Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
GUN LAWS -- Australian Law vs. American Law (Read 9846 times)
Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Re: GUN LAWS -- Australian Law vs. American Law
Reply #30 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 4:43pm

On the subject of Semi-Automatics, in America it might go this way:

Makes perfect sense, no?
  Wink

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #31 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 4:49pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 12:18pm:
Panther wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 11:50am:
|dev|null wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 11:22am:

No valid argument or meaningful contribution (I guess??) Hot_Breath is just a Troll.... http://imgur.com/MmJgF7o.gif         http://imgur.com/wgENiib.jpg

We should ignore the trolls.

The opening posts allows suggested legislation on either continent - suggesting a ban on both is a valid suggestion.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #32 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 5:14pm

Dnarever wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 4:49pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 12:18pm:
Panther wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 11:50am:
|dev|null wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 11:22am:

No valid argument or meaningful contribution (I guess??) Hot_Breath is just a Troll.... http://imgur.com/MmJgF7o.gif         http://imgur.com/wgENiib.jpg

We should ignore the trolls.

The opening posts allows suggested legislation on either continent - suggesting a ban on both is a valid suggestion.

So, go for it.

HB has forfeited his right to me reading his trollish swill, so what he posts is his business...I just won't see a word.

From time to time I might secretly remove him from my personal ignore script to see if he's mended his trollish ways, & if he has I'll consider leaving him off my personal ignore, until then I can't see anything he posts unless someone quotes him. I've yet to resolve that little issue, but it's on my to do list. Wink

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Reply #33 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 5:31pm

Panther wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 4:43pm:
On the subject of Semi-Automatics, in America it might go this way:

http://i.imgur.com/PBz5EQO.jpg

Makes perfect sense, no?
  Wink

Obviously her kids didnt go to Columbine or Sandy hook,

The law locks up the man who steals the goose from the common, but leaves the greater criminal loose who steals the common from the goose (convict saying)

IP Logged

Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Reply #34 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 5:34pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 4:26pm:
Pho Huc wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 4:24pm:
Pho Huc wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 4:22pm:
[quote author=Eugene link=1439250768/22#22 date=1439273776]What's the Japanese record for Sarin gas murders?

I'm sure no place else in the world can equal it.

How's the suicide rate in Japan these days?

Even when they had plenty of guns the knife or the rope were the favourite methods.

Last year the average was 70 suicides per day in Japan.

The worst Sarin attack in recent times was in Iraq, Monsieur Hussein, against the Kurds.

12 people died in the Japanese sarin gas attack. Want me to list all the mass shooting in america with a death toll higher than that? irrelevant anyway.

Suicide rate is 50% higher than the US,  currently ranked 17th in world. Relevance.

RELEVANCE ?

Japan has very few guns so why is the suicide rate so high, if we listen to the hoplophobes banning guns is all you need to take care of the suicide problem.

I talking about murder rates, not suicide rates. getting rid of guns does reduce suicide mortality rates, but nowhere near as much as it effects murder rates,

The law locks up the man who steals the goose from the common, but leaves the greater criminal loose who steals the common from the goose (convict saying)

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 5:45pm

Pho Huc wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 5:34pm:
[quote author=Eugene link=1439250768/22#22 date=1439273776]What's the Japanese record for Sarin gas murders?

Even when they had plenty of guns the knife or the rope were the favourite methods.

The worst Sarin attack in recent times was in Iraq, Monsieur Hussein, against the Kurds.

12 people died in the Japanese sarin gas attack. Want me to list all the mass shooting in america with a death toll higher than that? irrelevant anyway.

Suicide rate is 50% higher than the US,  currently ranked 17th in world. Relevance.

RELEVANCE ?

Japan has very few guns so why is the suicide rate so high, if we listen to the hoplophobes banning guns is all you need to take care of the suicide problem.

I talking about murder rates, not suicide rates. getting rid of guns does reduce suicide mortality rates, but nowhere near as much as it effects murder rates,

If Japan got rid of the few guns they have how will that reduce their suicide rate?

Australia reduced firearm murder rates while increasing legal ownership of guns, in Australia more guns has resulted in less firearm crimes.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #36 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 6:31pm

RELEVANCE ?

It almost eliminates gun related accidents.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 6:41pm

Dnarever wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 6:31pm:

RELEVANCE ?

When you look at unintentional gun deaths (accidents) the numbers are fairly low.
2007- 4 deaths
2008 - 5
2009- 7
2010- 11
2011- 7
2012- 4
Those numbers are not just from hunters/target shooters it includes Police,security guards and Prison officers

Nearly 2000 people die every year from accidental falls

How many people die from rock fishing every year which is one of the more dangerous pastimes?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Reply #38 - Aug 11th, 2015 at 8:47pm

deleted due to a lack of ability to compose a cogent statement. long lloonngg day at work.
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2015 at 10:46pm by Pho Huc »  

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:13am

Panther wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 5:14pm:
HB has forfeited his right to me reading his trollish swill, so what he posts is his business...I just won't see a word.

Do you always declare those you disagree with as "trolls"?  I suspect so!  Makes your screen so much neater, hey?   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:15am

Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 5:45pm:
If Japan got rid of the few guns they have how will that reduce their suicide rate?

Japanese society is too high-pressure, which is why they have a relatively high suicide rate.

Quote:
Australia reduced firearm murder rates while increasing legal ownership of guns, in Australia more guns has resulted in less firearm crimes.

Different firearms Baron.  Different firearms.  No semi-automatic guns = no gun massacres.  Funny that.    Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #41 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 7:53pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 6:41pm:
Dnarever wrote on Aug 11th, 2015 at 6:31pm:

RELEVANCE ?

When you look at unintentional gun deaths (accidents) the numbers are fairly low.
2007- 4 deaths
2008 - 5
2009- 7
2010- 11
2011- 7
2012- 4
Those numbers are not just from hunters/target shooters it includes Police,security guards and Prison officers

Nearly 2000 people die every year from accidental falls

How many people die from rock fishing every year which is one of the more dangerous pastimes?

I would guess those are Australian numbers where guns are largely restricted.

IP Logged

Sir Eoin O Fada
Gold Member

Australian Politics

New England, NSW
Reply #42 - Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:29pm

"Different firearms Baron.  Different firearms.  No semi-automatic guns = no gun massacres.  Funny that.    Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin"

Funny that, as some bolt action rifles can be fired faster than some semi-automatics, its the rate at which the gun can be fired that matters not the type of mechanism.

I recently was timed firing 15 aimed shots (that all hit the target) in one minute from a single shot rifle; mind you, I had been practicing.

Self defence is a right.

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 12:34pm

Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:29pm:
"Different firearms Baron.  Different firearms.  No semi-automatic guns = no gun massacres.  Funny that.    Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin"

Funny that, as some bolt action rifles can be fired faster than some semi-automatics, its the rate at which the gun can be fired that matters not the type of mechanism.

I recently was timed firing 15 aimed shots (that all hit the target) in one minute from a single shot rifle; mind you, I had been practicing.

And how often have gun nuts who commit massacres spent the time and effort to practice?   They use semi-automatic rifles for a reason, cause they are light, easy and affordable.

Care to point out a gun massacre committed in Australia in the last ~20 years which was committed with a bolt action rifle?    Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

Pho Huc
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Victoria
Reply #44 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 3:03pm

|dev|null wrote on Aug 13th, 2015 at 12:34pm:
Sir Eoin O Fada wrote on Aug 12th, 2015 at 10:29pm:

And how often have gun nuts who commit massacres spent the time and effort to practice?   They use semi-automatic rifles for a reason, cause they are light, easy and affordable.

Care to point out a gun massacre committed in Australia in the last ~20 years which was committed with a bolt action rifle?    Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Have there been any mass shootings which didn't use self loaders?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print