Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Police seized gun in 2002 and again in 2013 (Read 18100 times)
Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Police seized gun in 2002 and again in 2013
Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:03am

Quote:
A gun seized by Police after it was used in a 2002 murder was found in possession of criminals 11 years later.

The murder weapon was seized by police a second time after a 2013 raid on a Sydney home.

The discovery comes in the wake of the PIC uncovering the plot of a female police officer to help her former partner break into a police station in NSW to steal service weapons.
www.9news.com.au/national/2015/11/03/07/10/murder-weapon-seized-by-police-more-t...

The AR15 Bryant used at Pt Arthur was handed in to police years before Bryant went on his rampage, this is not the first time police have seized firearms only to have them put back on the streets.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Police seized gun in 2002 and again in 2013
Reply #1 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:13pm

Yadda wrote on Dec 22nd, 2012 at 2:48pm:

If firearms are 'very dangerous', aren't they too dangerous for EVERYONE ?

I mean, the police are people too!

The police are not perfect people you know!!!

If firearms are too dangerous, then they are too dangerous for EVERYONE.

e.g.
There was an 'incident' in Western Australia, not too many years ago, when a policeman used his police issued firearm to murder his wife.

So you can see, can't you, that if firearms are too dangerous for peaceable and law-abiding citizens to own, then firearms are too dangerous for ANYONE to have possession of.

QUESTION;
If 'guns' are so very dangerous, why are members of the police allowed to possess them ???????

Do you really believe that there are no CRIMINALS among the ranks of the police community ?

Hmmmm ?

On a totally different issue.....

I am very worried about those little -
CONCEALABLE
- kitchen paring knives!!!

When is the federal government going to control their availability [and perhaps introduce a licensing system?] ?

[Don't we need a national registration system for -
CONCEALABLE
-  paring knives?]

I would feel so much safer, if the federal government would ban those kitchen paring knives!!!

And don't get me started on BOX CUTTERS!!!!!

Shocked                  Cheesy       

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:22pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:03am:
Quote:
A gun seized by Police after it was used in a 2002 murder was found in possession of criminals 11 years later.

The murder weapon was seized by police a second time after a 2013 raid on a Sydney home.

The discovery comes in the wake of the PIC uncovering the plot of a female police officer to help her former partner break into a police station in NSW to steal service weapons.
www.9news.com.au/national/2015/11/03/07/10/murder-weapon-seized-by-police-more-t...

The AR15 Bryant used at Pt Arthur was handed in to police years before Bryant went on his rampage, this is not the first time police have seized firearms only to have them put back on the streets.

Wow - there are still many crooked cops.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2015 at 1:17pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:22pm:
Quote:

The Wood and Fitzgerald inquiries showed how corrupt police can be, these are the people we have administering our firearms registry.

Quote:
Criminals listening to Victorian Police conversations on analog radios are tracking firearms safety officers and breaking into homes they visit to steal guns.

Firearms safety officers had to stop telling the operations room where they got out of cars to check on secured guns,because soon after that visit we would have the property burgled.
www.skynews.com.au/news/local/melbourne/2015/05/12/vic-gun-thieves-eavesdrop-on-...

Lots of stories about the firearms registry being compromised which gives criminals a list of who owns what and where they live.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2015 at 4:26pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 5th, 2015 at 1:17pm:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:22pm:
Quote:

The Wood and Fitzgerald inquiries showed how corrupt police can be, these are the people we have administering our firearms registry.

Quote:
Criminals listening to Victorian Police conversations on analog radios are tracking firearms safety officers and breaking into homes they visit to steal guns.

Firearms safety officers had to stop telling the operations room where they got out of cars to check on secured guns,because soon after that visit we would have the property burgled.
www.skynews.com.au/news/local/melbourne/2015/05/12/vic-gun-thieves-eavesdrop-on-...

Lots of stories about the firearms registry being compromised which gives criminals a list of who owns what and where they live.

Besides, being illegal on the National Level, only 5 States of 50 have any sort of registration schemes, & in those States they probably only have about a 30% compliance expectation.

So, misuse by government, enabling criminals access to the registration data, is just one of over a dozen or so reasons registration doesn't fly in America.

Polling data is also useless when trying to determine potential ownership. Here is the type of responses pollsters will get from both owners & non-owners in America:

Quote:
My first thought when I get a pollster on the phone is… How can I skew the results in my favor or just plain screw up the results completely?

They don’t know you and they use the data to LIE about you anyway.

When they ask a “Do you still beat your wife” question. LIE.

The answer is "Darn right I do..."

Answer questions with obviously opposite responses from the last similar question.

There is no way on this earth that I tell them the truth.

Answer like the lefturd sheeple.

When you finish leading them along be sure their time was wasted.

End the call with “By The Way. I’m a pathological liar, & not all of my responses were the truth, but then again some of them were." 

That'll confuse the bejisis out of 'em.

Always end with, "Have a great day.”

So,what do you think our registration compliance here in Australia is?

I know the government would probably say it's over 95%, but is that realistic or just wishful thinking?  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2015 at 4:36pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 2:32pm

Quote:
A young woman allegedly caught with a stockpile of weapons in her car has celebrated on social media after al charges against her dropped due to insufficient evidence.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3338619/Put-pipe-smoke-Woman-s-Facebook-boast-beati...

Lots of illegal guns in that woman's car, how did she get off?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:51pm

Quote:
Audit reveals almost 200 Police firearms can't be accounted for.

Almost 200 shotguns,semi automatics and revolvers held by Victorian police can't be accounted for, an embarrassing audit has revealed

Police admit many could have been lost.....
heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/police-cant-find-up-to-200-firearms/story-e6frf7k...

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #7 - Apr 8th, 2016 at 6:44am

howards gun laws working well........tick
Police watching over the law abiding citizens of Australia......tick
People feel safe and secure........tick
Propaganda machine oiled up and running......tick

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #8 - Apr 8th, 2016 at 8:42am

Valkie wrote on Apr 8th, 2016 at 6:44am:
howards gun laws working well........tick
Police watching over the law abiding citizens of Australia......tick
People feel safe and secure........tick
Propaganda machine oiled up and running......tick

Supposed anti-government guy trying to prove to himself how clever he thinks he is, compared to how clever he actually is....tick

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 8th, 2016 at 1:19pm

The policeman in charge of firearms in the Northern Territiory was charged with stealing firearms.

ntnews.com.au/news/northern-territory/nt-gun-unit-chief-charged-with-stealing-fi...

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #10 - Apr 8th, 2016 at 4:14pm

Quote:
Supposed anti-government guy trying to prove to himself how clever he thinks he is, compared to how clever he actually is....tick

Attacking an opinion with pathetic malice and nothing of worth to offer by way of logical argument or sensible social intercourse, does nothing more than prove that you have no logical argument against.

I can picture you putting your fingers in your ears when someone says something you don't like while chanting "Nah, na, na , na , na?"

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #11 - Apr 8th, 2016 at 4:17pm

Valkie wrote on Apr 8th, 2016 at 4:14pm:
Quote:

Attacking an opinion with pathetic malice and nothing of worth to offer by way of logical argument or sensible social intercourse, does nothing more than prove that you have no logical argument against.

I can picture you putting your fingers in your ears when someone says something you don't like while chanting "Nah, na, na , na , na?"

The opinion itself had no facts so why should my riposte?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #12 - Apr 8th, 2016 at 4:28pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Dec 1st, 2015 at 12:51pm:
Quote:
Audit reveals almost 200 Police firearms can't be accounted for.

Almost 200 shotguns,semi automatics and revolvers held by Victorian police can't be accounted for, an embarrassing audit has revealed

Police admit many could have been lost.....
heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/police-cant-find-up-to-200-firearms/story-e6frf7k...

That is just the victorian coppers, add a few more for the rest of the states.

If anyone should have their guns confiscated it it the boys in blue; i always feel they are going to shoot themselves whenever they walk around armed to the teeth

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jun 12th, 2016 at 11:38am

Quote:
A statewide search is underway for a police force employee accused of stealing several firearms.

It's believed 38 year old Alan James Cumberland, who is an armourer with the force,may be armed with a rifle.

Officers searched Mr Cumberland's property at Tuggerah Lakes.
They discovered large amounts of weapons,some beliveved to have been misappropriated.
Firearms parts,ammunition of various calibres,machining equipment and prohibited weapons were found.

au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/16474020/hunt-for-police-staffer-who-stole-guns

IP Logged

Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Reply #14 - Jun 30th, 2016 at 1:19pm

Lol, im suprised noone has mentioned the anti~tank missiles that got "lost" from an army barracks aways back. I know the hells angels got caught with a few, but most of them were never found.

The law locks up the man who steals the goose from the common, but leaves the greater criminal loose who steals the common from the goose (convict saying)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print