Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 71
Send Topic Print
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Aug 11th, 2015 at 11:37am

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Sign up here to be an anti-Uber vigilante
Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 12:03pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 11:37am:

I'm surprised Aussie hasn't mentioned this.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 1:37pm

good one them I say .... anything that pisses Aussie off has to be a good thing

boges, I'm surprised ... aren't you always going on about small govt., let the markets dictate, rewarding effort and all those other lovely phrases you like to throw out all the time?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 1:40pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 1:37pm:

boges, I'm surprised ... aren't you always going on about small govt., let the markets dictate, rewarding effort and all those other lovely phrases you like to throw out all the time?

Good to see you recognizing the benefits of small govt and free trade Jonathon.    Tongue

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 1:43pm

But on the other hand, I don't like to see people who have invested their life earnings in a govt-licensed business model being sabotaged by unfair competition.

And while I might be private enterprise, I am not sharing economy. It smacks too much of underground leftist economics to me and, as such, usually ends up with a few nasty people walking away with a fortune and leaving wreckage in their wake.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 1:50pm

Swagman wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 1:40pm:
John Smith wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 1:37pm:

Good to see you recognizing the benefits of small govt and free trade Jonathon.    Tongue

benefits of small govt? no, I like it because it pisses Aussie off ... pay attention Swag

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 1:52pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 1:43pm:
I don't like to see people who have invested their life earnings in a govt-licensed business model being sabotaged by unfair competition.

I agree, I think the govt. should compensate them. After all, the govt, charged them the ridiculous fees to start with

It smacks too much of underground leftist economics to me and, as such, usually ends up with a few nasty people walking away with a fortune and leaving wreckage in their wake.

as opposed to whats happened in mining, banking, energy, retail and just about every other sector you care to name.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:00pm

Uber will come unstuck in Australia.  I know how well any Uber driver would fare here on the Coast.  The least of his worries would be a citizen's arrest.

Mr Smith I do hope your vehicle is not damaged by the negligent operation of a Uber 'taxi.'  Unless that driver has plenty long pockets, you'll be whistling dixie trying to get your car repaired at his expense.  They do not have commercial vehicle insurance.

There are many reasons why you Mr Smith ought be concerned about them, but I doubt there is much point me pointing them out to you, give your pathetic attitude.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:03pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:00pm:
Mr Smith I do hope your vehicle is not damaged by the negligent operation of a Uber 'taxi.'

Don't care, I'm fully covered, the rest is my insurance companies problem, not mine.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:04pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:03pm:
Mr Smith I do hope your vehicle is not damaged by the negligent operation of a Uber 'taxi.'

Don't care, I'm fully covered, the rest is my insurance companies problem, not mine.

No excess?

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:06pm

John Smith wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 1:52pm:
It smacks too much of underground leftist economics to me and, as such, usually ends up with a few nasty people walking away with a fortune and leaving wreckage in their wake.

as opposed to whats happened in mining, banking, energy, retail and just about every other sector you care to name.

If you're a stock market investor in any of these sectors, you take your risks or rewards. Totally different thing from the likes of Uber.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:06pm

There are many reasons why you Mr Smith ought be concerned about them, but I doubt there is much point me pointing them out to you, give your pathetic attitude.

do you need a tissue?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:07pm

Further...on that point that you have insurance.  Your premiums are likely to rise if Uber gets a real hold as there will then be a greater risk as more uninsured cars will be on the road and likely to damage your property.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:08pm

bogarde73 wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:06pm:
John Smith wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 1:52pm:

If you're a stock market investor in any of these sectors, you take your risks or rewards. Totally different thing from the likes of Uber.

ahh, so stock market investors are Ok ... lucky for them. ............. and what about the small mum and dad operators the big companies walk over? The one's who've invested their life savings into a farm, a corner store or whatever else it may be?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:08pm

Aussie wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 2:07pm:
Further...on that point that you have insurance.  Your premiums are likely to rise if Uber gets a real hold as there will then be a greater risk as more uninsured cars will be on the road and likely to damage your property.

I'll take my chances .... I work from home, drive less than 2000 k a year. .. I think I'm safe.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 71
Send Topic Print