None right    
  0 (0.0%)
Both right    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 5
« Created by: Lord Herbert on: Sep 3rd, 2015 at 2:09pm »

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A photo is worth a thousand lies .... (Read 1064 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

A photo is worth a thousand lies ....
Sep 3rd, 2015 at 11:37am

link

Quote: "Top shearer called in to trim overgrown sheep found in Australia".

Quote: "RSPCA’s plea for expert to urgently remove wool from sheep rescued near Canberra is answered by champion shearer Ian Elkins".

Then we look at a different newspaper reporting this same story, and scroll down to see the poor bloody sheep has been mutilated and cut raw due to this 'champion's' incompetence.

What makes a 'champion' shearer is speed far more than a painless haircut for the sheep. 

link

'Top shearer' .... 'expert' ... what a load of bullshit.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Re: A photo is worth a thousand lies ....
Reply #1 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 11:51am

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 11:37am:
link

Quote: "Top shearer called in to trim overgrown sheep found in Australia".

Quote: "RSPCA’s plea for expert to urgently remove wool from sheep rescued near Canberra is answered by champion shearer Ian Elkins".

Then we look at a different newspaper reporting this same story, and scroll down to see the poor bloody sheep has been mutilated and cut raw due to this 'champion's' incompetence.

What makes a 'champion' shearer is speed far more than a painless haircut for the sheep. 

link

'Top shearer' .... 'expert' ... what a load of bullshit.

Not really herb. Considering that the sheep was basically feral, and they had to sedate it just to touch it, it would have been kicking and struggling a whole lot more than a normal sheep. Add that to the problem that the fleece was tangled and matted, so a few cuts wouldn't be a sign of 'incompetence' at all.

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 11:52am

The ABC are biased, Herbie.

They're trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 12:07pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 11:51am:
Not really herb. Considering that the sheep was basically feral, and they had to sedate it just to touch it, it would have been kicking and struggling a whole lot more than a normal sheep. Add that to the problem that the fleece was tangled and matted, so a few cuts wouldn't be a sign of 'incompetence' at all.

If it's been sedated with a vet's dart then all the more reason this 'champion' should have done a better job.

There are routine ways of immobilising skittish sheep with a little twine or a ratchet-strap that this shearer didn't bother with so it would look better for him in front of the cameras.

I hope his barber is taking note.

Those wounds must hurt like hell.

And as you can see in the photo, there were others there to help keep this sedated sheep even more still if required.

Big 'fail'.

The RSPCA hired him .... and now they can FIRE him.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #4 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 1:52pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 12:07pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 11:51am:

If it's been sedated with a vet's dart then all the more reason this 'champion' should have done a better job.

There are routine ways of immobilising skittish sheep with a little twine or a ratchet-strap that this shearer didn't bother with so it would look better for him in front of the cameras.

I hope his barber is taking note.

Those wounds must hurt like hell.

And as you can see in the photo, there were others there to help keep this sedated sheep even more still if required.

Big 'fail'.

The RSPCA hired him .... and now they can FIRE him.

It wasn't a 'skittish' sheep...it hadn't had any human contact for years.....it was a full on feral, actually I'm surprised it lived that long  with that much wool.

And from the 2nd link you posted:
"There were parts of the sheep where we had to cut it in different layers because the problem for me shearing it was the weight of the fleece was pulling on the skin and we wanted to keep the skin cuts to a minimum."

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 2:00pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 1:52pm:
It wasn't a 'skittish' sheep...it hadn't had any human contact for years.....it was a full on feral, actually I'm surprised it lived that long  with that much wool.

You're going to fight me all the way to the cliff-top on this one, aren't you gizmo?

It was .... tranquilised.

How hard can it be for a champion shearer to clip the wool off a chemically paralysed sheep without ripping into it like a mad Chinaman's meat-axe?

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 2:07pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 1:52pm:
And from the 2nd link you posted:
"There were parts of the sheep where we had to cut it in different layers because the problem for me shearing it was the weight of the fleece was pulling on the skin and we wanted to keep the skin cuts to a minimum."

What utter bullshit.

He had a team of men there to take care of anything that needed doing beside actually clipping the fur.

This arsehole embarrased himself and the RSPCA who hired him - and now they're making excuses that deny even the most basic commonsense.

I'm putting this to a poll.

I've said it before. These so-called 'champion shearers' are all about the number of sheep they can grab, shear - and shove into the yard within a given time.

They don't get penalty deductions for cutting into them.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 2:09pm

bump
« Last Edit: Sep 3rd, 2015 at 6:17pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Steampipe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #8 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 3:04pm

Cant see any cuts on the sheepie, lots of pink antiseptic though.

what seems to be the problem here.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 3:23pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 2:07pm:
I'm putting this to a poll.

I voted for Herbert.

I can't believe I just said that.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 3:39pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 12:07pm:
There are routine ways of immobilising skittish sheep with a little twine or a ratchet-strap.

Some of the Kiwis I know, use gum boots and a fan belt.

IP Logged

fezz

Where's my red hat?

Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 4:25pm

Herb, are you a shearer...cause if you are you're way off track...and if you're not, you are still way off track.

First off there are no cuts, definitely some inflamed and baldish skin patches from tension alopecia...you know that thing that generally happens to sheep if not shorn once a year. Also if a sheep gets cut, they really bleed...the wool would be soaked around each cut if there were any.

Plus look how much wool length was left after shearing...the hand piece comb got nowhere near the skin.

No foul, play on I say.

P.S I grew up on a sheep station, have shorn more sheep than I want to remember...and unfortunately cut a few too Sad Sad Sad

I would rather be poor and produce nothing than be an arsehole and conquer the world

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 4:35pm

Herb is a troll, is that a type of shearer?

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Steampipe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

WA
Reply #13 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 4:42pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 4:35pm:
Herb is a troll, is that a type of shearer?

Herb might be a troll but Gregpeccary has Kiwi friends that use rubber boots and fan belts on him.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Sep 3rd, 2015 at 6:38pm

fezz wrote on Sep 3rd, 2015 at 4:25pm:
Herb, are you a shearer...cause if you are you're way off track...and if you're not, you are still way off track.

First off there are no cuts, definitely some inflamed and baldish skin patches from tension alopecia...you know that thing that generally happens to sheep if not shorn once a year. Also if a sheep gets cut, they really bleed...the wool would be soaked around each cut if there were any.

Plus look how much wool length was left after shearing...the hand piece comb got nowhere near the skin.

No foul, play on I say.

P.S I grew up on a sheep station, have shorn more sheep than I want to remember...and unfortunately cut a few too Sad Sad Sad

Good stuff, Fez. I believe you.

Therefore I'm folding my cards and conceding the poll to Gizmo.

How do you feel about mulesing?

link

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print