Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Yet another Mother's boyfrend murder of kid. (Read 2582 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Yet another Mother's boyfrend murder of kid.
Aug 28th, 2015 at 3:46pm

There should be a law against it.

No divorced mother of small children should have a live-in 'boyfriend' until the youngest is in his or her teens.

link

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: Yet another Mother's boyfrend murder of kid.
Reply #1 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 3:50pm

My sentiments exactly Herb, I was only discussing that with my missus last night.

You see it so often , the new boyfriend has no fatherly connection to the child and starts mistreating them or even worse in this case.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 4:51pm

Look at the case of Mervyn Bell in Western Australia. He was convicted of sexually assaulting and murdering a 10 month old boy.

The child was subjected to a sustained assault which caused injuries including broken bones, full-thickness burns, internal bleeding and severe bruising after Bell took the child from his home in Broome after beating his mother and leaving her naked in the street. She was left in intensive care.

The Police sadly were less then helpful with the grandfather of the baby boy being told he would be arrested and refused access to higher ranking officers after repeatedly demanding police begin searching for the child.

He was told that the station was under financed and under resourced and that there were more pressing matters to be dealt with.

But karma has a way of biting back.

Malcolm Yarran, father of Carlton player Chris Yarran, and Lawrence Watt are on trial for causing grievous bodily harm to Bell.

The jury at Perth's District Court was told Bell was playing cards in the jail's exercise yard last June when Yarran allegedly struck him in the head and the ribs with the hammer, which he had taken while performing gardening duties at the prison.

He then threw the hammer at Bell, which was picked up by Watt who carried on the attack, striking Bell on the head and shoulder.

Bell was a marked man in prison and sooner or later he was going to meet with harm.

Malcolm Yarran of course denies he had anything to do with the attack on Bell as he was dependent on his privileges to keep the TV in his cell on which he watched his son play in the AFL every week.

Either way Bell got off light.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #3 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 4:59pm

All care, no responsibility. 

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 6:14pm

It's just such a stereo-type.

If you're a little boy you get tortured and killed, and if you're a little girl it's not long before the mother's 'boyfriend' starts abusing her sexually.

I think what we hear about these things in the media is just the tip of a very big iceberg.

As a kid I got abused (but never penetrated) - and never said a word.

One of the most valuable lessons schools could be telling the kids is that it's OKAY to report adults to other adults about their sexually abusive behaviour.

How many millions of kids over the past 100 years have simply been too scared to broach the subject of being abused by an adult?

Paedophiles should never be released back into society 'after they've done their time'. Their condition is permanent. It's something nagging at them all the time to go seek satisfaction. Gotta scratch that itch.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #5 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 6:26pm

My husband never wanted children and has none of his own. That said, hes a wonderful stepdad. My children adore him and they have a very close relationship. They have no need of a father figure.. they see their dad every day. My ex husband was understandably concerned when I met someone serious but we took it so slow until everyone was comfortable. My children also have a stepmother. Shes amazing and they love her very much. I love her too, because shes good to them and and their dad.

My husband was in the supermarket with my 8yr old son last week and my son told him that he was the best stepdad in the world. I agree.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #6 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 6:34pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 6:26pm:
My husband never wanted children and has none of his own. That said, hes a wonderful stepdad. My children adore him and they have a very close relationship. They have no need of a father figure.. they see their dad every day. My ex husband was understandably concerned when I met someone serious but we took it so slow until everyone was comfortable. My children also have a stepmother. Shes amazing and they love her very much. I love her too, because shes good to them and and their dad.

My husband was in the supermarket with my 8yr old son last week and my son told him that he was the best stepdad in the world. I agree.

That is wonderful Annie.  My middle son is in his early 30s and met a young lady with two children.  He accepted them as his own and absolutely adores them.  They refer to him as "Daddy Stu"   The real Dad wants nothing to do with them as do his parents.  We have taken over as the "other" grandparents.  Out of the blue, their own little child has arrived so know we have three little girls to watch over

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 6:43pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 6:14pm:
Paedophiles should never be released back into society 'after they've done their time'. Their condition is permanent. It's something nagging at them all the time to go seek satisfaction. Gotta scratch that itch.

Couldn't agree more.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 6:50pm

Vic wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 6:34pm:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 6:26pm:

That is wonderful Annie.  My middle son is in his early 30s and met a young lady with two children.  He accepted them as his own and absolutely adores them.  They refer to him as "Daddy Stu"   The real Dad wants nothing to do with them as do his parents.  We have taken over as the "other" grandparents.  Out of the blue, their own little child has arrived so know we have three little girls to watch over

perfect situations for you both.

thanks for sharing

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 6:50pm

Black Orchid wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 6:43pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 6:14pm:

Couldn't agree more.

I agree

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #10 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 6:51pm

Your son sounds like a good man, Vic. You and your wife did a good job.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 7:58pm

The nuclear family is a very recent phenomenon and is already in a steep decline.  Family is however you define it.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 8:00pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 3:46pm:

No divorced mother of small children should have a live-in 'boyfriend' until the youngest is in his or her teens.

link

Destruction of the traditional family unit is "progress".

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 8:08pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 8:00pm:

link

Are you suggesting couples should continue to live together in a loveless marriage?

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 8:09pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Aug 28th, 2015 at 8:00pm:

link

Nothing "traditional" about the nuclear family.  The ancient Romans, for example, had very different ideas about family but it doesn't fit your idea of "traditional."

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print