greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australia in 20 years
Reply #45 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 8:19pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 8:14pm:
Marla wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 12:10pm:
He looks really creepy there.

You should see his Opposition number. Frankenstein's monster without the bolt.

IP Logged

Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 8:42pm

Islam worldwide will be even more aggressive and the world even more balkanised.  The EU will have reinstated border controls and built fences against country shoppers.  Brazil will be a world power.  Africa the new low wage centre. China would be having issues with demands for federalism and its aging population, the one child policy came back to curse them.

Australia will be a republic, many areas will be muslim enclaves and no go areas with regular riots.  Like the rest of the world security will be all pervading. We are still trundling along, resources are still required and we are still selling but government services have been rationalised and scaled back.  The GST is now 13%.

Many areas are shitholes with poor infrastructure.  Serviced and fenced suburbs are the norm for the higher wage earners.  We still don't have a fast rail or second airport but Sydney airport is much more efficient.

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 9:15pm

Australia in 20 years?

Given the educational standards of the last 20 years:

BOGANS WILL RULE!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jun 30th, 2015 at 9:22pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 9:15pm:
Australia in 20 years?

Given the educational standards of the last 20 years:

BOGANS WILL RULE!

Grin Grin Grin Grin

Bogans and reffos are the only ones reproducing so it will be an interesting mix.

IP Logged

valleyboy

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 12:07am

Why should Marla not be interested in this forum? Welcome Marla. It is pleasure to have you. Your opinions and perspectives are appreciated.

As for the theme of this thread, my guess is as good as anyone's. Though, judging by the poor state of our 'secular democracy' and incredibly poor governance, I don't hold out much hope for this nation. We have no pride, no direction (other than towards China) and no ambition. The day before yesterday we were part of Britain, then we wanted to emulate the US (that proved too much hard work). Some Aussies want Australia to be part of Europe, but mostly we are crawling up China's backside.

There are lots of intelligent and engaging people in this country, but for some inexplicable reason they don't find their way into politics. We used to have good politicians a few decades ago, however, they've been bred out. What we now have are smart arses and opportunists (90% of our pollies).

The way I see it, we are currently going through the integration and assimilation process with our geographic region. In other words and 20 years hence, Australia will resemble many of the nations of this region economically, socially and politically. Our current government says that Australia is open for business, but in reality they have turned this nation into one giant bargain basement where everything is up for sale, including our politicians.

Very soon our governments will micro-manage all of us. There will be no privacy, no civil rights, no freedom of expression other than what is prescribed by government.  Dissent will not be tolerated and treated as home-grown terrorism. Most Australians will be part of the current emerging class of working poor. They will be under-employed, asset poor and dependent on government handouts.

America will have affordable health care and Australia will not. Just as we already don't have affordable housing, energy, food - you name it, everything in this country is already far too expensive for most Australians and expected to become even more so. We are bleeding jobs to  developing countries and our government is implementing policies that import cheap labor from these same countries, to directly compete with Australians for employment.

For many Australians full-time employment is very much a thing of the past. The middle-class is contracting as opportunities and incomes keep shrinking. Australia 20 years from now will have nothing to do with the Australia that was envisioned at Federation.  Smiley

That is my prediction based on what I observe today. However, I sincerely hope against hope that I am wrong.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #50 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 12:58am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 12:48pm:

http://i.imgur.com/z7g8JdI.jpg

Kind of reminds me of Skeletor sometimes.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #51 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 3:23am

valleyboy wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 12:07am:
As for the theme of this thread, my guess is as good as anyone's. Though, judging by the poor state of our 'secular democracy' and incredibly poor governance, I don't hold out much hope for this nation. We have no pride, no direction (other than towards China) and no ambition. The day before yesterday we were part of Britain, then we wanted to emulate the US (that proved too much hard work). Some Aussies want Australia to be part of Europe, but mostly we are crawling up China's backside.

My own short-sightedness has always seen Australia more independent of becoming Americanized than say a lot of Europe. That's not to say you have (for better or worse but mostly for worse) have embraced American corporatization and paid a price for it in terms of health and economic woes.  Then again, that's what many American corporations do, paralyze the world with unhealthy trends but I digress.

America's dealing with China has destroyed the middle class. Advancements in employment are no longer and that alone has made us dependent of so much worthless and unnecessary (plastic) junk that their slave labor manufactured crap now exist in just about every American household. I would hate to see that happen to Australia although I fear it already has.

Americans have a limited view of Australia and especially their politics which do influence the world. Many Americans see the continent as a vacation destiny due to tourism propaganda of a land full of kangaroos and endless "G'day" greetings rather than an independent country with its own social and economic woes.  Of course, Men At Work are playing at the airport 24/7 doing their 'Down Under' tune because there is nothing like an American suffering from an Australian stereotype.

In 20 years time who knows what will become of Australia. It may drift into becoming a bigger satellite of America providence - especially since that Pacific Trans-Partnership bills seems to have passed which means (American) corporations will have the power to sue your country if they don't like the policies of your government. So much for Western democracy.

Scary.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 9:28am

Stop talking to yourself Marla  Grin

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #53 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 9:42am

You're mean.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

MumboJumbo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 11:03am

Marla wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 3:23am:
America's dealing with China has destroyed the middle class. Advancements in employment are no longer and that alone has made us dependent of so much worthless and unnecessary (plastic) junk that their slave labor manufactured crap now exist in just about every American household. I would hate to see that happen to Australia although I fear it already has.

Spot on -- but it's already here if you look.

See Profile For Update wrote on Jan 3rd, 2015 at 2:58pm:
Why the bugger did I get stuck on a planet chalked full of imbeciles?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 11:04am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 12:58am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 12:48pm:

http://i.imgur.com/z7g8JdI.jpg

Kind of reminds me of Skeletor sometimes.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #56 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 10:04pm

Point conceded, greggery.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #57 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 10:10pm

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #58 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 10:15pm

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 10:21pm

What a creep.

Seriously.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print