Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 6:12pm

Agree or disagree?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: What a bastard ...
Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 6:23pm

I wouldn't be surprised to find out this is some scam they've both concocted to make a claim on his friends building insurance, which covers public liability against visitors.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 6:55pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 6:12pm:
Agree or disagree?

he is suing their insurance company....thats why we have insurance....accidents do happen in people homes....

do you think all those people who fall from balconies don t sue??????....this guy has been dished out an awful future...whats he meant to do.???>..pretend it didnt happen because they are friends....the way this has been presented I find in very bad taste....

and I think he has every right.. and I bet you would do the same in the same circumstances... Angry Angry

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 7:08pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 6:11pm:

please post the article

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 8:09pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 6:23pm:
I wouldn't be surprised to find out this is some scam they've both concocted to make a claim on his friends building insurance, which covers public liability against visitors.

Building insurance? No.

He's stated that his 'friends' should have closed the window as they knew he was blind. But then, as a blind person, why would he have been moving so fast in an unfamiliar environment that he tipped himself right out of the 'window'. That must have been one hell of a low window.

It reminds me of how the law allows burglars to sue you if they should have an accident while they're on your property ...

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 8:10pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 7:08pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 6:11pm:

please post the article

"A blind Commonwealth Games rower and adventurer is suing his close friends for millions of pounds after falling out of a second floor window while trying to find the toilet.

Mark Pollock suffered a 'catastrophic spinal cord injury' when he plunged 25-feet on to a patio during the Henley Regatta, the High Court heard.

Mr Pollock, 39, from Dublin, lost his sight in 1998 at the age of 22, but went on to win bronze and silver medals at the 2002 Commonwealth Games later became the first blind man to reach the South Pole.

The motivational speaker is taking legal action against Enda and Madeline Cahill following the fall at their Henley home.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 8:17pm

cods wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 6:55pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 6:12pm:
Agree or disagree?

he is suing their insurance company....thats why we have insurance....accidents do happen in people homes....

Don't tell me you've actually read through the
small print
on your 102-page NRMA Insurance Policy Brochure?

You've got WAY too much time on your hands, codsey.

So far as I know my insurance doesn't cover blind people taking a swan-dive from the second floor because they didn't take all due care to negotiate themselves safely to the loo.

And this would cost his 'friends' a sh*t-load for defaulting on their 'No Claim Bonus'.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 8:20pm

cods wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 6:55pm:
do you think all those people who fall from balconies don t sue??????...

Correct - they don't sue, or if they do, they lose and find themselves having to pay all court expences.

The ones who DO sue are the ones who are the victims of collapsing balconies.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 9:16pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 8:09pm:
John Smith wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 6:23pm:

Building insurance? No.

He's stated that his 'friends' should have closed the window as they knew he was blind. But then, as a blind person, why would he have been moving so fast in an unfamiliar environment that he tipped himself right out of the 'window'. That must have been one hell of a low window.

It reminds me of how the law allows burglars to sue you if they should have an accident while they're on your property ...

yes building insurance .... you're building insurance is the policy that usually covers public liability. It certainly not your contents. You should read your policy sometime.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #10 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 9:30pm

Most insurers offer cover for public liability as part of a home and contents policy. This insurance protects you should somebody sue you for an injury sustained while visiting your home.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 9:42pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 9:30pm:
Most insurers offer cover for public liability as part of a home and contents policy. This insurance protects you should somebody sue you for an injury sustained while visiting your home.

Are you sure? I thought it was building not contents. Isn't that why landlords risk being sued if a tenants visitor falls.
If they were covered by contents insurance, they'd sue the tenants insurer instead.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #12 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 9:47pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 9:42pm:

Are you sure? I thought it was building not contents. Isn't that why landlords risk being sued if a tenants visitor falls.
If they were covered by contents insurance, they'd sue the tenants insurer instead.

John, both have public liability provisions.

How do I know?

I renew all our insurance policies...and I look at the fine print, not just the annual premium amt.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 9:49pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 9:47pm:

How do I know?

I renew all our insurance policies...and I look at the fine print, not just the annual premium amt.

whereas I just look at the amount and issue instructions to wifey dearest as to pay or bin .  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #14 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 10:20pm

John Smith wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 9:49pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 9:47pm:

How do I know?

whereas I just look at the amount and issue instructions to wifey dearest as to pay or bin .  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That's how Lisa knows John!  Grin

You two should have mentioned being an item!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print