Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Free trade a $9bn winning Deal... (Read 1242 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Free trade a $9bn winning Deal...
Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:11pm

Quote:
Free trade a $9bn winning formula for milk producer

IT MAY not yet have its own herd of cows but Camperdown Dairy International has already milked the China-Australia free-trade agreement for a $9 billion deal to supply powdered infant formula to the world’s most populous nation. 

The burgeoning dairy empire, which is in the process of buying grazing land and building factories, last week overcame its final hurdle to secure Chinese accreditation for its tinned formula, which buyers will be able to trace back to the farm with a swipe of their smartphones.

Camperdown, which has signed a 15-year deal worth $600 million a year, has been created by coalmining and construction entrepreneur Bill McDonald to trade-off Australia’s increasingly valuable reputation as a source of clean, safe food.

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Free trade a $9bn winning Deal...
Reply #1 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:12pm

excellent...  Smiley

but no doubt the scab unions and Labor will try and stop this success..  Angry

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:23pm

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:32pm

this is only just the start..

get on board or get left behind...

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #4 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:52pm

For whom?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:54pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:12pm:
excellent...  Smiley

Oh - I see - the simple reality is that if a specified company gains a massive input of cash - somehow that will flow down into higher wages and greater employment?

I think not...

The reality is that wages will stay the same in comparison to actual costs of living and will perpetually chase COL - and the cash will go into 'R & D' that will generate ways and means of employing fewer people for the same result.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:59pm

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:32pm:
this is only just the start..

get on board or get left behind...

I'd rather be left behind and left to my/our own devices - I'm certain that in that situation most would benefit more...

We need a new party and a new form of government... of the people, by the people, and for the people.

Jefferson Davis said the two worst things to happen to the South were the loss of the Civil War and the assassination of Lincoln.... Abie Baby advocated restoration and reconstruction of the South.... without Abe (a distant prick relative of mine according to the clan historian), the South was gutted by carpet baggers etc....

― John Adams

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #7 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 10:01pm

excellent...  Smiley

IP Logged

Its time
Gold Member

Boot libs out

Reply #8 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 10:50pm

Why dont you just call it a beef or milk tax, if the revenue generated costs you more at checkout isnt that just a cost of living increase , exactly how is that benefitting the aussie consumer ?

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 9:31am

President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:11pm:
Quote:

IT MAY not yet have its own herd of cows but Camperdown Dairy International has already milked the China-Australia free-trade agreement for a $9 billion deal to supply powdered infant formula to the world’s most populous nation. 

The burgeoning dairy empire, which is in the process of buying grazing land and building factories, last week overcame its final hurdle to secure Chinese accreditation for its tinned formula, which buyers will be able to trace back to the farm with a swipe of their smartphones.

Camperdown, which has signed a 15-year deal worth $600 million a year, has been created by coalmining and construction entrepreneur Bill McDonald to trade-off Australia’s increasingly valuable reputation as a source of clean, safe food.
You have an import business with China don't you Mechanic. This FTA with China has a lot of personal advantages for you is that right???

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 9:33am

Swagman wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 10:01pm:
excellent...  Smiley

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/timbo2530/SCAB%20UNIONS.jpg
You mean shooting you in the foot!!! And you shooting the country in the foot.  Greed will do that 

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #11 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 1:35pm

Mechanic, I've no doubt there will be winners out of these free trade agreements, but I do doubt it will be us.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #12 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 2:04pm

Swagman wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 10:01pm:
excellent...  Smiley

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b76/timbo2530/SCAB%20UNIONS.jpg

Swaggy is a foreign investor terrorist pretending he likes beer and kangaroos...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #13 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 2:09pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:54pm:
excellent...  Smiley

Oh - I see - the simple reality is that if a specified company gains a massive input of cash - somehow that will flow down into higher wages and greater employment?

I think not...

The reality is that wages will stay the same in comparison to actual costs of living and will perpetually chase COL - and the cash will go into 'R & D' that will generate ways and means of employing fewer people for the same result.

the mechanich is a foreign investor dog pretending to like beer and kangaroos: props maketh the scam artist whoeth buyeth up the internet address space like a developer who we all know hate their own flesh!

Developers, ....lol- nottttttttttt: their families are so full of bile toward each other for inexplicable reason... BIG FAKE SMILES ALL ROUND!!

YAY: WE ALL OWN OUR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD INTO POVERTY AND STILL SMILE  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 6:38pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 9:31am:
President Elect, The Mechanic wrote on Jul 27th, 2015 at 9:11pm:
Quote:

You have an import business with China don't you Mechanic. This FTA with China has a lot of personal advantages for you is that right???

with only one company...

the dollar at the moment doesn't help..

but this new business will create 100 jobs for the small farming town of Camperdown... it'll be great for them Smiley .. its a beautiful little town..

my own business creates employment as the stock I bring in doesn't get made in Australia..

so I pay the shipping company
pay brokers
pay costoms
pay local transport
pay my GST

I do my bit Smiley

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged