Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
The dilema that faces Europe - refugees (Read 4936 times)
red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
The dilema that faces Europe - refugees
Aug 30th, 2015 at 2:49pm

Europe's moment of truth is at hand. Tens of thousands of refugees are fleeing from Countries as far flung as Africa and the Middle East.

They are coming in a human wave of misery and the European Countries with Italy the hardest hit but by no means alone are finding that their infrastructure is crumbling under the non stop wave of misery flowing into their borders.

There is no easy fix or solution to this problem. It is going to grow and grow and grow.

Already the Facist Party in Italy is receiving rapidly increasing support to plug the borders of the Country in the face of the current Italian Government basically wringing its hands and not confronting what is obviously a national crisis.

I am not supporting the facist stance but I understand the huge worries of the average citizens, who do not want to see their countries disappear under a tide of illegal immigrants.

When is enough - enough? When do you have to say, we can't take anymore refugees?

They have to go somewhere but where?

I am very much afraid a chilling response, lies not far off for these poor wretches, who are fleeing from ISIS and any amount of tyrants in Africa and the Middle East.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: The dilema that faces Europe - refugees
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:04pm

And we carry on about a few coming in by boat, even if they are largely country shoppers.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:07pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:04pm:
And we carry on about a few coming in by boat, even if they are largely country shoppers.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #3 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:11pm

Same thing happened in Australia since 1788 and eventually the refugees took over.

“I’ll let you be in my dreams if I can be in yours” Bob Dylan

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #4 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:21pm

Well Unforgiven you should get down on your little blue hands and knees and give thanks that our Country is surrounded by water, otherwise we would be in the same sinking shoe called Italy.

And whilst your at it give a prayer of thanks to Tony Abbott who had the balls to turn the boats back, otherwise we would be sinking under the same human tide that Europe is.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:23pm

red baron wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:21pm:
Well Unforgiven you should get down on your little blue hands and knees and give thanks that our Country is surrounded by water, otherwise we would be in the same sinking shoe called Italy.

And whilst your at it give a prayer of thanks to Tony Abbott who had the balls to turn the boats back, otherwise we would be sinking under the same human tide that Europe is.

I have no fear of refugees as Red Baron does. These people have shown initiative and battled through severe adversity.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:23pm

I'm noticing that there's not a lot of compassion for the asylum seekers there, red.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:29pm

No Greggerry, I see Europe in disarray and thank God that it isn't happening to us.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #8 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:30pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:23pm:

I'm noticing that there's not a lot of compassion for the asylum seekers there, red.

NIMBY = Red

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #9 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:32pm

Damned straight it is!

Let me pose a question if you were Prime Minister of Italy and you could see the human tide flowing in unabated, growing perhaps and without exaggeration into hundreds of thousands of people...what would you do?

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:33pm

things will get worse, the world is already overpopulated and projections are for a few more billion to come.

don't fight it Red, you'll lose. It's like trying to stop high tide with sandbags ... you might manage for a while but eventually the banks will break ... rather than fighting it, you should embrace it. Enjoy the ride and catch a wave.

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:36pm

red baron wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:29pm:
No Greggerry, I see Europe in disarray and thank God that it isn't happening to us.

You have no compassion for people doing it tough.

Why is that?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:38pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:30pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:23pm:

NIMBY = Red

Indeed.

Red did the right thing by choosing to be born in a nice country like Australia.

IP Logged

red baron
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Blue Mountains
Reply #13 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:45pm

Yes and I intend for my children and my children's children  to enjoy the Australia that exists now.

Should we go for the bleeding heart response in 'everyone gets a ticket in' this Country will be buried in so much turmoil, it will be unrecogniseable.

Tony Abbott saved this Country.

IP Logged

Unforgiven
Gold Member

I have sinned

Reply #14 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:48pm

red baron wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:45pm:
Yes and I intend for my children and my children's children  to enjoy the Australia that exists now.

Should we go for the bleeding heart response in 'everyone gets a ticket in' this Country will be buried in so much turmoil, it will be unrecogniseable.

Tony Abbott saved this Country.

Australia is a migrant country. Except for Aborigines, everybody here is either currently a migrant or is descended from migrants.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print