Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Indonesia Decides to Buy Advanced Russian Su-35 Je (Read 1929 times)
easel
Gold Member

Indonesia Decides to Buy Advanced Russian Su-35 Je
Sep 4th, 2015 at 4:04pm

Quote:
Indonesia's defense minister said that the country would buy Russian-made Su-35 jets following negotiations between the two countries.

http://sputniknews.com/asia/20150903/1026559663/indonesia-su35-purchase-russia.h...

One squadron? Is this a budget issue or for OPFOR or for improving the capabilities of sensor designs for the K-FX?

Because Indonesia just bought highly advanced US AH-64E choppers and is jointly developing secret technology with ROK in regards to aviation.

And is definitely not a client state of Russia or the PRC.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Re: Indonesia Decides to Buy Advanced Russian Su-35 Je
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2015 at 5:16pm

It's a budget issue.  The Indonesia airforce is the poor man of the quadriumverate of the Indonesian forces.
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2015 at 8:29pm by Brian Ross »  

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2015 at 5:27pm

Don't we give these Indonesian maggots aid. They sure have enough to buy jet fighters. Dumb leftards.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2015 at 6:46pm

We should cut our foreign aid to Indonesia,they say our money builds schools while their money builds the military.

There is only 1 party that has it right for foreign aid,why are we borrowing from China to give money away?

www.ldp.org.au/index.php/policies/1265-foreign-aid

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Brian Ross

Representative of me

Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2015 at 7:06pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Sep 5th, 2015 at 6:46pm:
We should cut our foreign aid to Indonesia,they say our money builds schools while their money builds the military.

There is only 1 party that has it right for foreign aid,why are we borrowing from China to give money away?

Our aid money builds schools which teach basically that Australia is a bonza place, Baron.  I'm sure you'd love to see those schools replaced with Madrassi which teach Australia is not a bonza place and should be attacked and destroyed?

Either we pay for them or we allow the radicals to pay for them.  Choice is yours.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2015 at 7:15pm

Brian Ross wrote on Sep 5th, 2015 at 7:06pm:

Our aid money builds schools which teach basically that Australia is a bonza place, Baron.  I'm sure you'd love to see those schools replaced with Madrassi which teach Australia is not a bonza place and should be attacked and destroyed?

Either we pay for them or we allow the radicals to pay for them.  Choice is yours.   Roll Eyes
Our aid money builds schools which teach basically that Australia is a bonza place, Baron. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The Indonesian media hate Australia's guts. Didn't they have some stupid money drive recently to throw it back at Australia?

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Sep 6th, 2015 at 12:41am

double plus good wrote on Sep 5th, 2015 at 7:15pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 5th, 2015 at 7:06pm:

Our aid money builds schools which teach basically that Australia is a bonza place, Baron. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The Indonesian media hate Australia's guts. Didn't they have some stupid money drive recently to throw it back at Australia?

The Indonesians are secular. There are extremists.

The government is US aligned. The US government chastised Australia for encouraging poor relations with Indonesia and just sold them highly advanced military equipment and approved their participation in advanced military aircraft to counter China and North Korea.

They hate Australia for good reason. So do lots of countries at the moment.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 4:12pm

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #8 - Nov 25th, 2015 at 12:18am

I would hate to be the pilot 'viffing' while in front of guns..... easily countered... the wing man takes him out when he loses velocity.... and to avoid a missile his detection systems would need to be immaculate.....

I'd say the SU-35 is a shot duck in a real gun fight against well-trained opponents acting as a team.

"maneuverabilty at low speed" - OK - good luck with that..... nobody will be tangling with you at low speed.... low speed leaves you within a fragmentation envelope for a long time.. jink all you like at low speed.. the frags from a missile will still hit you and while you are unstable that is a catastrophe waiting to happen...... one system out and out of control....

ADDS:-  Christ - at low speed a chopper armed with missiles could do you in..... the SU27, from which the SU35 is derived, was a ground attack aircraft derived from the SU7 - down low and hard you take your chances with everything including a peasant with a BB gun.....

With Indo pilots...oh, well.....
« Last Edit: Nov 25th, 2015 at 1:24am by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #9 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 12:07pm

Money that Indonesia doesn't have to spend on schools can be put to use exterminating those annoying Papuan chaps.
More aid for Indonesia means more dead Papuans, which Australian politicians, as a class, appear to consider a good thing.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Feb 7th, 2016 at 3:57pm

Indonesia has an economy roughly 70%  the size of Australia's, with about ten times the population. Growth is about 6% to Australia's 2-3%.

Australia's debt to GDP is running around 33% compared to around 23% for Indonesia.

Still, Australia is in a better position to buy military aircraft. 

72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print