Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I want to buy one of those Air Blades for home ... (Read 445 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

I want to buy one of those Air Blades for home ...
Jul 4th, 2015 at 12:58pm

link

Just sayin'

How the Dyson Airblade Works:

Dirty washroom air is sucked in by the Dyson digital motor.
    It passes through a HEPA filter, removing over 99.9% of the bacteria from the air used to dry your hands.
    The clean air passes over the electronics, cooling them.
    The air then reaches the motor, which channels it up and through the machine.
    Air passes into the air ducts, which are insulated to reduce noise.
    It’s then forced through two apertures – creating sheets of air traveling at 400mph, which literally scrape water from hands.

*For the cost of just one paper towel, the Dyson Airblade™ hand dryer can dry up to 22 pairs of hands.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: I want to buy one of those Air Blades for home ...
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 1:38pm

how do you keep the motor working herb...you can only ride that bike outside one building at a time...

my goodness a new industry....well done herb...I new all those air machines wouldnt be using any form of fosil fuel..

unless....nahhhhhhhhhhhh... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 2:19pm

They're awesome. The first time I used one I thought it was going to suck the skin clean off my hands, they're noisy though.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 3:01pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 2:19pm:
They're awesome. The first time I used one I thought it was going to suck the skin clean off my hands, they're noisy though.

its a shame you can only fit your hands in.. I would bring the washing in to be dried if they were bigger  maybe have a  word with herb...

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 3:32pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 12:58pm:
link

Just sayin'

How the Dyson Airblade Works:

Dirty washroom air is sucked in by the Dyson digital motor.
    It passes through a HEPA filter, removing over 99.9% of the bacteria from the air used to dry your hands.
    The clean air passes over the electronics, cooling them.
    The air then reaches the motor, which channels it up and through the machine.
    Air passes into the air ducts, which are insulated to reduce noise.
    It’s then forced through two apertures – creating sheets of air traveling at 400mph, which literally scrape water from hands.

*For the cost of just one paper towel, the Dyson Airblade™ hand dryer can dry up to 22 pairs of hands.

For a cost of $2000 you can buy a lot of paper towel Herb

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DYSON-Airblade-Handetrockner-AB-07-weiss-S40162-/1914...

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 6:35pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 2:19pm:

They sure are awesome.

In the Mens Toilets at the Shopping Mall they blow us men at 400mph. There's always a queue there waiting to drop their pants and ...

OMG ... what am I SAYING?!

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 6:42pm

Needless to say, there is a slight design fault that will no doubt be corrected in future editions.

The air-jets are currently positioned to exit the inner-sides at 90degs to the vertical, whereas they should be positioned to exit the sides at a slightly downward angle so that when you draw your hands up through the machine it blows the water down-and-off.

If you know wot I mean.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 6:42pm

These are everywhere in Europe.

I first saw them at Dubai airport.

They're great.

I'm always tempted to drop something else in there, besides my hands.

« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2015 at 10:23pm by greggerypeccary »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Jul 4th, 2015 at 10:19pm

Do you use a paper towel dispenser at home Herb?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 5:58am

freediver wrote on Jul 4th, 2015 at 10:19pm:
Do you use a paper towel dispenser at home Herb?

The cost would be prohibitive.

I don't - but funny you should ask. It was only yesterday that I thought about doing this, and that's because my hand-drying towel is always damp where I dry my hands on it.

Damp towels are a perfect breeding ground for germs. They are perfect material for acting as a crucible for growing germs.

After my open-heart surgery there's now a vital part of my ticker that has no immunity to infection at all, and that's because its an organic artificial implant without an internal blood-flow to deliver the anti-bodies.

That's why I have to visit dentists at least every 12 months to have my dental plaque, tartar, and calculus mini-jack-hammered so I don't swallow any infected detritus that would deliver germs into my blood stream that would find a home in my artificial Aortic valve.

I could always rip one of these $2000 400mph blow-job machines off the toilet wall down at my local Shopping Mall, but ....  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 7:12am

Paper towel is the better way to dry your hands apart from that super powered hand dryer.

You are right Herb, germs multiply on damp hands. Those old outdated hand dryers are useless, you have to stand there for five minutes to get your hands really dry.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 9:11am

Quote:
After my open-heart surgery there's now a vital part of my ticker that has no immunity to infection at all, and that's because its an organic artificial implant without an internal blood-flow to deliver the anti-bodies.

Inorganic things tend not to be susceptible to infection.

Quote:
That's why I have to visit dentists at least every 12 months

I am in good health, never had a filling, and the dentist tells me I need to come every 6 months. I think it was 5 or 10 years between the last lot of visits.

Quote:
so I don't swallow any infected detritus that would deliver germs into my blood stream

I think someone has been giving you the over-simplified version. It is the infections in your gums that the doctors are worried about. They have direct access to your bloodstream right there. Swallowing would kill the germs. But you are right that dental health is an underappreciated load on your immune system.

Just buy a few more hand towels so you only use them for a short time. Or hang two so you can swap and let them dry out. You might need that $2000.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 10:05am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jul 5th, 2015 at 7:12am:
Paper towel is the better way to dry your hands apart from that super powered hand dryer.

You are right Herb, germs multiply on damp hands. Those old outdated hand dryers are useless, you have to stand there for five minutes to get your hands really dry.

Isn't that so true. They were/are bloody useless. And - Murphy's Law - there was ALWAYS someone waiting impatiently for you to finish with the dryer.

I do have an anti-bacterial lotion pump-bottle on the wash basin, with a push-button liquid soap dispenser screwed to the wall - but then after cleaning my hands I then dry them with a damp towel which puts all the germs back on again.

I never really appreciated the lethal threat that ordinary air-borne germs pose until I was put through a series of cleansing processes before I was finally rolled into the operating theatre to be chain-sawed down the middle of my chest and clamped open like an unzipped briefcase.

I had to shower for a week with a special germicidal soap that killed the micro-bugs.

Then at the hospital they came and shaved all the hairs above my crotch .. after which I had to have another germicidal scrub-down and shower.

It's infection that is the big fear with heart operations.

And then after the operation a little guy comes and gives you a careful germicidal sponging as you lie naked on the gurney. Then everybody has to wash their hands in a germicidal lotion before even entering the ward.

Germs is what it's all about.

You can't hear them, see them, or smell them ... but They're watching you. Biding their time ... waiting for you or the doctors to make a mistake ...
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2015 at 10:33am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 10:29am

freediver wrote on Jul 5th, 2015 at 9:11am:
Quote:

Inorganic things tend not to be susceptible to infection.

Copy that. But I chose an organic valve - not a mechanical one which would have seen me having to take Warfarin every day for the rest of my life. Warfarin has a lousy reputation.

I am in good health, never had a filling, and the dentist tells me I need to come every 6 months. I think it was 5 or 10 years between the last lot of visits.

Before my heart op I hadn't seen a dentist for .....
waaaaaaaait for it
30 years
. Okay - just ONCE recently to complain about sensitivity to cold water when I rinse after brushing my teeth.

Decades ago a good dentist explained to me why my teeth are so good:

1) Heavy smoker - the nicotine kills the germs and coats the teeth against decay.

2) Lucky genetics.

3) My mother had all three of us boys plugged up with fillings at the very earliest age whenever a tooth-ache occurred.

I'm 72 this year, and I have all of my teeth except one gap that's out of sight when I say 'cheeeese'.

I think someone has been giving you the over-simplified version. It is the infections in your gums that the doctors are worried about. They have direct access to your bloodstream right there. Swallowing would kill the germs. But you are right that dental health is an underappreciated load on your immune system.

Ah ... and there's the rub. I can't gargle anything with alcohol in it, no matter how diluted, and that's because like my deceased brother, father and mother my genes are primed-and-cocked to develop 'Head and Neck' cancer if alcohol passes over my gums, tongue, or throat.

Just yesterday I gave a new tube of toothpaste to my neighbour when (with a magnifying glass) I discovered the Oral-B toothpaste contained alcohol.

Look up Dr Chris O'Brien - he's the one who told my non-smoker brother that it was nothing more than the couple of beers per week he drank at his local club that had kick-started cancer cells from developing in his gums.

Just buy a few more hand towels so you only use them for a short time. Or hang two so you can swap and let them dry out. You might need that $2000.

I think I might go for the rolls of paper towels that I have in the kitchen. Chuck them in a plastic bin and empty it once a week.

PS. Dr Chris O'Brien died of brain cancer less than three years after my brother died.
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2015 at 10:36am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print