Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is this a scam or not .... ? (Read 1352 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Is this a scam or not .... ?
Jun 19th, 2015 at 9:48pm

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Re: Is this a scam or not .... ?
Reply #1 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 9:51pm

Yes, it probably is

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Jun 19th, 2015 at 10:10pm

No way, Walter.  It'll be totally genuine and you ought have no fear whatsoever.  Just send them what they want, and no more fibro house, bicycles, impossible cat Vet bills and rip off Chinese medicos will be in your life.

Well done Dude.  You've earned it.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 7:00am

Aussie wrote on Jun 19th, 2015 at 10:10pm:
No way, Walter.  It'll be totally genuine and you ought have no fear whatsoever.  Just send them what they want, and no more fibro house, bicycles, impossible cat Vet bills and rip off Chinese medicos will be in your life.

I'm related to this dude ... But! Is this another Nigerian scam to clean out my bank account?

He was a famous painter - and so there could be a SH*T load of money just waiting for my greedy trembling hands to reach out and take possession of like the movie A Fistful of F***in' Dollars with Clint Eastwood.

Tell you wot ~~ YOU apply for the cash, and I'll give you half. How's that for a deal?

The link is above. 

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 7:31am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 20th, 2015 at 7:00am:
Aussie wrote on Jun 19th, 2015 at 10:10pm:

I'm related to this dude ... But! Is this another Nigerian scam to clean out my bank account?

He was a famous painter - and so there could be a SH*T load of money just waiting for my greedy trembling hands to reach out and take possession of like the movie A Fistful of F***in' Dollars with Clint Eastwood.

Tell you wot ~~ YOU apply for the cash, and I'll give you half. How's that for a deal?

The link is above. 

It's different to anything I've seen from the Nigerian scams.

They're not asking for your bank account details.....yet!

Make the initial contact and see where it leads, after all, that information is most likely in the White Pages directory.

Get a new email address from Google or Yahoo though.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 7:54am

Thanks, Pansi - but I simply don't dare.

I was hoping to run Aussie through this mine field like one of those piggies they used to use during WW2 ... (or was it Muslims? I can't remember).

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 10:17am

The fine print lol!!!

12. How much does it cost to use HHA/FPAR members?

Members work on a commission basis on a 'no win, no fee' basis. There are no advance fees and the commission is deducted from your inheritance (if any).
If there is no entitlement or the sum is very small, any losses are borne by the member researcher, so you never have to meet any costs.

Commission rates vary but are typically 20-25%. If the estate is known to be large with few heirs, then a better rate might be negotiated.
Our members are small firms consisting of one person or just a few people, so they are not VAT registered. This provides a further saving over larger firms, which potentially charge higher commission fees PLUS VAT.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #7 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 10:20am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jun 20th, 2015 at 10:17am:
The fine print lol!!!

Members work on a commission basis on a 'no win, no fee' basis. There are no advance fees and the commission is deducted from your inheritance (if any).
If there is no entitlement or the sum is very small, any losses are borne by the member researcher, so you never have to meet any costs.

Commission rates vary but are typically 20-25%. If the estate is known to be large with few heirs, then a better rate might be negotiated.
Our members are small firms consisting of one person or just a few people, so they are not VAT registered. This provides a further saving over larger firms, which potentially charge higher commission fees PLUS VAT.

Good onya Pansi. You're braver than the rest of us pussies.

Incidentally -- never get caught out on that 'No Win - No Fees' bullshit.

What they don't tell you is that the Court fees (bold type) could run to thousands .......  Huh

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #8 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 10:31am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 20th, 2015 at 10:20am:
The fine print lol!!!

What they don't tell you is that the Court fees (bold type) could run to thousands .......  Huh

Yes I am not surprised to hear that Herb.

Always wondered what happens if the No Win Lawyers decide they want to pull out halfway through the case?

"Sorry Mr Herbert dont think its is winnable!"

Who pays the court costs to date?

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 11:48am

Redmond Neck wrote on Jun 20th, 2015 at 10:31am:
Lord Herbert wrote on Jun 20th, 2015 at 10:20am:
The fine print lol!!!

Yes I am not surprised to hear that Herb.

Always wondered what happens if the No Win Lawyers decide they want to pull out halfway through the case?

"Sorry Mr Herbert dont think its is winnable!"

Who pays the court costs to date?

The client.  No win/no fee does not mean what you might think.  The Lawyers will always want up front payment for anticipated outlays including Barrister's costs, expert Reports, Medical Reports, filing fees etc.  Further, if the case is lost (which would be rare in a no win no fee situation) you are up for the (party/party) legal costs of the other side.  Lawyers do not offer the service unless there is a very strong prospect of success.

Read the fine print set out in the Retainer Agreement.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 12:56pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 20th, 2015 at 11:48am:
Further, if the case is lost (which would be rare in a no win no fee situation) you are up for the (party/party) legal costs of the other side. 

Yes. Good point. I forgot about that.

The initial attractions of being offered a 'No Win - No Fee' proposition could literally end up costing you your house and leave you in the street with a battered leather suitcase wondering what the bugger*** hell happened.

That's when you ask 'Aussie' to take you to The Gap ... where you do a runner ....  Tongue

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 1:14pm

herb did you read the small print across the bottom....

when I was working a found out via something similar to this...that I could be entitled to a British widows pension...

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. I thought rubbish I am working...anyway turned out they were right.. however I cant remember the details..I think they may have got a % of the first payment as it was back dated 12 months...

not sure how it came about but my daughter got in touch with the British Embassy here...and they told her that yes I was entitled to this.. but if you apply through the govt it wont cost you a penny they do it all  for free

so my suggestion herb is ring the Embassy and make an inquiry...as for a while after my experience the company did advertise for a while but havent seen an ad in many years....

if you do make a fortune I do accept brown paper bags for this information.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 1:15pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 20th, 2015 at 11:48am:
Read the fine print set out in the Retainer Agreement

thats when you need another lawyer to do that for you...

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 1:53pm

Sounds like a good idea cods. Use these no win no fee people to see if you have a case, but don't sign anything. If they sound keen, take it to a real lawyer. Maybe they make you sign something before they will even talk to you.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jun 20th, 2015 at 2:27pm

they could ask for money up front to cover an investigate

after reading the bit at the bottom...I would do my own investigation first I think...

and I wish him luck....only had dead beats in my family.. left bills not money... Grin Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print