Cheers NRA, (Read 96933 times)
Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Re: Cheers NRA,
Reply #675 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 4:44pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 1st, 2017 at 10:04am:

No worries mate.......President Trump is already on the case & will be signing a "Stop Gap" EO to make the 4th Circuit's ruling moot until the President's SCOTUS nominee is approved by the Senate, & then the Supreme Court can easily reverse the 4th Circuit's ruling permanently.

Source:      
Truth About Guns.com
     Quote:
The faulty Fourth Circuit decision issued last week upholding Maryland’s Scary Gun Ban runs afoul of good jurisprudence. The ruling found that Second Amendment protections don’t extend to individuals who wish to own certain semi-automatic rifles like the AR-15, calling them, “weapons that are most useful in military service.” However, a document sent to me yesterday offers hope of correcting that in the form of a proposed executive order to be issued by President Trump.

Virginia attorney Lenden Eakin sent me the text of the proposed order and gave permission to share it. I’d like run it past the Armed Intelligentsia here at TTAG to get your take.

The simple mechanism of attorney Eakin’s proposal: by defining certain categories of rifles for militia use, the President could strike state and local bans on many of the most popular “assault rifles” and their magazines.

Mr. Eakin also notes: “An Executive Order like this could have a significant impact on the litigation to challenge Assault Weapons Bans currently making its way through the Courts. It would help the challengers.”

UPDATE:  I neglected to note in the original story how this is meant to serve as a stop-gap measure.  Ideally, only until a more permanent remedy could be achieved.  Or alternatively, until the Supreme Court, with one or more President Trump appointees, could reverse that Fourth Circuit ruling and strike scary gun bans on the whole.

The AR15 is the most popular hunting rifle in America owned by an estimated 6,000,000+  gun owners.....Actually, no one really knows because they are not registered, no license is required, nor are any records of ownership or sales kept in any Federal Firearm database because in America such a database is illegal.

The 7 day period after the Orlando Massacre, over 30,000 AR15s were sold across America.  It's estimated that over 500,000 AR15s are sold every year to law abiding American gun owners.

Nullification (link):

Until resolved there's "Nullification", where law enforcement can ignore enforcing any Federal or State law they consider Unconstitutional.....which would apply to any law passed in the extremely near future based on this ruling, before the Supreme Court rules.....as it will.....that the 4th Circuit's ruling is Unconstitutional.....or it simply overrules it's decision.

« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2017 at 5:37pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #676 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 5:20pm

New Hampshire: Governor Sununu Signs Constitutional/Permitless Carry Bill Into Law!

Source:    
NRA-ILA
       Quote:
Today, in a private signing ceremony, Governor Chris Sununu signed Senate Bill 12 into law.  Similar legislation had been vetoed by former Governor Maggie Hassan for two years in a row, but thanks to your active involvement, law-abiding gun owners will now be able to carry their firearms without a required permit in the state of New Hampshire!  This law goes into effect immediately.  Please take the time to thank your state legislators for passing this important legislation and Governor Sununu for signing it into law. 

Sponsored by Senator Jeb Bradley (R-3), SB 12 will repeal the license requirement to carry a concealed pistol or revolver, unless a person is otherwise prohibited.  For those who choose to obtain licenses, SB 12 will also increase the length of time in which a license is valid from four years to five years.

In New Hampshire, existing state law recognizes the right of any citizen who can legally own and possess a firearm to carry it openly, either loaded or unloaded, anywhere in the state not prohibited by law.  However, if a firearm becomes covered by a coat or if a woman prefers to carry a firearm for protection in her purse, he or she would need a concealed carry handgun license.  The new law will extend permitless open carry to permitless concealed carry, allowing law-abiding gun owners to protect themselves and their loved ones in the manner that best suits their needs.

Constitutional Carry ... The only Concealed Carry permit required from now on is the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution, thanks to the hard work of the NRA & others!!!!

God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Cheers NRA-ILA
Reply #677 - Mar 18th, 2017 at 1:19pm

Decades after Firearm Confiscation,
Australia Announces New Amnesty Program

Source:      
NRA-ILA
       Quote:
In a tacit admission that criminals and scofflaws have had little trouble circumventing Australia’s National Firearms Agreement (NFA) and the government’s confiscation effort, Australian officials have set a date for another firearms amnesty program. The program is set to begin in July and last for three months. Despite offering no compensation for surrendered firearms, government officials hope that the plan will net 260,000 of an estimated 600,000 illegally possessed guns.

In 1996, following a high-profile shooting in Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia’s states and territories adopted the federal NFA. The agreement set up stringent licensing requirements to possess firearms, requiring license applicants provide a “genuine reason” for owning a firearm; the agreement made clear that personal protection was not a genuine reason. The measure also targeted several types of commonly-owned firearms, and included a near total ban on civilian ownership of semi-automatic rifles and semi-automatic and pump-action shotguns.

To coincide with the new restrictions, the government provided a firearms amnesty and compensation program. Through a massive public education campaign, gun owners were warned that they were required to turn their newly-prohibited firearms over to the government for a set price. Incorrectly called a “buy-back” by some U.S. politicians, as the NFA did not grandfather the possession of firearms owned prior to the new restrictions, the ban and amnesty amounted to gun confiscation.

In announcing the new federal amnesty program, Justice Minister Michael Keenan told the Sunday Mail, “This is the first Australia wide gun amnesty since 1996, when the Howard government took action following the devastation of the Port Arthur Massacre,” but acknowledged, “there have been state-based amnesties over that time.”

In fact, according to research conducted by University of Sydney Professor Philip Alpers, from 1987 to 2015, there were 41 (38 state and 3 federal) firearm amnesties of various durations in Australia. Alpers calculated the total number of firearms turned in to various authorities over this period at roughly 1.1 million.

Implementation of yet another amnesty is a broad acknowledgement of the futility of Australia’s gun control regime and amnesty programs. Further, more sophisticated analyses have also revealed the ineffectiveness of the country’s previous turn-in efforts.

In 2013, the U.S. Department of Justice’s National Institute of Justice reviewed the available research on Australia’s NFA firearm confiscation program and issued a memorandum that concluded that the effort had no effect on crime generally. In coming to this determination, the memorandum cited work from University of Maryland Professor Peter Reuter and Jenny Mouzos, aptly titled, “Australia: A Massive Buyback of Low-Risk Guns.” The NIJ memo made clear that the researchers “found no effect on crime.”

Given that turn-in programs do not reduce crime, some might wonder why Australia would once again embark on such a pointless endeavor. However, Keenan was kind enough to provide the Sunday Mail with the government’s rationale, explaining, “This is as much about giving a family a chance to get rid of an old heirloom as it is about getting rid of guns off our streets.”

With refreshing candor, the Australian government has admitted that its intent with the new amnesty is to disarm the otherwise law-abiding who are not in total compliance with Australia’s onerous gun control regime. This pursuit of unregistered heirlooms and family keepsakes will no doubt have an effect on violent crime similar to that of previous amnesties; none.

I wonder how deep the NRA will get into this eventual fray?

Stronger than ever the NRA seems to be signaling that it might be willing to flex it's muscles here!?

...  If true ...... Long overdue IMHO!!!    Wink

« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2017 at 2:00pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #678 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:08pm

Isnt that up to the Australian peoplew to tell those idiots to bugger off

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #679 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:14pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:08pm:

As long as no laws are broken, & free speech still reigns true, the NRA can do whatever they wish.....anywhere they wish to do it. 

The people are always free to voice their opinions under the same blanket of freedom & liberty, as you & I are doing. Wink

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #680 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:16pm

Panther wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:14pm:

As long as no laws are broken, & free speech still reigns true, the NRA can do whatever they wish.....anywhere they wish to do it.  Wink

Thats my point, I'm exercising my free speech to those porkchops to go back to their shithole of a country.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #681 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:21pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:16pm:

As long as no laws are broken, & free speech still reigns true, the NRA can do whatever they wish.....anywhere they wish to do it.  Wink

Thats my point, I'm exercising my free speech to those porkchops to go back to their shithole of a country.

And likewise I overwhelmingly welcome them, with open arms, to stay & do their work well.

BTW....they are an International Organization, with many Australian Members feeling the same as I.....some maybe more fervent than I.

So far.....a Mexican Standoff it seems!   Grin  ...

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #682 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:31pm

Panther wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:21pm:

And likewise I overwhelmingly welcome them, with open arms, to stay & do their work well.

BTW....they are an International Organization, with many Australian Members feeling the same as I.....some maybe more fervent than I.

So far.....a Mexican Standoff it seems!   Grin  http://www.s22.site88.net/smileys/lol015.gif

Not really, I'm fairly confident more citizens of this country think like me than you, since theres not a huge push to repeal any of the current gun control laws.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #683 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:39pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:31pm:

So far.....a Mexican Standoff it seems!   Grin  http://www.s22.site88.net/smileys/lol015.gif

Not really, I'm fairly confident more citizens of this country think like me than you, since theres not a huge push to repeal any of the current gun control laws.

Well, then you have nothing to fear from the NRA then, do you......Camelot will stay bright & cheery as you have always known it......

Even if the Adler A110 lever action, multi-shot shotgun is imported & sold freely again in Australia Wink

And the NRA didn't have anything to say about it except, "good on ya, mates" ...

« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:47pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #684 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:43pm

Panther wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:39pm:

Well, then you have nothing to fear from the NRA then, do you......Camelot will stay bright & cheery as you have always known it......

Even if the Adler lever action, multi-shot shotgun is imported & sold freely again in Australia Wink

And the NRA didn't have anything to say about it except, "good on ya, mates" http://www.s22.site88.net/smileys/chuckle002.gif

I'm worrited in the same way I'm worried if the KKK arrives

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #685 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:54pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:43pm:
Panther wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 2:39pm:

Even if the Adler lever action, multi-shot shotgun is imported & sold freely again in Australia Wink

And the NRA didn't have anything to say about it except, "good on ya, mates" http://www.s22.site88.net/smileys/chuckle002.gif

I'm worrited in the same way I'm worried if the KKK arrives

Both are already amongst us......for years, just under the radar that's all Wink

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #686 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 3:07pm

Yep knew trhere were extremist organisations here

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #687 - Mar 19th, 2017 at 3:18pm

« Last Edit: Mar 19th, 2017 at 3:25pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #688 - Mar 20th, 2017 at 6:48am

Panther wrote on Mar 19th, 2017 at 3:18pm:

Two winners in life if ever I've seen them.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #689 - Mar 22nd, 2017 at 5:27pm

U.S. House Passes NRA-Backed Bill to
Protect Second Amendment Rights of America’s Veterans

Source:      
NRA-ILA

Quote:
On Thursday, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R. 1181, the Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act, sponsored by Phil Roe, M.D. (R-TN), Chairman of the House Committee on Veterans Affairs. The bill now moves to the U.S. Senate.

H.R. 1181 in many respects mirrors a recently enacted resolution to repeal an Obama-era Social Security Administration (SSA) rule that sought to deprive certain SSA beneficiaries of their Second Amendment rights.

A federal statute prohibits firearm acquisition or possession by anyone who has been “adjudicated as a mental defective.” The statute, however, does not define the meaning of this term.

Like the SSA, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) interprets the phrase very broadly. It considers any VA beneficiary who is declared “incompetent” to manage his or her benefits and assigned a fiduciary for assistance to be a prohibited “mental defective.”

This is even broader and more arbitrary than the invalidated SSA rule. That rule at least excluded beneficiaries who were minors or of retirement age and applied only where the underlying condition that qualified the person for Disability benefits or Supplemental Security Income was itself a mental condition.

The VA’s practice, however, has no such limitations. It applies to all beneficiaries receiving benefits for any reason who are assigned a fiduciary. The VA’s position is that an admission or finding that a fiduciary is needed is tantamount to an “adjudication” that a person “lacks the mental capacity” to “manage his own affairs.” 

But in most cases, these decisions are summary bureaucratic actions. They very rarely involve a hearing, much less lawyers or judges. So calling them an “adjudication” is inaccurate.

It’s also false to claim that needing help with finances is the sort of “mental defectiveness” Congress intended would prevent a person from being eligible to exercise his or her Second Amendment rights.

Mental health experts warn that there is no connection between financial acumen and a person’s ability safely and responsibly to handle a firearm. That point was made again and again in the context of the debate on the SSA bill.

Thus, the same arguments against the SSA rule apply just as strongly, if not more so, against the VA’s regime.

In other words, the VA’s regime is unconstitutional; inconsistent with the underlying statute; unsupported by science or empirical evidence establishing any link between financial acumen and the ability to safely and responsibly handle firearms; and harmfully stigmatizing. It also serves as a deterrent for vulnerable people who need help and benefits from seeking them.

In addition to all that, it presents the bitter irony of being targeted directly at the very people who bore the cost for the freedoms that all Americans enjoy.

The Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act would correct these deficiencies by ensuring that no beneficiary could be reported to NICS as a prohibited “mental defective” unless a judicial authority (such as a judge or magistrate) first determined the person to be a danger to self or others.

That leaves options in the case of a person experiencing an acute episode of dangerous mental illness, while also ensuring that veterans are not arbitrarily denied their rights without due process of law.

Meanwhile, the media is whipping up the usual frenzy about Congress “giving guns” to the “mentally ill.”

Even the self-styed legal experts from The View got in on the act, going so far as to encourage their viewers to contact their congressional representatives to object. Their comments on the bill and its effects, unsurprisingly, were rife with misunderstanding and misinformation.

Due process, as well as Second Amendment rights, are fundamental liberties that all Americans enjoy. They are exactly the sorts of rights for which America’s veterans have sacrificed so much. The fact that the VA would infringe them in this manner is a national disgrace and one that is long past due for correction.

The NRA thanks Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI), Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), and Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA), as well as Chairman Roe, for their leadership in this critical effort.

The U.S. Senate should swiftly follow their lead and send the Veterans 2nd Amendment Protection Act to President Trump’s desk.

Mentally Ill doesn't necessarily mean Criminally Violent, or a Danger to Society

God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA
God Bless the
NRA