 at 5:50am:
[quote author=fezz link=1448188437/15#15 date=1448279066]

I've lost count of the number of video-clips I've seen on tele that shows these suicide junkies getting dismembered, with body-parts flying high in all directions. It's a one-time thrill only, but I suppose they believe it's worth it.

GIven that I'm a huge group B fan, and I've only ever seen one video showing an RS200 going into the crowd at Rally of Portugal.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #25 - Nov 24th, 2015 at 8:41am

I know most Aussies wouldnt agree, but I think that straight 5 turbo noise is the greatest noise a car has ever produced.

IP Logged

Fordy351

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Nov 24th, 2015 at 11:30am

XY 351,,
Cant beat it for value or sound..(street legal)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkHSm0gBZLc

IP Logged

fezz

Where's my red hat?

Reply #27 - Nov 24th, 2015 at 9:02pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Nov 24th, 2015 at 5:50am:

Some exciting footage there, fez.

Apart from the cars, I'm always fascinated by how these dangerous events attract so many people from far and wide who have a serious death-wish that sees them standing as close to the action as possible while leaning into the road where a ton of hot metal travelling at high velocity is liable to come hurtling into them at any moment.   

The people who gather on those dangerous, skidding corners on dirt tracks are the most honest in declaring their death-wish.

It's like those surfers who compete with one another in shark-infested waters off the coasts of Australia to see who can be the first to get amputated by a Great White.

And those sky-divers who go up there again and again - sometimes hundreds of times - enjoying the thrill of knowing that sooner or later their number will be up and all 206 of their bones will be moved to different positions - just for the thrill of it.

And let's not forget those skiers and snowboarders who deliberately hurtle down mountainsides for the thrill of starting an avalanche that's going to catch up with them and bury them for the next 378 years until a particularly warm summer exposes them to media attention for all to marvel at.

And ...

I suppose if it wasn't for these insane Death-Wish people we would never have left our caves back then in the misty forests of Pre-historic times.

Certainly had some clowns with the death wish thing over the Classic...it was my job to try stopping these fools from being successful in leaving the gene pool.

But I am one of those crazed fools who take on the great whites chasing the next wave though...only a surfer knows the feeling Smiley

I would rather be poor and produce nothing than be an arsehole and conquer the world

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print