Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Oh Lookie! Muslims Are Human (Read 2016 times)
innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Oh Lookie! Muslims Are Human
Reply #15 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 10:08am

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 9:59am:
They were funny the first time FD but you're ever going to get rid of your day job you need to get some new material.

He's got some new material ... you!  Smiley

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #16 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 10:20am

innocentbystander. wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 9:03pm:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 4:09pm:
I'll never forget the sense of freedom I felt when I decided it was all BS

You have just replaced it with global warming evangelism.  Grin

Remember itsazoo.tv?  The monkey character who was addicted to video games, in the episode in which the test for the house was to not get into their addiction, turned to television evangelists as a substitute...

Jake the Pig..

Rico the South American crocodile...

https://vimeo.com/3073187

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 10:44am

innocentbystander. wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 10:08am:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 9:59am:
They were funny the first time FD but you're ever going to get rid of your day job you need to get some new material.

He's got some new material ... you!  Smiley
Actually No. We're all still fully occupied still laughing at you. Mountains of inexhaustible material there and you make it so easy  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 10:48am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 10:20am:
innocentbystander. wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 9:03pm:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 4:09pm:
I'll never forget the sense of freedom I felt when I decided it was all BS

You have just replaced it with global warming evangelism.  Grin

Remember itsazoo.tv?  The monkey character who was addicted to video games, in the episode in which the test for the house was to not get into their addiction, turned to television evangelists as a substitute...

Jake the Pig..

Rico the South American crocodile...

https://vimeo.com/3073187

So what are you saying Grap. Those cartoons are your source of information on Climate Change. Do you and bystander share the Popcorn? Let me guess. He likes more butter so it slips in easily

IP Logged

innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 1:23pm

Even no global warming isn't enough to convince you that there is no global warming  Grin

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 2:05pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 8:20pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 8:15pm:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 8:47am:
I'm not into religion but I can sympathise with these people. Reminds me of the same kind of cr@p I went through when I was a practicing catholic.

I have more sympathy for those who have to pretend to believe in something they don't agree with due to the death penalty and persecution for apostasy.

This lady is a champion for womens rights and one of the best critics of Islam,she was raised as a muslim in Syria.

As usual you miss the point. Being as fanatical as you are can make you blind like that. 

You missed the point.

Any comments on what Wafa Sultan says about Islam and why she speaks out about it or do you think only Christianity should be able to be criticised?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 8:59pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 2:05pm:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 8:20pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 26th, 2015 at 8:15pm:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 8:47am:
I'm not into religion but I can sympathise with these people. Reminds me of the same kind of cr@p I went through when I was a practicing catholic.

I have more sympathy for those who have to pretend to believe in something they don't agree with due to the death penalty and persecution for apostasy.

This lady is a champion for womens rights and one of the best critics of Islam,she was raised as a muslim in Syria.

As usual you miss the point. Being as fanatical as you are can make you blind like that. 

You missed the point.

Any comments on what Wafa Sultan says about Islam and why she speaks out about it or do you think only Christianity should be able to be criticised?

No silly. What I'm saying is that anything she has to say about islam is equally applicable (not more applicable, not less applicable but equally applicable) to christianity and religion generally. And not necessarily in specifics (I don't care that "most" christians no longer persecutes apostasy) but fundamentally they are the same. You want me to believe that Islam is worse and I'm telling you all religions are as bad as each other and that there was a time when chistianity ferociously persecuted apostasy and there is no reason to believe that in the future it would not return to doing so because that is the nature of religion. Follow!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 9:33pm

Do you not see a significant difference between the life and teachings of Jesus vs Muhammed?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 10:48pm

freediver wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 9:33pm:
Do you not see a significant difference between the life and teachings of Jesus vs Muhammed?
In detail, yes but not in kind and I'm not sure how that's relevant. The thing is what has grown up around them is religion which has been passed down through the ages and employed by religious people doing the kind of things that religious people do

IP Logged

MumboJumbo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 11:15pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 10:48pm:
In detail, yes but not in kind and I'm not sure how that's relevant. The thing is what has grown up around them is religion which has been passed down through the ages and employed by religious people doing the kind of things that religious people do

Haha. Excellent joke. Out of all of the major religions, I would have to say Muhammad is the worst of the leaders/figureheads. The best, imho, is Jesus. Buddha would be runner-up. Krishna is a bit mixed, but still well ahead of Muhammad. Muhammad would rank dead last. I'd even vote the capricious gods of the Greco-Roman religions over him.

See Profile For Update wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 2:58pm:
Why the bugger did I get stuck on a planet chalked full of imbeciles?

IP Logged

|dev|null
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 12:56pm

MumboJumbo wrote on Jul 28th, 2015 at 11:15pm:

Haha. Excellent joke. Out of all of the major religions, I would have to say Muhammad is the worst of the leaders/figureheads. The best, imho, is Jesus. Buddha would be runner-up. Krishna is a bit mixed, but still well ahead of Muhammad. Muhammad would rank dead last. I'd even vote the capricious gods of the Greco-Roman religions over him.

About the Judaic God, Yahweh?   He's a plenty mean dude, killing people by the million!   Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

"Pens and books are the weapons that defeat terrorism." - Malala Yousefzai, 2013.

"we will never ever solve violence while we grasp for overly simplistic solutions."
Freediver, 2007.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #26 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 6:53pm

Ah, so the teachings of Muhammed and Jesus are irrelevant to the religions of Islam and Christianity?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #27 - Jul 30th, 2015 at 7:36pm

Do you see any difference between any set of ideas in kind, even as they may differ in detail?

You sound like the cab driver in the Woody Allen movie, Anything Else:

Jerry Falk: I was just saying how strange life is, how it's full of inexplicable mystery.
Cab Driver: Well, you know, it's like anything else.

Christianity, Isam, atheism, Scientology, life, death, voodoo, cannibalism, nasty, kind - it's all like anything else.  Must not notice differences because noticing differences is discrimination - telling the difference. And that's bad. Distinguishing between peoples, customs, ideas is bad because it is discrimination.

So everything is like everything else. That's a safe place to be.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print