Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A nice little surprise. (Read 1040 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: A nice little surprise.
Reply #15 - Aug 19th, 2015 at 6:38pm

Phemanderac wrote on Aug 19th, 2015 at 5:43pm:
cods wrote on Aug 19th, 2015 at 5:37pm:
well done as you say a dying art form.. and we need to stop these things from disappearing altogether.. surely we will soon get bored with flying cars read exploding.. and people being able to run up buildings.....

swashbuckling I love it...dont forget the warm ups and cool downs...good luck..

LOL, sadly Cods, I think the walk along the driveway to their building is my warm up these days....

As to the flying cars, I don't think I would get bored with them, however, working out a sword fight scene involving them might be exciting too... A win win perhaps.

not on your life sword fighting is romance Zorro and Errol Flynn...no way is an exploding car romantic...

I am hoping all the old stuff will come back and you may get a starring role if you play your cards right...

I see where they are doing Shakespeare's  Richard the 11.. it could be the 111....on stage with David Tennant [late Dr Who]...I remember sword fights in the film...good stuff.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #16 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 1:22am

I have taken both fencing and Kendo lessons, Kendo seemingly the most physically taxing of the two because of the heavy, sweat-producing gear involved but fencing is more fun. 
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2015 at 2:32am by AiA »  

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #17 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 1:42am

I used to fence.. but my martial arts is restricted to very  unpracticed SAS unarmed combat - which is  jiu jitsu at its base.  Confronted with a serious situation, I would be left - at age 66 - with taking out the knees in several ways... possibly the elbows... still fast when inspired.. but slow to see things coming at times...

(last three fights, put three people in hospital, two in one engagement - the other one I spread across a table in a club and warned him not to try again - when he came back - to my back - he nearly went down for months except that the security people pulled me off first - I was going to break his right kneecap and his left elbow, but he got no closer than about four feet, with his mates screaming that he'd be killed, when the security people grabbed me and I didn't resist

Grasshoppers - it is the maintaining of perspective and only the seeking out of harm to bad people that counts - I was 100% intent on harming him severely, but would not fight those doing their jobs)....

Truly an amazing Walter Mitty... Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 5:42pm

Thanks all for your comments.

Off tonight to do first bit of Choreography with one of the trainers... Fight Choreography that is - there may be a few bruises tomorrow  Cheesy Cheesy

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print