Pages: 1 2 3 ... 96
Send Topic Print
C.W.A. (Read 74984 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

C.W.A.
Jul 10th, 2015 at 10:38am

well girls I have decided to write a new book the first being so successful... I think you all deserve it..
it will be a book of Household Hints.. my specialty..and Relationship problems .. I also have a phd in those.. and Inventions...more about that at the next meeting..

I have one hint I must pass on to yous all... as this happened to me in the supermarket yesterday....

I was in aisle 5 I think it was at my local Woollies...sorting through the bandaid shelf..mainly looking for cheap pk of 12 without micky mouse on them.... they do not seem to sell those anymore.. pk of 12 I mean.. Angry

pk of 20.. $3.99 pk of 40 $4.99... who buys 40 bandaids?.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. anyway I came across a pack that claimed to be like a second skin.... I didnt check to see if they grow hair.. but you never know...anyway.. thought ok cods.. live dangerously and threw the pkt in the trolley.[.they were $4.99 for 20.]

the next thing this man comes up grabs the pkt and says dont buy them they are rubbish he then goes on to say they catch on all your clothing and pull your tops like sticky tape....lol...  I know its true he did.. he went on and on.. so I quietly put them back and bought the 20 pk basic....they were the J&J ones...so dont buy them girls you have been warned...unless you wish to wear your jumpers on your sore finger that is.... might start a trend...

anyway I thought I would pass that treasure on..
it will appear in my new book of course even though its pinched.....he didnt give me his name so cant give him the credit.. Roll Eyes

see you at the next meeting..

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Re: C.W.A.
Reply #1 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 9:49pm

I just love tips about consumerism and the like- thanks for passing that on btw- who buys packs of 40 you ask- I had band aids in the cupboard all the time- my kids used to make up stories  about needing a band aid all the time, but they didnt of course- just liked to get a band aid to show of to each other.

I want to see this book in print, I think it will be a real hoot- got a title in mind? We must brainstorm a title if you haven't already got one.  I will have a think on it.
You never know who you meet in supermarkets- something about food brings pp together I think.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2015 at 9:56pm

cods wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 10:38am:
well girls I have decided to write a new book the first being so successful... I think you all deserve it..
it will be a book of Household Hints.. my specialty..and Relationship problems .. I also have a phd in those.. and Inventions...more about that at the next meeting..

I have one hint I must pass on to yous all... as this happened to me in the supermarket yesterday....

I was in aisle 5 I think it was at my local Woollies...sorting through the bandaid shelf..mainly looking for cheap pk of 12 without micky mouse on them.... they do not seem to sell those anymore.. pk of 12 I mean.. Angry

pk of 20.. $3.99 pk of 40 $4.99... who buys 40 bandaids?.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. anyway I came across a pack that claimed to be like a second skin.... I didnt check to see if they grow hair.. but you never know...anyway.. thought ok cods.. live dangerously and threw the pkt in the trolley.[.they were $4.99 for 20.]

the next thing this man comes up grabs the pkt and says dont buy them they are rubbish he then goes on to say they catch on all your clothing and pull your tops like sticky tape....lol...  I know its true he did.. he went on and on.. so I quietly put them back and bought the 20 pk basic....they were the J&J ones...so dont buy them girls you have been warned...unless you wish to wear your jumpers on your sore finger that is.... might start a trend...

it will appear in my new book of course even though its pinched.....he didnt give me his name so cant give him the credit.. Roll Eyes

Was that you cods?

Oh poo!

Can u believe this, we met in the Supermarket!

I thought you looked familiar, maybe i had too many schooners on our last trip on the Harley!

Can u believe it!!

OMG   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 7:47am

Oh dear me....a chance meeting in aisle 5, well I never...I can't believe he just come onto your bandaids like that cods, but it ended well so......

It's really hard to find good bandaids these days, let us know how you went cods.

I buy the cheap ones from the dollar shop for the grand kids, like you said AG, they've always got invisible injuries.

The roll is best, you know where you cut it to size, always sticks better and lasts for ages.......if you don't cut yourself  Wink

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 7:53am

Redmond Neck wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 9:56pm:
cods wrote on Jul 10th, 2015 at 10:38am:

Was that you cods?

Oh poo!

Can u believe this, we met in the Supermarket!

I thought you looked familiar, maybe i had too many schooners on our last trip on the Harley!

Can u believe it!!

OMG   Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

look I thought it was Channing Tatum at first..now your telling me it was YOU... ..my life has changed...I didnt know we had super studs in ACT....

I am going to be chasing all over every shop in town now....launching myself at all the hunks... for their autograph you understand.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I will wear my cut outs next week...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 8:01am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jul 11th, 2015 at 7:47am:
Oh dear me....a chance meeting in aisle 5, well I never...I can't believe he just come onto your bandaids like that cods, but it ended well so......

It's really hard to find good bandaids these days, let us know how you went cods.

I buy the cheap ones from the dollar shop for the grand kids, like you said AG, they've always got invisible injuries.

The roll is best, you know where you cut it to size, always sticks better and lasts for ages.......if you don't cut yourself  Wink

I know I should have asked him for a demonstration....

if only I had known....

see pays to shop woollies you dont have chance meets in Aldi..

well as a single girl.....I do find the thought of having 40 bandaids...a bit of a worry... will i live long enough to get my worth out of them...

of course I could use two or three but I find I already struggle to get one off.. Grin Grin Grin Grin

in fact these newies I have bought I had to get the scissors on to it.. OMG am I getting weaker as well...

my grandies are all a bit big now and wouldnt be caught dead wearing a bandaid...OMG..

red has got me all excited now.. instead of spending hours in the cat food aisle....I will now race up and down every aisle...searching out that magic moment...I missed out on in aisle 5....we could have had a selfie...

I mean how many magic moments do we get once we turn 45 pansi...... Cry Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 12:14pm

My smart phone is not smart enough to take selfies but apparently it's uncool these days....anyway it's still good fun to turn it round the other way and hope for the best, I get some strange shots and some strange looks......that doesn't bother us CWA ladies, we left embarrassment behind, way back then....and dignity, I said as I fell off the longboat.......

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 12:38pm

cods wrote on Jul 11th, 2015 at 7:53am:

Wear your cutouts eh, is that clothes with bits cut out or those jeans with holes already in the knees when you buy them?

Well cods I thought that top you were wearing the other day was a bit risque, I had trouble concentrating on your band aids!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 1:05pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Jul 11th, 2015 at 12:38pm:
cods wrote on Jul 11th, 2015 at 7:53am:

Wear your cutouts eh, is that clothes with bits cut out or those jeans with holes already in the knees when you buy them?

Well cods I thought that top you were wearing the other day was a bit risque, I had trouble concentrating on your band aids!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

well the cut out on my jeans are ones I made myself...but if you hang on to them long enough they always fit in in some fashion...like that lime green top with the orange piping  I love wearing..its got a touch of the 70s about it which are coming back so dont knock it..

do you still have your fav flairs red????>.. Wink Wink

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #9 - Jul 11th, 2015 at 3:09pm

cods wrote on Jul 11th, 2015 at 1:05pm:
do you still have your fav flairs red??

No long gone, my clothes now are flaired at the waist mostly.   Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

gladys

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 4:33am

Oh cods, the corn on my left foot hurts so bad I can't put on my dancing shoes!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 8:21am

gladys wrote on Jul 13th, 2015 at 4:33am:
Oh cods, the corn on my left foot hurts so bad I can't put on my dancing shoes!

I warned you about those platforms you insist on wearing even with your skinnies.... they are doing terrible things to the female body.. history will prove me right you will see..

try cutting a hole in the shoe where the corn is...why dont you buy a copy of my book for goodness sake..its all in there

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 5:54pm

cods wrote on Jul 11th, 2015 at 8:01am:
I mean how many magic moments do we get once we turn 45 pansi...... Cry Cry Cry Cry

I thought I was having one.

A magic moment, I mean.

Hubby said he was going to the Newsagent to get some stamps. He was gone for two hours, my goodness I thought he'd been taken in for wearing hoody in the shop.

He's looking ever so smug when he finally gets back, hands behind back.

I said.....what have you been up to, you look like the cat that ate the cream.

I'm thinking to myself, no, no surely he wouldn't have gone out and bought a JEEP.....I've been bugging him for ever so long, discussing colours and how wonderful it would be to be the only one in the street with a JEEP.

He dangles a set of keys in my face....I screamed with joy and jumped him with the biggest hugs and kisses.

I could tell he was pleased with my reaction, he had that I'm scoring tonight look on his face.

He said I'll have to go to the car wash more often.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jul 13th, 2015 at 6:16pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jul 13th, 2015 at 5:54pm:
cods wrote on Jul 11th, 2015 at 8:01am:

I thought I was having one.

A magic moment, I mean.

Hubby said he was going to the Newsagent to get some stamps. He was gone for two hours, my goodness I thought he'd been taken in for wearing hoody in the shop.

He's looking ever so smug when he finally gets back, hands behind back.

I said.....what have you been up to, you look like the cat that ate the cream.

I'm thinking to myself, no, no surely he wouldn't have gone out and bought a JEEP.....I've been bugging him for ever so long, discussing colours and how wonderful it would be to be the only one in the street with a JEEP.

He dangles a set of keys in my face....I screamed with joy and jumped him with the biggest hugs and kisses.

I could tell he was pleased with my reaction, he had that I'm scoring tonight look on his face.

He said I'll have to go to the car wash more often.

you mean it was he that looked cleaner and not the car...

I know where you are coming from pansi.. as they age they smell worse..[try checking the feet]..there is a cure in my book...

anyway what will you do in  a Jeep that you cant do in the Datson...oh wait a minute I am forgetting about the arthritis..... ok...

my dream of Brad Pitt is better than a jeep I reckon....

each time I have it [the dream] it gets hotter... in fact last night I woke in a frenzy ripping the doona off the bed...not sure what I planned to do with it.... but tonight I may find out... Smiley Smiley

bugger the jeep pansi its far too cold.

IP Logged

gladys

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jul 14th, 2015 at 7:49am

Cut a hole in my shoe cods?  But these aren't just any old shoes - these are my DANCING shoes!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 96
Send Topic Print