Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Is It Is The Blight on mind altering substances?

Yes    
  0 (0.0%)
No    
  1 (25.0%)
No he's just a dickhead    
  3 (75.0%)

Total votes: 4
« Created by: barryfromthebush on: Oct 13th, 2019 at 6:04pm »

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 60
Send Topic Print
Flat Earth (Read 94608 times)
SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Re: Flat Earth
Reply #450 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 7:39am

Jasin wrote on Jun 28th, 2017 at 9:55pm:
There are some who just go round and round

and there are other who follow 'The Straight Way'.
A lot of civilisations and cultures have their own versions of it as well.

And you could argue, philosophically in those contexts that the earth is flat for the sake of simplicity, but in the natural world, the physical one, it is just preposterous for anyone in this day and age to suggest such things especially when like Shaq, they have no evidence to support it.

The idea that because it looked flat to him from a certain height, therefore the entire planet is a disk not a sphere is just like saying "Look in the sky, a UFO, an "unidentified" flying object, therefore it must be aliens!" forgetting that in the name it's clearly stated that it's "unidentified".  That means you don't know what it is, not that it's aliens.

It's the same thing here.  There is a glaring lack of evidence to prove the earth is flat, but because from the vantage point of the flat earther it "looks" flat, this doesn't mean "therefore it is flat".

Argument out of ignorance is a massive problem these days only fuelled by those too stupid to see they're doing it congregating on the Internet with other link minded people mistaking them into thinking they are correct in their assumptions.  The burden of proof has been largely lost on the masses thanks to the Internet.

There are vast areas of science and understanding that they are simply devoid of and they make giant logic leaps to reach the conclusions they want.

Flat Earth, Vaccines, Contrails, UFO's, Moon landings etc conspiracy theories, all of them and many more are just the products of people who yearn for self importance, the idea that they've gleamed some hidden truth and out of their lack of understanding and knowledge gaps they manufacture these webs of factually inaccurate yet self fulfilling explanations to support their "hidden truth" and cling to them with all their might. 

No amount of reasonable debate can counter them because they don't care about the facts unless they support their point of view or cast doubt the real answers (which as part of the scientific process can happen as things are refined and better understood and explained).

There are some far more guilty of this way of "thinking" than others on here.  They'll try every trick in the book to avoid admitting they may have been mistaken or caught in a deliberate lie to push their point of view.

It follows the same path, ignore those who question you, deflect away from their questions, attack them, when they retaliate or defend themselves claim to be the innocent victim of their attack and finally post and repost as much as possible when you can't hide from their questions any longer to bury the posts (this is more of an online thing).

None of these things help their argument and only weaken it as the end result is the same, they've been unable to provide the facts and evidence require to prosecute their case.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #451 - Jun 29th, 2017 at 7:51pm

You're obviously an absolutist Sad Kangaroo.
Nothing wrong with that.
But your need for 'only one right answer' is your flaw.

The Flat Earth or Straight Way belief is much akin to the Judaistic approach of 'Exiling' itself from the natural world as it is (The 'Fall' from the Garden).
Christianity is 'in' the Garden as is.
Mohommedism is the 'Rise' back into the Garden from exile.

So when I say the Earth is Flat - it is for a very good reason and governs how one lives one's life.
To me, the Earth will always be Flat and Straight.
Even in Buddhism - the 'Round' Earth is much like the endless Circle of Addiction and Reincarnation.
But for me - I don't believe in the continual 'return' of existence.
It's hard to explain and I wish I could clarify it more or better for you.
But only a few months ago, my Indonesian co-worker was perplexed that I believed that the Earth was Flat.

Sure, I understand that to many (like Scientists) - the Earth is NOT the centre of the Universe, but to me and many - the Earth IS the centre of OUR universe.

I believe, like you that the Earth is truly 'round' (sphere, etc) - but I also believe that it truly 'Flat' as well.
...and this is why.
Accept both and you will truly understand what it means to know that there can be more than just 'one' right answer and that everything doesn't have to be black OR white.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #452 - Jul 3rd, 2017 at 2:31am

Welcome The Southern Stars To The Flat Earth

Published on Jul 2, 2017
This is a brand new find so it needs a lot more research and eyes but finally a demonstrable way of showing and easily explaining the southern stars on the flat earth. Get yourself a dome magnifier and a laser pointer and you'll see... there is a bunch to discover here. Thanks for watching

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #453 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 3:58am

Raven does not understand the flat earth movement.

All the planets and stars are round but Earth is flat?

To paraphrase: Raven has seen the shadow of the Earth on the moon. And he trusts a shadow more than the flat earth society.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #454 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 11:46am

Raven wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 3:58am:

To paraphrase: Raven has seen the shadow of the Earth on the moon. And he trusts a shadow more than the flat earth society.

all the balls on the pooltable are spheres

and yet the pooltable is flat

and just to reiterate , observing the math

the globe earth theory , and it is a theory

does not stack nor does it add up

food to ponder with thought

namaste

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #455 - Jul 8th, 2017 at 1:06pm

it_is_the_light wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 11:46am:
Raven wrote on Jul 8th, 2017 at 3:58am:

all the balls on the pooltable are spheres

and yet the pooltable is flat

and just to reiterate , observing the math

the globe earth theory , and it is a theory

does not stack nor does it add up

food to ponder with thought

namaste

Light, you've shown no math though.  You just claim it's wrong.  That's not how it works.  And the shape of the earth is not a theory, it's provable fact.  You're just being silly and trying to sound smarter, a lot smarter, than you actually are.

You're applying a 2 dimensional analogy to 3 dimensional space.  You may consider it food for thought, but it only highlights the enormous lack of understanding you have on the subject.  Or the boundless lengths you'll go to in order to be the most annoying troll on these boards.

But if you want to disprove gravity, if you want to disprove the motion of the satellites around the earth, planets in the solar system and the very stars themselves in the sky, then by all means, please post the math you've used if you're so certain the current models don't add up.

If you think you can one up the well established laws of physics then please, go ahead.  But for once don't you think it's worth looking inward?  You're claiming hundreds of years of mathematical and physical understanding is wrong and you're opinion is correct?  You don't see an incredible audacity to such a claim?

Perhaps you should be trying to prove your own claims rather than disproving others that you don't even understand?  Are you even aware of what you don't understand?

That is your biggest weakness.  You're willfully ignorant to how ignorant you actually are.  I have no compassion for that special kind of stupid.

JaSin, I've been wondering about the best way to respond to your post and picture above. The idea of 2d analogies on the mind thanks to Nutbar McGee here, it made me think that yes, on those individual axis the shadows cast show a certain shape, but it's nothing more than only a simple part of the puzzle. 

You may take each shadow as being "true" but if you only look at one shadow you will never know the truth.  This I believe is the point of the picture. 

For anyone, like Light, who refuses to look at both shadows (in this analogy) I have no hesitation in calling them out without any remorse.  I don't have to respect their point of view or their stupidity, especially if they make outrageous claims based on their flawed and limited understanding AFTER showing they don't even acknowledge all of the facts on the table.

It seems to be the MO of the conspiracy nut.

It's not that I'm an "absolutist", it's more than I take all the information available rather than cherry picking results out of context and ignoring all other contributing and relevant information when reaching a conclusion.

I've seen the curvature of the earth with my own eyes.  The last time was on a flight to Sydney from the Gold Coast.  I waited for the flight tracker to show the altitude and the moment we were above 35,000 ft I was lucky enough to be on the window and there was not a cloud in the sky.  You can see it very easily with your own eyes.

I'll even try and get a photo next time, that is, if the chemtrails aren't blocking my view /facepalm!

If you take both shadows then yes, they are "true" but together they tell the story about the origin of the shape.  Your picture may explain why some people think they're onto the truth but it really only proves how and why they're wrong.

We've seen the shadow the Earth casts on the Moon, BUT, with the explanation of how we have the seasons and the rotation of the Sun in the sky as told by a flat earther, it is impossible under those circumstances for the sun to cause the earth to cast a shadow on the mood.

So we either can't have the seasons, or the earth's shadow cannot ever be cast on the moon, but both of these are a reality.  The problem is if you take both sets of information they contradict one another.  It's similar but different to your two shadow, true and truth idea.

It may be true that each of those shadows exist, but when the observers reaches a conclusion from a single shadow that is not supported by the sum of all the available evidence they are simply wrong, no matter how "true" the shadow is, they're still wrong.

Perspective, philosophy, thought experiments, these are all great, but when they're wrong, such as flat earthers, they're still wrong.

The fact that people will openly admit to believing in Noah's Ark but question the moon landings or claim the earth is flat just makes me a sad kangaroo, especially in 2017 for flaps sake...

« Last Edit: Jul 8th, 2017 at 1:15pm by SadKangaroo »  

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #456 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 11:27am

Quote:
You're applying a 2 dimensional analogy to 3 dimensional space.

you limit yourself to a 3rd dimensional existence and paradigm

yet you exist on many more levels than 3 dimensions and there is your truth you continue to deny

yes many abuse people bringing new evidence and fact

einstien was constantly attacked as well by certain people ..

see if you can name any of them ..

we continue whilst you ponder

They Fake Our Reality Because We Let Reality Be Faked

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #457 - Jul 9th, 2017 at 10:23pm

Roll Eyes

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #458 - Jul 16th, 2017 at 4:18pm

Flat Earth Bathurst Lighthouse Obscurity - Questions for Wolfie6020

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #459 - Jul 18th, 2017 at 8:33am

Testing Flattards - Part 1

Part one in a series taking a wry look at the idiotic belief that the Earth is flat, and how that stacks up against reality. This part takes a look at some fundamental geometric problems with flattards' favourite "map", an Azimuthal Equidistant Projection.

I dare say this will be ignored by certain people on here but in the off chance they're not hypocritically closed minded they may learn something.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #460 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 1:10pm

Hey NASA! Why Isn't There A Camera On The Moon Filming Earth?

IP Logged

SadKangaroo

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #461 - Aug 23rd, 2017 at 10:01pm

it_is_the_light wrote on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 1:10pm:

I assume you're intimating that it's because the earth is flat and NASA are part of the conspiracy to hide it?

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #462 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 9:26am

SadKangaroo wrote on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 10:01pm:
it_is_the_light wrote on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 1:10pm:

I assume you're intimating that it's because the earth is flat and NASA are part of the conspiracy to hide it?

NASA - More proof of their lies and deceit. How deep is this rabbit hole?

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #463 - Aug 26th, 2017 at 8:55pm

EOCENTRISM PTOLEMY VS HELIOCENTRISM COPERNICUS BY SANTOS BONACCI 20 Aug 2017!!! 2 of 5

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #464 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 8:10am

Stationary - Horizontal - Terrestrial - Plane - Earth truth on the TruthSeekah

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 60
Send Topic Print