Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Dole Bludgers creating the Greatest Circus in Town (Read 494 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Dole Bludgers creating the Greatest Circus in Town
Jul 23rd, 2015 at 8:35pm

Grin Grin Grin

Words fail me.

What a laugh!

link

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Re: Dole Bludgers creating the Greatest Circus in Town
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 8:50pm

monthly appointments now?  That'll piss the bludgers off.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

It won't stop 'em claiming though.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 9:50am

There's nothing new about Abbott's 'initiatives' - it's just that Centrelink staff have been justifiably too afraid of violent repercussions to enforce the rules with some of their more aggressive 'clients' ... Muslim youths, et al.

I've personally witnessed a dole-bludger go batshit ape in a Centrelink office. Not a pretty sight. All those staff members are very exposed to violence during after-work hours.

The clampdown began on 1st July. They've all received letters by now demanding them to come into the office to have the Riot Act read out to them about getting a job. No more excuses. No more "Dog ate my Application Form". No more BS.

And Scott Morrison is now the Head Honcho of the Bludgers' Portfolio.  Grin Grin Grin

No more pretending to be blind. Oh hang on, that was Greece, wasn't it?  Cool Grin

I'd love to be a fly-on-the-wall at my local Centrelink.

« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2015 at 10:00am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #3 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 10:02am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 9:50am:
There's nothing new about Abbott's 'initiatives' - it's just that Centrelink staff have been justifiably too afraid of violent repercussions to enforce the rules with some of their more aggressive 'clients' ... Muslim youths, et al.

I've personally witnessed a dole-bludger go batshit ape in a Centrelink office. Not a pretty sight. All those staff members are very exposed to violence during after-work hours.

The clampdown began on 1st July. They've all received letters by now demanding them to come into the office to have the Riot Act read out to them about getting a job. No more excuses. No more "Dog ate my Application Form". No more BS.

And Scott Morrison is now the Head Honcho of the Bludgers' Portfolio.  Grin Grin Grin

No more pretending to be blind. Oh hang on, that was Greece, wasn't it?  Cool Grin

Well you seem toattend frequently, so you probably are a fly on the wall.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 10:25am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 8:35pm:
Grin Grin Grin

Words fail me.

What a laugh!

link

you are funny herb... there is nothing new about EXCUSES..

I remember one.. when I cop pulled a guy over for driving in the buses only lane....

Q/why were you driving  in the bus only lane sir..

A/ because I was going too fast for the other lane..

boom boom..

they are a hoot.. gawd you have no sense of humor..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 10:26am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 10:02am:

Well you seem toattend frequently, so you probably are a fly on the wall.

hahahah boom tish...  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 10:32am

I've personally witnessed a dole-bludger go batshit ape in a Centrelink office. Not a pretty sight.All those staff members are very exposed to violence during after-work hours.

WTF were you doing in a Centrelink office Herb?

Sounds to me like you ARE that fly on their wall. Wink

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 11:16am

cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 10:25am:
I remember one.. when a cop pulled a guy over for driving in the buses only lane....

True story.

My friend/workmate 'Yorgos' told me that he was driving his car with his wife one day when a Highway cop on a motorcycle came alongside him and signalled for him to stop on the side of the road.

"We're Greek and we don't speak English - okay?" He quickly told his wife.

The Aussie cop soon realised there was a 'communication problem' ... and then spoke into the microphone attached to his shoulder.

Five minutes later another motor-cycle cop arrived ....

"OOPAH!! Γεια σου φίλε μου!" ~~ Yes, he was Greek ...  Grin

One of the brake-lights wasn't working. No big deal.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #8 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 11:23am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 11:16am:
cods wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 10:25am:
I remember one.. when a cop pulled a guy over for driving in the buses only lane....

True story.

My friend/workmate 'Yorgos' told me that he was driving his car with his wife one day when a Highway cop on a motorcycle came alongside him and signalled for him to stop on the side of the road.

"We're Greek and we don't speak English - okay?" He quickly told his wife.

The Aussie cop soon realised there was a 'communication problem' ... and then spoke into the microphone attached to his shoulder.

Five minutes later another motor-cycle cop arrived ....

"OOPAH!! Γεια σου φίλε μου!" ~~ Yes, he was Greek ...  Grin

One of the brake-lights wasn't working. No big deal.

Herb...I reckon you love Greek people.

And, what's more, you're probably related to them through marriage.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 11:28am

Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 10:32am:

They have a whole wall of racks filled with brochures for the general public, and I go there from time to time to pick up the latest information on how best to screw the taxpayers for more money as an Aged Pensioner, and ... O Jesus, what am I saying?!  Embarrassed No! Just disregard this post, please. My Delete button isn't working because there's a power failure in my area, and ...  ...  Cool

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 11:30am

Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 11:23am:

I hate Greek people. All those mansions. All that money. All those smashed plates. All those empty Ouzo bottles.

And Nana Mouskouri never answered my love letters to her ... I would have had more luck with George Michael ...  Cool

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #11 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 12:11pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 11:30am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 11:23am:

I hate Greek people. All those mansions. All that money. All those smashed plates. All those empty Ouzo bottles.

And Nana Mouskouri never answered my love letters to her ... I would have had more luck with George Michael ...  Cool

Translation :

I love Greek people.

I wish I could be Greek.

I much prefer to be known as Lord Herbertopoulos.

Smiley

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 12:51pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 10:32am:

I've personally witnessed a dole-bludger go batshit ape in a Centrelink office. Not a pretty sight.All those staff members are very exposed to violence during after-work hours.

He was asking for a pay rise.....it's called collective bargaining.

Oops! I missed your post......lol!!! screw the govt. you're a man after my own heart Herbie, not that we'll ever screw them as much as they screw us.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 3:36pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 12:51pm:

Oops! I missed your post......lol!!! screw the govt. you're a man after my own heart Herbie, not that we'll ever screw them as much as they screw us.

As a 2-pack-a-day smoker for 60 years (I'm 71 now) - I paid a King's Ransom on Excise Duty and Customs tax on all those gaspers.

Add that up and I've paid for at least 20 years of my Age Pension just on that exorbitant tax alone - let alone my pay-packet tax. And during all those years I never once required an overnight stay in a hospital, or an ambulance. And then my father, mother, and both my brothers died of cancer years before reaching Aged Pension age.

Oh yes, I nearly forgot ~ the only time I started getting health problems was when I stopped drinking and stopped smoking 20 years ago.

There's a Message in there somewhere ...  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print