Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
The REAL truth about Atheism (Read 7205 times)
issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: The REAL truth about Atheism
Reply #30 - Nov 3rd, 2015 at 9:39pm

I don't get why the argument always has to default to God or evolution. It show an incredibly dull bias in favour of Middle Eastern Abrahamic twaddle. The two do not have to be mutually exclusive. The test of an atheist is not whether they believe in evolution.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Kytro
Gold Member

Blasphemy: a victimless
crime

Adelaide
Reply #31 - Nov 4th, 2015 at 6:07am

He Man wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 5:33pm:
Kytro wrote on Nov 3rd, 2015 at 10:11am:
LifeOrDeath wrote on Sep 20th, 2015 at 2:09am:
The REAL truth about Atheism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ

There is not much to discuss after that really.

That was terrible. It shows a lack of understanding of evidence in a scientific sense.

You clearly do not understand the terms used in the video. The understanding in scientific terms was spot on. Science was used to show the ignorance. Maybe they employed scientific actors Roll Eyes .

LEARN

The misappropriated scientific observation for one thing by effectively claiming that you to "see a change happen" rather than draw conclusions from collective observation of many different things (series of fossils, natural selection etc).

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #32 - Nov 5th, 2015 at 2:04am

LifeOrDeath wrote on Sep 20th, 2015 at 2:09am:
The REAL truth about Atheism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0u3-2CGOMQ

There is not much to discuss after that really.

I watched that YT today.

I liked it.    !!!

It was pretty good, imo.

All along, the interviewer, tried to explore the beliefs of those that he interacted with.

He ALLOWED THOSE PERSONS, to set/disclose the basis of their worldview and belief.

Then he simply asked questions,  ....questions which forced them to challenge [or at least re-examine] their own assumptions, about their own existence and their 'place' in this reality.

And we all make assumptions [about all kinds of things!].

But coming to the issue, of the divergent choice which we are presented with, to believe in either Evolution, Or, Creation.....

Evolution in itself [if it is 'chosen' as a 'belief'], does not posit any real answer about [our] reality.

We still do not know where all of the 'stuff' came from.

Myself, i favour Creation, and a creator.

But again, faith [belief in a creator] does not posit any real answer about [our] reality.

Because if we believe in a creator, and if the creator created all of the 'stuff' which we can see and observe, we must still ask the question; Where did the creator come from ?

The only sure thing we know [can be reasonably certain about], is that we [mankind] seem to be [individual] self-aware beings.

Unless that is, i am just imagining all of you guys [and the world that i live in  ....and the that world i believe that i live in]!!!!!!

Perhaps you guys are all just a part of my fantasy/illusion, and part of the delusion that i have,    .....the belief, that i am a self-aware being.

Grin

ANYWAY;

For me, this -------- >,  is the only thing that makes any sense, for me, of my existence 'here'.

-------- >

We, are 'seeds' [the 'seeds' which have been 'sown', within this 'construct'/creation/planet],     ...and, that we are the 'fish' that will be drawn up in the 'net' of the 'harvest'.

And;

We, are the harvest.

Are we a 'fruit' of any worth ?

QUESTION;
Doesn't your existence here, 'make any sense' to you ???

Matthew 13:47
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48  Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49  So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50  And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Luke 3:8
Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.
9  And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

Isaiah 48:10
Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

Daniel 12:10
Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Revelation 21:7
He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
8  But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

We are all free, to believe whatever we will.

Deuteronomy 30:18
I denounce unto you this day, that ye shall surely perish, and that ye shall not prolong your days upon the land, whither thou passest over Jordan to go to possess it.
19  I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:
20  That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.

« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2015 at 2:31am by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #33 - Nov 5th, 2015 at 10:00am

Yadda wrote on Nov 5th, 2015 at 2:04am:
Evolution in itself [if it is 'chosen' as a 'belief'], does not posit any real answer about [our] reality.

We still do not know where all of the 'stuff' came from.

Myself, i favour Creation, and a creator.

See this is the problem many creationists have. Evolutionary theory states nothing about how life started on Earth. It only states how that initial spark then led to the variety of life we see on Earth.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #34 - Nov 5th, 2015 at 10:33am

Yadda: QUESTION;

Yes. Though trying to explain that to another person is futile. That is where the proselytizing religions fail. They state that everyone is or should be of one mind.

I have never seen any explanation or description of "God" that was not even more boring than football. Creator, father, judge, omnipresent one. All petty human concepts and needs.

No person can see into the mind of another. So when one person says "God," you can say "of course; more tea vicar?" But really, no one knows what the bugger anyone else is talking about.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #35 - Nov 5th, 2015 at 7:56pm

issuevoter wrote on Nov 5th, 2015 at 10:33am:
Yadda: QUESTION;

Yes. Though trying to explain that to another person is futile. That is where the proselytizing religions fail. They state that everyone is or should be of one mind.

I have never seen any explanation or description of "God" that was not even more boring than football. Creator, father, judge, omnipresent one. All petty human concepts and needs.

No person can see into the mind of another. So when one person says "God," you can say "of course; more tea vicar?" But really, no one knows what the bugger anyone else is talking about.

I don't know what God 'is'.

And i am a person who believes that i have been in his presence, in a waking state, in a vision.

The Bible states that God is a spirit entity, and that he is unknowable [i.e. incomprehensible] to man's carnal mind.

'The Bible states that God is a spirit entity';       But i still do not understand, what that term describes.

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

The OT too, speaks of a time when God will reveal himself to all men [to men's understanding ?].

Isaiah 40:5
And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

issue,

Because it is too hard, or because it is too difficult for us to comprehend [what 'reality' is], should we simply not even try to seek it [or him] ?

Lots a men 'go native', here.

They are totally absorbed by the cares of this life.

Again; They 'go native', here !

But God's promise [in scripture], is that those who 'seek him' in righteousness, he 'will be found of them'.

Amos 5:4
For thus saith the LORD unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live:
5  But seek not Bethel, nor enter into Gilgal, and pass not to Beersheba: for Gilgal shall surely go into captivity, and Bethel shall come to nought.
6  Seek the LORD, and ye shall live; lest he break out like fire in the house of Joseph, and devour it, and there be none to quench it in Bethel.
7  Ye who turn judgment to wormwood, and leave off righteousness in the earth,
8  Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name:

Isaiah 1:16
Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
17  Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.

Jeremiah 22:3
Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

1 Samuel 16:6
And it came to pass, when they were come, that he looked on Eliab, and said, Surely the LORD'S anointed is before him.
7  But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

Jeremiah 9:23
Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
24  But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.
25  Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will punish all them which are circumcised with the uncircumcised;
26  Egypt, and Judah, and Edom, and the children of Ammon, and Moab, and all that are in the utmost corners, that dwell in the wilderness: for all these nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in the heart.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #36 - Nov 5th, 2015 at 8:07pm

Yadda, I occasionally read your comments. I don't read your quotes from the Bible. Ancient scripture is of no interest to me. Perhaps others think it worthwhile.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #37 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:55pm

This Topic was moved here from Atheism by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print