Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Can you support atrocities and human rights? (Read 41385 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Re: Can you support atrocities and human rights?
Reply #135 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 5:43pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 21st, 2015 at 3:45pm:
Moses, if people travel to Syria to fight and have every intention of dying in Syria - what does that say about the threat they pose to Australia?

You don't believe them when they say they act in the name of Islam - why do you believe them when they say this?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #136 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 6:01pm

Soren wrote on Aug 21st, 2015 at 5:43pm:
You don't believe them when they say they act in the name of Islam

100% wrong.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #137 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 6:44pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 21st, 2015 at 6:01pm:

100% wrong.

Oh, so you accept that they act in the name of Islam??

That's what I have been saying for years - and thought you insisted that Islam and Muslims have nuffin' to do wiv nuffin'.

I can feel a really twisted yeah-but-no-but coming on......

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #138 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 6:48pm

Soren wrote on Aug 21st, 2015 at 6:44pm:

100% wrong.

That's what I have been saying for years - and thought you insisted that Islam and Muslims have nuffin' to do wiv nuffin'.

Oh, I know. We’ve heard yours on the Old Testament.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #139 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 6:50pm

100% wrong.

Oh, I know. We’ve heard yours on the Old Testament.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #140 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 7:03pm

Gandalf are you backpedaling on your "faux threats" and "fake morals" accusations? Did you mistake me for these unidentified 'western leaders' who practice some kind of collective hypocrisy?

Are you going to back up your claim about democracy in Iraq, or is that getting too specific for you? Are we to simply move on from your hysterical over-reaction to my post?

Quote:
Rubbish.

How would you describe your efforts to interpret what they really meant? How can you demand we appreciate your sincerity when your first response to both Muslims and non-Muslims who disagree with you is an accusation of insincerity, followed up by a hopelessly inconsistent claim to the moral high ground?

Quote:
20 something I think - in other words bugger all. Certainly not enough to justify the hysteria.

What hysteria? Most people aren't even aware there are so many. Plus we have 100 or so raping and pillaging their way across the middle east. On top of that, it is the pointy end of a broad anti freedom movement that employs the full gamut of methods, is pushed by major mainstream Muslim organisations (in addition to terrorists) and has broad support among the world's Muslims for the agenda they are pushing.

Quote:
We should be more concerned about the 100 or so women who die every year from domestic violence.

Nice try at deflection. Have you not noticed the anti-DV movement that is heavily government funded?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #141 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 9:07pm

FD I'm not backpeddling anything, and I'm not going over old 50 page threads to prove once again I said what I said. And finally I'm not going over what I've already done to death on Bremer's regime in Iraq.

freediver wrote on Aug 21st, 2015 at 7:03pm:
Most people aren't even aware there are so many.

Nonsense. After all the hysteria with those police raid extravaganzas - which the media just happened to get a tip off about as they were happening - the average joe blow probably thinks our prisons are chock full of terrorists. Then ASIO inexplicably ramps up this absurd "terrorism alert" thing from "scared" to "panic" or something like that. Completely meaningless of course.

Its just blatantly and shamelessly confected by an irresponsible government that must keep proving their national security credentials - as well as take the heat off their embarrassment of a budgetary policy. And that is why someone like yourself who claims to stand up for freedom should be all over this - and see it for what it is - an actual threat to our freedoms. It should be dealt with without the fuss and without making it political - like DV is treated.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #142 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 9:28pm

Quote:
FD I'm not backpeddling anything, and I'm not going over old 50 page threads to prove once again I said what I said.

We haven't even gotten to the proof yet. We are still trying to figure out what you meant. You accused me, and 'clarified' with some vague waffle about western leaders. You don't think I am the PM do you?

What are these "faux threats" and "fake morals" you accuse me of, while claiming to be the standard bearer for at the same time as complaining we doubt your sincerity?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #143 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 10:03pm

Grin behold the FD reply.

You are a joke.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #144 - Aug 22nd, 2015 at 10:53am

Gandalf were you being sincere when you accused me of fake morals?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #145 - Aug 22nd, 2015 at 11:56am

FD, were you being sincere when you accused G of supporting Mardi Gras terrorism to put to death the hommers (both the giver and the taker)?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Aug 22nd, 2015 at 3:00pm

gandalf wrote

Quote:
Reply #134 - Yesterday at 3:45pm:
Moses, if people travel to Syria to fight and have every intention of dying in Syria - what does that say about the threat they pose to Australia?

&

Reply #141 - Yesterday at 9:07pm
Nonsense. After all the hysteria with those police raid extravaganzas - which the media just happened to get a tip off about as they were happening - the average joe blow probably thinks our prisons are chock full of terrorists. Then ASIO inexplicably ramps up this absurd "terrorism alert" thing from "scared" to "panic" or something like that. Completely meaningless of course.

Its just blatantly and shamelessly confected by an irresponsible government that must keep proving their national security credentials - as well as take the heat off their embarrassment of a budgetary policy. And that is why someone like yourself who claims to stand up for freedom should be all over this - and see it for what it is - an actual threat to our freedoms. It should be dealt with without the fuss and without making it political - like DV is treated.

If only there was a smidgen of logic in your above scenarios.

muslims in Syria (and other muslim countries) are calling for muslims around the globe to commit islamic atrocities in their western safe havens.

Our anti terror units have preempted and defeated many muslims before they have been able to carry out their acts of terror.

I believe that it's about 400 Australian muslims have been stopped from going overseas to commit islamic atrocities.

I haven't got the figures on hand, as to how many Australian muslims have been detained, jailed or waiting for trial on terrorism charges.

However they do exist in the plural, which means islamic atrocities are the norm for muslims, most definitely not a totally uncommon precept occasionally carried out by some singular muslim nutcase.

The facts are that muslims present a threat in real time, in Australia and other western nations.

muslim on muslim violence is ever present, has been since the inception of islam.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #147 - Aug 22nd, 2015 at 5:18pm

100% wrong.

Soren I accept that they believe they are acting the name of Islam - that's the point. I can therefore trust them at their word that they intend to fight and die in Syria. So I again I ask the question - what threat does such a person pose to Australia?

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #148 - Aug 22nd, 2015 at 5:30pm

freediver wrote on Aug 22nd, 2015 at 10:53am:

You apologise for, and indulge in the sorts of fake morals I mentioned. I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not being behaving like this in a cynical way - and that you sincerely believe that these morals are not fake (unlike the people who create them).

You are misguided rather than deceitful.

Quote:

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #149 - Aug 22nd, 2015 at 5:44pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 22nd, 2015 at 5:30pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 22nd, 2015 at 10:53am:

You apologise for, and indulge in the sorts of fake morals I mentioned. I'm happy to give you the benefit of the doubt that you are not being behaving like this in a cynical way - and that you sincerely believe that these morals are not fake (unlike the people who create them).

You are misguided rather than deceitful.

Do you think FD truly believes Iraq is the next South Korea, G?

Shurely shome mishtake.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 17
Send Topic Print