Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Send Topic Print
But it's NOT Islam - you fools! (Read 11071 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: But it's NOT Islam - you fools!
Reply #45 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 11:17am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 10:56am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 9:13pm:
I didn't conduct the poll.

My name did come up, though.

However, Herbie won by a country mile.

Why wouldn't he?

Because I don't live in the country?  Cool

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #46 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 11:23am

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 11:17am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 10:56am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 9:13pm:
I didn't conduct the poll.

My name did come up, though.

Why wouldn't he?

Because I don't live in the country?  Cool

bugger*n' oath.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #47 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:00pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 10:48am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 8:52pm:
 Otherwise you'll continue to be seen as a joke and a troll by most posters.    Roll Eyes

Brian - I have long since stopped reading your posts for the very good reason that all you ever present is not personal opinion, but Political Correctness to the umpth degree. Any damn fool can write your posts for you.

Really?  I am so glad, my work here is done it seems, Herbie.  I'll just invite the nearest fool to write my posts for me!   Oh, Herbie???   Smiley

Quote:
It takes very little effort to write commentary that dares not offend any of the minorities from any point of view.

Why should I set out to offend people, Herbie?   What is the value in that?  All you're doing is deliberately getting peoples' dander all excited and now achieving a dialogue, which is of course the purpose of discussion, now isn't it?   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Bland, feeble, lacklustre, ingratiating, and anal-receptive posts that consistently curry favour with the minorities marks you out to be a Vichy Australian who has no loyalty to his own generational national tribe.

I'm applying to Peter Dutton's Canberra office to have you de-registered as an Australian citizen.

Except I am solely an Australian citizen, I was born here, unlike a certain immigrant we could all name.  Of course that makes deregistering me as an Australian an awful lot harder than deregistering you, now doesn't it, Herbie?    Roll Eyes

Quote:
I'll then be linking you up with the Dalai Lama so you can both drift around the world as a rudderless couple of bludging Stateless Persons ... (not even Gillard agreed to meet him last time he was in Australia).

The Dalai Llama is supported by the Tibetan community worldwide, Herbie...    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:16pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:00pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 10:48am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jun 30th, 2015 at 8:52pm:
 Otherwise you'll continue to be seen as a joke and a troll by most posters.    Roll Eyes

Brian - I have long since stopped reading your posts for the very good reason that all you ever present is not personal opinion, but Political Correctness to the umpth degree. Any damn fool can write your posts for you.

Really?  I am so glad, my work here is done it seems, Herbie.  I'll just invite the nearest fool to write my posts for me!   Oh, Herbie???   Smiley

Quote:
It takes very little effort to write commentary that dares not offend any of the minorities from any point of view.

Why should I set out to offend people, Herbie?   What is the value in that?  All you're doing is deliberately getting peoples' dander all excited and now achieving a dialogue, which is of course the purpose of discussion, now isn't it?   Roll Eyes

Quote:
Bland, feeble, lacklustre, ingratiating, and anal-receptive posts that consistently curry favour with the minorities marks you out to be a Vichy Australian who has no loyalty to his own generational national tribe.

I'm applying to Peter Dutton's Canberra office to have you de-registered as an Australian citizen.

Except I am solely an Australian citizen, I was born here, unlike a certain immigrant we could all name.  Of course that makes deregistering me as an Australian an awful lot harder than deregistering you, now doesn't it, Herbie?    Roll Eyes

Quote:
I'll then be linking you up with the Dalai Lama so you can both drift around the world as a rudderless couple of bludging Stateless Persons ... (not even Gillard agreed to meet him last time he was in Australia).

The Dalai Llama is supported by the Tibetan community worldwide, Herbie...    Roll Eyes
The other day you posted an article about some people protesting against a mosque being built on the sunshine coast. In Lakemba some time back a street protest by muslims protested against a catholic building be built. Same reason. As an Australian how can you post one example and not the other?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #49 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:30pm

double plus good wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:16pm:
The other day you posted an article about some people protesting against a mosque being built on the sunshine coast. In Lakemba some time back a street protest by muslims protested against a catholic building be built. Same reason. As an Australian how can you post one example and not the other?

The Catholic example was a joke, Joyce...    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:33pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:30pm:

No it wasn't.

IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:34pm

Catholic Youth Centre approved for Lakemba – sparks outrage in community
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter42Share on Reddit0Share on TumblrPrint this pageEmail this to someone
The Catholic Young Men's Society site has been approved in Lakemba. Local Muslims are unhappy about Catholics moving in to their area.

The Catholic Young Men’s Society site has been approved in Lakemba. Local Muslims are unhappy about Catholics moving in to their area.
26 November, 2014. 15:48

ERROL PARKER | Editor-at-large | errol@betootaadvocate.com

AUSTRALIANS HAVE FLOCKED to the streets of Lakemba to protest after City of Canterbury Council approved plans to build a Catholic Young Men’s Society club in the predominantly Islamic suburb.

There were ugly scenes outside the council offices before the meeting with more than a dozen police officers on hand to keep protesters in check.

Despite strong community protest from some residents, Canterbury City Council voted in favour of the Catholic community centre in Lakemba 8 votes to 5.

A Catholic church was recently approved in the area this month to serve the region’s growing Christian community.

Locals have expressed their seething anger at the Council, saying that they don’t want Catholics living in their suburb.

“I don’t want these wine-sipping child-molesting sickos living near me or my family,” says one Haldon Street business owner.

“Catholics fail to assimilate in to other cultures. They form ghettos and build their own clubs like this f**king CYMS bulls**t.”

Saint Patrick’s Welfare Association Inc secretary Paul-Martin O’Leary addressed the council meeting on behalf of the applicants said he was disappointed to see the scenes outside upon arriving.

“I was sad that when I arrived here tonight to see what I did outside,” Mr O’Leary said.

“Catholic people are doctors, nurses, engineers, they work in the public and private sectors,”

“Please do consider that we don’t want to disturb your way of life. This Catholic hall is a multicultural example of Australia,”

“This country is our home, and we’re exactly like you.”

The Catholic Young Men’s Society on Haldon Street is expected to be constructed in two stages with the first stage of the development including the construction of 400sq m hall that will include a kitchen, toilets and other amenities.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #52 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:37pm

double plus good wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:33pm:

No it wasn't.

Provide a reference which doesn't refer back to the original blog message then, as its source...    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:41pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:37pm:

No it wasn't.

Provide a reference which doesn't refer back to the original blog message then, as its source...    Roll Eyes
How do you it didn't happen?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #54 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:41pm

Quote:
Betoota Advocate

Look, it happens to the best of us. Unfortunately, our good friends at Deadspin were recently taken in by a fake story from the Betoota Advocate. The Olympics is not going to have 3-on-3 basketball. But why not? Sillier things have been Olympic sports in the past.

Frankly I’m just waiting for the day when I uncritically re-report some story from a fake news site. It’s bound to happen. It’s only a matter of time. Let’s call it Actually’s Law. But yeah, the Betoota Advocate is generally not funny, which is part of the problem.

[Source]

The Betoota Advocate is a satirical fake news blog.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #55 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:42pm

double plus good wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:41pm:

Because of the source of the report.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 7:43pm

ADICAL Muslim leaders have been slammed for holding a protest about Thursday’s terror raids at a sacred war memorial in Sydney.

Several hundred people gathered in Lakemba on Thursday night to hear controversial Hizt ut-Tahrir spokesman Uthman Badar warn of growing anger among the Islamic community over perceived victimisation.

Terror Raids
Community leader Uthman Badar speaks at the protest.
Mr Badar chose the steps of Lakemba War Memorial to deliver his speech, and a crowd gathered on the lawns of Canterbury Council’s RSL Reserve.

Parliamentary Secretary for the Centenary of ANZAC, David Elliott, said he was horrified protesters had used the war memorial for their protest: “… war memorials are sacred places. Veterans consider them with the same reverence as a gravesite. To use memorials in this manner shows contempt for the sacrifice of our servicemen and women.

“It is a dark day for our veterans when they are forced to watch these sacred sites used as a backdrop for protests against the rule of law. These radicals need to be reminded that freedom of speech is a hard-fought-for luxury.

“They shouldn’t try the patience of decent and fair-minded Australians, because I suspect it is fast running out.”

RSL members were also said to be furious about the choice of location, which is designated public land.

This didn't happen either then?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 8:15pm

No it wasn't.

IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 8:17pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 8:15pm:

No it wasn't.

http://www.alef.net/ALEFIdeas/Owned/YouGotOwned.Gif
He didn't prove anything. We all know about Islamic protest in Australia.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Jul 1st, 2015 at 8:20pm

double plus good wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 8:17pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Jul 1st, 2015 at 8:15pm:

No it wasn't.

http://www.alef.net/ALEFIdeas/Owned/YouGotOwned.Gif
He didn't prove anything. We all know about Islamic protest in Australia.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11
Send Topic Print