Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Can you support atrocities and human rights? (Read 41527 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Can you support atrocities and human rights?
Reply #120 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 1:14pm

Quote:
Am I wrong? That was my interpretation. If I was wrong in my interpretation just say so FD - we can clear this up easily. Why is it so hard? I really don't understand.

Tell me Gandalf, did you go back and locate the post in question and check it was the only one so that your instructions for finding it are valid? Why not just quote it? I have not said so because I have no idea what you are on about and am not going to try to figure it out. The fact that you are unwilling to quote it alongside your hysterical take on it says enough for me. You made the claim. You back it up. That's how it works.

Quote:
Not really. Its not a matter of what you think about yourself, but if you accept the sincerity of others.
Do you accept my sincerity?

This is an interesting question. When your fellow Muslims state quite clearly that they stand in opposition to freedom and democracy, you respond by calling their sincerity into question. You appear to be motivated by Islam to do this - you are definding your fellow Muslims from those who would cynically use fake wishy washy western liberal values to smear Islam. I am sure they would return the favour on you, again in the name of Islam. Now you question my sincerity in supporting freedom and democracy in the name of Islam - throwing out terms like fake morals and faux threats, in the same thread you clame to be the standard bearer for them.

I can appreciate the human capacity for inconsistency and self delusion, but you make it hard to take you seriously. Perhaps it might help if you could distinguish between the "faux threats" and the real ones, and distinguinguish between the "fake morals", the cynical wishy washy values, and the real ones, it might be a little easier. As far as I can tell you refer to the same thing. You mock freedom and democracy when Islam and your fellow Muslims stand in opposition to them. You invent some kind of alternative then talk it out of existence. Then you claim to be the standard bearer for these things. To top it off, you demand I refrain from specific responses to try to figure out what you are on about. We must ignore the details and inconsistencies and appreciate your gist.

Sincerely yours,

Freediver

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #121 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 2:40pm

freediver wrote on Aug 20th, 2015 at 1:14pm:
When your fellow Muslims state quite clearly that they stand in opposition to freedom and democracy, you respond by calling their sincerity into question.

What???

Now you question my sincerity in supporting freedom and democracy in the name of Islam - throwing out terms like fake morals and faux threats, in the same thread you clame to be the standard bearer for them

No you misunderstand me. As I already said, I have no doubt you believe in these fake morals and faux threats. But to me they are still fake and faux. I am not questioning your sincerity FD.

Perhaps it might help if you could distinguish between the "faux threats" and the real ones, and distinguinguish between the "fake morals", the cynical wishy washy values, and the real ones, it might be a little easier.

I really did cover it all in my lengthy post yesterday. "faux threats" are extremely low level threats that are artificially built up as cynical exercises in opportunism - usually to create divisions for political purposes. The threat of Islamic terrorism in Australia is one such threat. Boats are another. They are being exagerated beyond all recognition by a flailing government desperately in search of the 'dog whistle' vote.

"Fake morals" are exercises in double standards - again for cynical purposes. Its things like American leaders lecturing everyone about human rights and justice and freedom etc etc - while at the same time giving a wink and a nod to yet another Israeli massacre of Palestinians, or terrorizing Pakistani children with drones. Its rewriting the entire narrative of brutal western imperial history - into one of the noble spreading of democracy and freedom. You can put this in the same category as 'cynical wishy washy liberal values'.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #122 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 2:45pm

Tell me Gandalf, did you go back and locate the post in question and check it was the only one so that your instructions for finding it are valid? Why not just quote it?

Fine you win  Roll Eyes

freediver wrote on Aug 14th, 2015 at 7:17pm:
Quote:
If you look at the way the Bremer regime started off

Do you need to look at it a special way Gandalf? Is this like my skills at saying things without actually saying them?

Was this not a way of expressing your scepticism towards my claim that the Bremer regime had no interest in setting up democracy in Iraq? If not, then great.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 3:54pm

gandalf wrote Reply #95 - Yesterday at 11:01am

Quote:
The issue I'm interested here is what is undermining freedoms here in the west. You think its people feeling intimidated to mock Muhammad, whereas I think its our "unity ticket" parliament rubber stamping dangerous laws to undermine some pretty basic rights.

A big part of the problem, which Karnal has touched on before in detail, is the modern distortion of our idea of freedom. Nowadays "freedom" seems to be all about who can be the most offensive and to witch-hunt those who inevitably complain about being offended. You will never see a 'draw Muhammad' competition that includes entrants that are not offensive caricatures of muslims. Thats because stunts like these insist on making the two terms "freedom" and "be offensive" as completely synonymous. I take what you no doubt see as a quaint view that true freedom of speech should be something that is responsible and constructive to public discussion. You will no doubt counter that offending muslims and teaching muslims to accept offense is just what is needed for healthy public discourse. But this is absurd if you think about it: humans are emotional creatures, and you are never going to be constructive if you deliberately set out to create an emotional response. But what can you do? Obviously the solution is not censorship or taking away people's rights to be offensive - the only point I can make here is that we have distorted the idea of what it means to have freedom of expression. So by all means offend away and stand up for your right to be offensive - and I will be the first to condemn any violent reactions to it. But don't pretend that such a discourse will do any good in terms of bringing about social harmony and healthy debate.

Perhaps all this wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't such a one-way discourse. Freeeedom lovers like you I mean - saying that the right to insult per se is the be-all and end-all of freedom, and that people who object to that must be ruthlessly attacked. Some understanding of the hurt people are feeling and why its so destructive wouldn't go astray, and it can be perfectly consistent with standing up for true freedom: I condemn those people who react violently to those Muhammad cartoons - but I also condemn those who deliberately set out to offend and look for a reaction. Believe it or not, you actually can condemn someone while at the same time accept their right to be offensive. You seem to take the view that condemning someone for a certain expression is a bit too close to comfort to calling for banning such expressions. It is not. And you also seem to take the view that a few violent incidents automatically makes any peaceful reaction by muslims as cynical and illegitimate. Thus you will go to all sorts of ridiculous contortions to dismiss a muslim protest against a brazen attack on freedom and democracy - as somehow a front for anti-freedom. As well as mock muslims who protest against actual proposed censorship. These are the incidents that you should be praising if you were consistent with your professed values. Instead you will always find a way to turn muslim activity into sinister activity.

No doubt you will have a lot to say in reply, but I do ask that you depart from your usual style of slicing up my post sentence by sentence and responding to each with 30 meaningless one line quips. Try and make a meaningful response that I can make sense of.

You seem to be labouring under the banner of self pity gandalf.

Do you understand the offence felt by people who are the intended victims of the intentionally degenerate odiousness of the qur'an?

Do you understand the offence, felt by people, who see the death and destruction inflicted on innocent human beings, by jihadists who follow the perversion in the qur'an to the letter, in order to claim their rightful place as the highest grade of muslim there is?

Do you understand the offence felt by people who hear the deliberate lies of the muslims, as they fallaciously carp on about: islam's a religion of peace, it's got nothing to do with islam, it's been misinterpreted, muhammad was the best of all examples, allah is the same god as Y.H.W.H. etc. etc. etc.?

Time to stop your muslims are the victims deceit, accept responsibility for the decadence in your cult gandalf.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #124 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 4:24pm

moses wrote on Aug 20th, 2015 at 3:54pm:
Time to stop your muslims are the victims deceit

And yet the victims of Islamic terrorism are overwhelmingly muslim - agreed?

Saying that muslims are victims in this is just a simple statement of fact.

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 5:06pm

Always running away from the fact that islam is deliberately offensive to an infinite number of people around the globe gandalf.

The world is changing rapidly, if you don't accept responsibility for islamic depravity and clean up your doctrine, the day will come when the world will turn on you. It's slowly taking shape gandalf. Your future is in your hands.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #126 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 8:03pm

Moses, you see, has become an Old Testament life coach.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #127 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 9:04pm

Quote:
What???

Malaysia, if you don't mind me being specific. Let me know when this gets too detailed for you and I'll go back to waving my arms in the air.

Quote:
I really did cover it all in my lengthy post yesterday. "faux threats" are extremely low level threats that are artificially built up as cynical exercises in opportunism - usually to create divisions for political purposes.

Are people free to make Muhammed videos?

Quote:
The threat of Islamic terrorism in Australia is one such threat. Boats are another. They are being exagerated beyond all recognition by a flailing government desperately in search of the 'dog whistle' vote.

How many Australians are in jail on terrorism charges?

Quote:
"Fake morals" are exercises in double standards - again for cynical purposes. Its things like American leaders lecturing everyone

You accused me of both of these things Gandalf. Are you backpedaling?

Quote:
Was this not a way of expressing your scepticism towards my claim that the Bremer regime had no interest in setting up democracy in Iraq? If not, then great.

See, that is far less hysterical. It's amazing how much perspective simply quoting me can bring to your interpretation isn't it? Yes I am skeptical of this claim. I would like to see you follow through on it.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #128 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 9:11pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 20th, 2015 at 4:24pm:
moses wrote on Aug 20th, 2015 at 3:54pm:
Time to stop your muslims are the victims deceit

And yet the victims of Islamic terrorism are overwhelmingly muslim - agreed?

Saying that muslims are victims in this is just a simple statement of fact.

That is the duplicitous and deceitful game which 'the moslem' always plays.

i.e.
In his conflict in the earth, 'the moslem' always plays, one of two roles.

'The moslem' is either playing the "Allah Akbar" victor [AND in reality, a cruel and ruthless oppressor!],
OR,
'the moslem' is playing the 'innocent' victim [because in his conflict with others he is proven to be weaker than his enemy AND has no chance of prevailing].

gandalf,

You say;
"....the victims of Islamic terrorism are overwhelmingly muslim - agreed?"

Yes it is true.

e.g.
When moslem group (A) and moslem group (B) are in conflict with each other, and when moslem group (A) is stronger that moslem group (B),    then moslem group (B) will claim they are the innocent victims of wrongful violence!

BUT CONVERSELY [and perversely] !     ....When moslem group (A) and moslem group (B) are in conflict with each other, and when moslem group (B) is stronger that moslem group (A),    then moslem group (A) will claim they are the innocent victims of wrongful violence!

Moslems are not sincere people.

Moslems are duplicitous, deceitful, and violent and ruthless people.

When moslems are stronger than their enemies, MOSLEMS WILL COMMIT 'RIGHTEOUS' ATROCITIES AGAINST THEIR WEAKER ENEMY.

And when moslems are weaker than their [sometimes moslem] enemies, THE WEAKER MOSLEM CAMP WILL ALWAYS CLAIM THAT THEY ARE THE INNOCENT VICTIMS, OF OTHERS VIOLENCE AND ATROCITIES.

ISLAM, is what the moslem psyche deserves!

God damn, the filthy, stinking, deceitful, vicious, murderous, ruthless,       .....moslem.

Psalms 7:15
He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.

Psalms 9:16
The LORD is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 9:13pm

FD, do you see yourself as the standard bearer of modern liberal values?

You haven’t said.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #130 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 9:52pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 20th, 2015 at 9:13pm:

You haven’t said.

karnal,

What is meaning of the word; 'pragmatic' ?

my dictionary is broken.      Wink

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 12:17am

Yadda wrote on Aug 20th, 2015 at 9:52pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 20th, 2015 at 9:13pm:

You haven’t said.

karnal,

What is meaning of the word; 'pragmatic' ?

my dictionary is broken.      Wink

I give up, Y. Not a follower of Islam, is it?

Can’t be. That one’s taken.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #132 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 7:52am

freediver wrote on Aug 20th, 2015 at 9:04pm:
Malaysia

Rubbish.

freediver wrote on Aug 20th, 2015 at 9:04pm:
How many Australians are in jail on terrorism charges

20 something I think - in other words bugger all. Certainly not enough to justify the hysteria. We should be more concerned about the 100 or so women who die every year from domestic violence. I'll eagerly await the next 20-flag press address by the PM railing against the "death cult" of Australian husbands right?  Tongue

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 3:16pm

gandalf wrote:

Quote:
20 something I think - in other words bugger all. Certainly not enough to justify the hysteria. We should be more concerned about the 100 or so women who die every year from domestic violence. I'll eagerly await the next 20-flag press address by the PM railing against the "death cult" of Australian husbands right?

List of Australian muslims obeying the filth in the qur'an

April 16, 2015 5:03pm

FOREIGN FIGHTERS BY STATE:

NSW: 37

WA: 1

VIC: 14

QLD: 6

NT: 1

ACT: 1

TOTAL: 61 (1 unknown)

AUSSIE JIHADIS

1) Mostafa Mahamed Farag (Abu Sulayman al-Muhajir) (NSW) 30

2) Khaled Sharrouf (Abu Zarqawi al Australi) (NSW) 33

3) Mohamed Elomar (Abu Hafs al Australi) (NSW) 30

4) Tara Nettleton (Umm Zarqawi) (NSW)

5) Abdullah Elmir (Abu Zubayr Al Muhajir) (NSW) 17

6) Yusuf Yusuf (Abu Affan Alsomalee) (VIC)

7) Zehra Duman ( Umm Abdullatif) (VIC)

8) Mounir Raad (VIC) 21

9) Neil Prakash (Abu Khalid al Cambodi) (VIC) 23

10) Abraham Succarieh (QLD) 29

11) Muhammed Sheglabo (WA) 23

12) Hodan Abby (NSW) 18

13) Hafsa Mohamed (NSW) 20

14-17) The El Baf brothers - Taha, 17, Hamza, 23, Omar, 28, Bilal, 25. (NSW)

AUSSIE DEAD CULT

18) Amira Karroum (Amira Ali) (NSW) 22

19) Tyler Casey (Yusuf Ali) (NSW) 22

20) Sharky Jama (Abu Tawba Alsomalee) (VIC)

21) Caner Temel (NSW) 22

22) Abdul Salam Mahmoud (Abu Hamza al-Sudani and Yassin Ali) (NSW) age unknown

23) Jake Bilardi (Abu Abdullah al Australi) (VIC) 18

24) Mohammad Ali Baryalei (Abu Omar) (NSW) 33

25) Suhan Rahman (Abu Jihadi al Australi) (VIC) 23

26) Mahmoud Abdullatif (VIC) 23

27) Zakarayah Raad (Abu Yayha ash Shami) (NSW) 22

28) Adam Dahman (VIC) 18

29) Roger Abbas (VIC) 23

30) Yusuf Toprakkaya (VIC) 30

31) Sammy Salma (VIC) 22

32) Mustapha al-Majzoub (NSW) 30

33) Ahmad Moussali (NSW) age unknown

34) Ahmed Succarieh (Abu Asma al Australi) (QLD)

35) Zia Abdul Haq (Abu Yusseph) (QLD) 33

36) Ahmad Mohamad Al-Ghaz’zaoui (NSW) unknown age

AUSSIE KIDS IN SYRIA

37-41) Five Sharrouf children (two daughters, three sons) (NSW)

Islamic State: Gang of five would-be terrorists stopped at Sydney Airport August 20, 2015 5:20pm

Islamic State: Seven more Australians stopped from joining Middle East terrorist groups Updated Thu at 11:04am

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #134 - Aug 21st, 2015 at 3:45pm

Moses, if people travel to Syria to fight and have every intention of dying in Syria - what does that say about the threat they pose to Australia?

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17
Send Topic Print