Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Colorado generates more tax from pot than alcohol (Read 4364 times)
Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Re: Colorado generates more tax from pot than alcohol
Reply #15 - Jan 17th, 2016 at 12:38am

Sad that people are prepared to treat their fellows as criminals, because they've been so brainwashed by the propaganda.. ( Smacks of another era.. Roll Eyes)

I was actually ignorant about the degree to which the US govt was prepared to ostracise and disenfranchise their own citizens for smoking pot.
Not until I heard that Robert Downey Jnr, !! had to be pardoned for his smoking, BEFORE HE COULD be allowed to VOTE.!!  Good grief.!!
I never understood just how deep this bigotry went.!  To be disenfranchised... IE  being denied the right to VOTE  !!!  because you smoked. MY GOODNESS. No wonder so many states in the US are standing up and saying.... this is crap Law.

We will fix it. And have. !!!

Good for them.. but why does Australia have to drag its heels on this .?  I personally can forsee NO NEGATIVES for anyone in our society.
The only people that would suffer would be the crims and the pyscho terrorists who get all that free money, whilst undermining our society.
When will rational thinking prevail.!??

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #16 - Jan 23rd, 2016 at 4:24am

hello again
Have just śpgraded', and need to post.   Tongue

Too bad Australia is so backward. In too many respects our conservatism is holding us back.

Strange really, when we consider the basis of the white Australia, which constitutes a huge mass of descendants of the unwanted from the British Empire, and then Europe and then Asia.
All those thieves and rebels, and we end up with the likes of Abbott and Costello.. Grin  and their ilk.. Roll Eyes being voted into office.

(Happy they are now GONE) Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley..but the essential political conservatism of Australian politics remains.

It is really a reflection of the  'inner cringe'  Aussies seem to bear, the vague but persistent inadequacy we feel, which causes us, in turn, to act outrageously, both at home and when o/s.

We have a government which is responsible for massive abuse to innocents and the disadvantaged, both here and in the concentration camps to which  our conservative 'betters' have consigned too too many
innocents.

The sheer horror is hidden from us due to Laws enacted by these, our leaders.!! Absolutely despicable, and I can't imagine the sort of self-interest which our pollies possess to enable such foulness, and still hold up their heads in the world community. It can only be an excess of ego, hubris, and greed.

They'll do anything to stay in power, and they drag us all down to the gutter with them.

It horrifies me that I am a citizen of such a place.

Shame shame.

live every day

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - May 2nd, 2018 at 10:25am

This Topic was moved here from Drug Policy by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print