God hates YOU! (Read 13460 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
God hates YOU!
Jun 13th, 2015 at 11:54am

God hates YOU!

Psalms 7:11
God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.

Psalms 11:5
The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

A FEW THOUGHTS...

It is wrong to be right, in an evil time.

It is wrong to call for what is right, in an evil time.

The word,
           ignorance
comes from the root;
           to ignore

Dictionary;
ignore = = disregard intentionally.     fail to consider (something significant).

Dictionary;
ignorant, ignorance = =
1 lacking knowledge or awareness in general.     uninformed about or unaware of a specific subject or fact.
2 discourteous.
3 easily angered.

Matthew 24:12
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Many men and women today associate pleasure with the idea, with the 'ideal', of 'love'.

e.g.
Sex can be pleasurable, and, [for many] the sex act is associated with 'loving' [i.e. with 'love' and with commitment to another],       and so, [in the minds of many today] seeking [our own] pleasure can be associated with a desire for virtue [i.e. to be 'loved'].

How easily the devil, SATAN, can transform human desire for pleasure, into a virtue !!
.....or at least, into something which we see as 'not wrong'.

!!!

From my own perspective, as a student of the Bible, there is nothing at all wrong with us seeking pleasure in life,         so long as the pleasure which we seek is within the boundary of God's righteousness [i.e. within those boundaries of acceptable behaviour, which have been set down by God [in Torah], for man's own welfare].

Psalms 84:11
.....no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

But when we seek our own pleasure, outside of the constraints of our own righteousness [a righteousness set down by God], God says such conduct is wicked, and wrong, and that such conduct is counter to, and against, our own best interests.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

And even our conscience informs us, when we do something which is wrong.

But we live in a world, today, where all self-restraint [in behaviour] is judged to be self limiting, and therefore something which is 'wrong' or mistaken.

We live in a world, today, where we have been taught [by 'humanists' and by the social experimenters], that we ourselves can legitimately consider ourselves, to be the arbiters of what is right or wrong [behaviour].

[....and look at how that 'moral compass' is working out, for all Western societies !! ]

And we have been taught that;

Is Atheism a Religion?

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1304543494/625#625
Quote:

What gives me pleasure, is good.

And what prevents me from experiencing pleasure, is evil/bad.

SATAN [that spirit, and that influence] has deceived the whole world.

But it wasn't a difficult task for him to accomplish !

2 Timothy 3:2
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3  Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4  Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
11  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
12  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Romans 3:23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: God hates YOU!
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2015 at 11:55am

Quote:

What are the most important things in life?  What do the
   proverbs, the wise sayings of man through the ages, have to say
   on this point?  Let us search them.  If we did so we would come
   up with the following list:

- the basic necessities (food and shelter)
       - a good wife (or spouse)
       - good health
       - a good conscience
       - a good name
       - wisdom, understanding, good sense, spiritual knowledge,
           understanding of ourselves and life

Now let us ask another question.  What things are most commonly
   pursued by man?  What does the common, ordinary man pursue in
   life?  We can list them:

- temporary pleasure (gratification of appetites)
       - material possessions, wealth
       - social position, being "important"
       - friendship, friends, acceptance by a group

http://solitaryroad.com/a398.html

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1317784815/11#11
Quote:

People who lack moral direction [i.e. ppl who lack 'moral reasoning'] exhibit confusion in their lives, imo.

Such people often commit suicide, imo.

'Humanists' are 'empty people', imo.

'Humanist' 'professionals' teach us, and our children, that for us to [seek to] discern between good and evil, is a social crime.

That is what 'humanists' are teaching us, and our children.

And it is crap.  <---- that is a technical term.

+++

THINK!

Quote:

Do the immoral and perverted have a strongly held philosophy? 
   Yes.  These days you hear their philosophy all the time.  It is
   epitomized in a single word: "tolerance".  Tolerance is their
   watchword, their slogan.  They repeat it and repeat it over
   and over.  They know that by the constant repetition they
   influence people, influence the masses.  It is a really great
   sounding word, a great sounding idea.  But what they really
   mean is tolerance of their own outlooks and conduct, tolerance of
   their own gross immorality and depravity.

http://solitaryroad.com/a1016.html

THINK!

Do we need to extend any special effort, to be "tolerant" of those who exhibit commendable, and good behaviour ???

Do we need to extend any special effort, to be "tolerant" of the upright, the moral, the good person ???

Do we need to extend any special effort, to be "tolerant", towards those who exhibit;
integrity in their dealings with others, ???
fidelity and faithfulness towards others [who have placed trust in them], ???
honesty in their dealings with others, ???
justness in their dealings towards others, ???
fairness in their dealings with others, ???

No.

It is only those whose behaviour could be deemed to be bad, and contemptible, and immoral, who need to seek to engender the tolerance of others, towards themselves.

And this is what 'humanists' are teaching us, and our children, that we [society] should be tolerant of wickedness.

Ranking Ethics

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1292918320/24#24
Quote:

IMO, there is probably nothing more unethical in the world today, than the 'humanist' worldview, and those who promote so called liberal 'ethics'.

IMO, this generation of mankind has lost the ability to discern between good and evil.

Humanist, and liberal ethics....

Today, our children are taught,      that it is wrong to try to 'discriminate' between good and evil, and to reject what is evil.

Today, they and we, are taught that, essentially, good and evil do not exist.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2015 at 11:57am

"Tolerance",
      is a really great sounding word, and "tolerance", is a great sounding concept.

But in a society where "tolerance" is the highest ideal, imo, it is only those who would choose to routinely do what would normally be deemed to be socially unacceptable, who are going to be the winners, who are going to be the beneficiaries of such an 'ideal', as "tolerance".

IMO, the call today for "tolerance", is another expression, another call, for the abandonment of law [i.e. the abandonment of ACTUAL - judgement - against bad behaviour].

And imo, many of those who are calling for "tolerance", are, in reality, calling for [i.e. are encouraging!!] lawlessness.

They are calling for a society where every wickedness, is given licence.

Dictionary;
licence  = =
1 a permit from an authority to own or use something, do a particular thing, or carry on a trade (especially in alcoholic liquor). Ø formal or official permission.
2 a writer’s or artist’s conventional freedom to deviate from facts or accepted rules.
3 freedom to behave without restraint.

Think about this;

If we tolerate evil, and wickedness, in our midst,
...we, ourselves, will become those, who are evil.

Because tolerance of evil, is not 'tolerance'.

It is wickedness!

And today people just don't get that truth.

In fact most people will strenuously deny that logic.

No matter how many times we repeat the phrase,

"Tolerance is desirable, and good, and peaceable."

...our tolerance of evil, is not a virtue.

Whenever we choose to be tolerant of evil [in our midst], it is certain, as night follows day, that we ourselves, will become evil.

n.b.
Our 'tolerance' of evil, merely reveals the wickedness which is ALREADY within us!

And if you are a person who is "tolerant" of evil behaviour, DON'T KID YOURSELF,
...God hates you.

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."

Karl Popper

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil."

Thomas Mann

AND CONSIDER ;

It is only those who are immoral and depraved, who would seek a society where the 'norm' is, that others must, or should, accept [i.e. tolerate] their immoral behaviour.

And we all know, that for the morally wicked person, a "socially just" society, is one without 'bias' and without 'discrimination'.

Dictionary;
discrimination = =
1 the action of discriminating against people.
2 recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another.   good judgement or taste.

To obtain "social justice" the morally wicked person, will push for anti-'discrimination' laws.

But a society which has abandoned all discernment between, what is morally good behaviour, and what is morally evil behaviour, is not a superior society, imo.

The depraved and the wicked want a society where;
It is no longer socially acceptable to discern between, what is morally good behaviour, and what is morally evil behaviour.
It is no longer socially acceptable to publicly express "intolerance" towards what is morally evil behaviour.
It is now only socially acceptable and 'politically correct' to publicly express "tolerance", towards what was once deemed to be morally unacceptable behaviour.

The depraved and the wicked want a society where everyone must be [IN LAW] counted as equal, no matter their individual merit, or lack of merit, no matter their individual good [i.e. moral] behaviour, or lack of.

They agitate, not [particularly] against real injustice, but [particularly] against the 'injustice' of the advancement of those who have achieved their advancement through personal merit.

Today, in our society, "tolerance" of what would normally be seen as morally unacceptable behaviour, is acceptable behaviour.

Whereas, anyone who expresses support for the moral code which is promoted in the Bible, is an intolerant 'bigot', and a bad and 'intolerant' person.

I ASK THE QUESTION;
Does anyone recognise that some sort of moral inversion has happened here ?

Today, "tolerance" is the watchword, it is the slogan, of the pervert, and of the morally corrupt person.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2015 at 11:59am

QUOTES, ON FREEDOM AND LIBERTY AND COURAGE

Where justice reigns, 'tis freedom to obey.
James Montgomery

"So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men."
Voltaire (1694-1778)

Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist.
Edmund Burke

You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in their struggle for independence.
   - Charles Austin Beard, American Historian, 1874-1948

"God who gave us life, gave us Liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?"
- Thomas Jefferson

A man who won't die for something is not fit to live.
- Martin Luther King

"It is counter-productive to raise children in a world without consequences."
Temperance Brennan character
Bones - The Bone That Blew
season 4 disc 3

"There are only two races in the world, the decent and the indecent."
Victor Frankl - Nazi Holocaust survivor

"...populism is always the handmaiden of fascism."
     - Hard Little Machine
source; http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/life-under-the-victimocracy/

TOLERANCE OF EVIL

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."
Karl Popper

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil."
Thomas Mann

"Pacifism is objectively pro-fascist.
This is elementary common sense.
If you hamper the war effort of one side, you automatically help out that of the other.
Nor is there any real way of remaining outside such a war as the present one.
In practice, 'he that is not with me is against me'."
- George Orwell.

The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments.
- William H. Borah

Amos 5:12
For I know your manifold transgressions and your mighty sins: they afflict the just, they take a bribe, and they turn aside the poor in the gate from their right.
13  Therefore the prudent shall keep silence in that time; for it is an evil time.
14  Seek good, and not evil, that ye may live: and so the LORD, the God of hosts, shall be with you, as ye have spoken.
15  Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph.

Matthew 24:12
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

John 15:18
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

1 John 3:13
Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

Psalms 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
2  The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
3  They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

Matthew 24:37
But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Genesis 6:5
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
11  The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

Harvest, and sickle.

Revelation 14:15
And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16  And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
17  And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18  And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19  And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

Joel 3:13
Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.

Sow.

Reap.

Man does it, and so does God.         Smiley

Each one of us is a 'free agent'.

We can do almost anything we want to do, in this life.

Is God wicked, to test his creation, to test men ?

Be careful.

Be full of care, in what YOU allow.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 4:34am

Are you a member of Westboro?

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Jun 14th, 2015 at 5:42pm

Raven wrote on Jun 14th, 2015 at 4:34am:
Are you a member of Westboro?

No.

But here is a soul i have found, that i have no argument with.

--------- >

http://www.solitaryroad.com/

James Miller....
Quote:

Do the immoral and perverted have a strongly held philosophy? 
   Yes.  These days you hear their philosophy all the time.  It is
   epitomized in a single word: "tolerance".  Tolerance is their
   watchword, their slogan.  They repeat it and repeat it over
   and over.  They know that by the constant repetition they
   influence people, influence the masses.  It is a really great
   sounding word, a great sounding idea.  But what they really
   mean is tolerance of their own outlooks and conduct, tolerance of
   their own gross immorality and depravity.

http://solitaryroad.com/a1016.html

Ecclesiastes 7:27
Behold, this have I found, saith the preacher, counting one by one, to find out the account:
28  Which yet my soul seeketh, but I find not: one man among a thousand have I found; but a woman among all those have I not found.
29  Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Psalms 37:7
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
8  Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #6 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 1:12am

Being told God hates you is about as scary as a child saying you won't get any presents from Santa if you are naughty

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 10:20am

Quote:

Being told God hates you is about as scary as a child saying you won't get any presents from Santa if you are naughty

Raven,

I am happy for you to choose to believe whatever you want to believe.

But it is the the things which we choose to believe,         which form our views and our values, and so, direct our choices [in this life].

It is the beliefs we have, which will direct us, in the paths we choose in this life.

YOU are the person who is responsible, for the choices which you make.

Psalms 146:8
The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous:

Hebrews 10:29
Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Proverbs 9:6
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Deuteronomy 30:19
I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Ezekiel 33:11
Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Isaiah 55:6
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:
7  Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

Psalms 23:1
The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4  Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5  Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6  Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

IP Logged

strolling bones

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jun 15th, 2015 at 3:21pm

God really, come on?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 12:54am

strolling bones wrote on Jun 15th, 2015 at 3:21pm:
God really, come on?

Yes,    the God who established a covenant with Abraham,     and his descendants [through Isaac and Jacob].

The God who in an ancient time, told what would happen in the future, to the people of that covenant.

The God who ordered his people, in those ancient times, to record his words.

The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

God foretold [during the time of Moses!], that the nation [the people] of Israel will be found to be, unworthy [i.e. unholy], and that because the nation of Israel abandoned him, God would scatter Israel among the nations...

Deuteronomy 4:24
For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous God.
25  When thou shalt beget children, and children's children, and ye shall have remained long in the land, and shall corrupt yourselves, and make a graven image, or the likeness of any thing, and shall do evil in the sight of the LORD thy God, to provoke him to anger:
26  I call heaven and earth to witness against you this day, that ye shall soon utterly perish from off the land whereunto ye go over Jordan to possess it; ye shall not prolong your days upon it, but shall utterly be destroyed.
27  And the LORD shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the LORD shall lead you.

Deuteronomy 31:16
And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after the gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I have made with them.
20  For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themselves, and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant.
21  And it shall come to pass, when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware.

And though Israel are punished, for abandoning God, and for braking their covenant with their God...

Israel is not, will not, be cast off, by their God.

Jeremiah 31:37
Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

It was all foretold, that those who are Israel, are forgiven, and would be gathered again to their own land.

Jeremiah 16:14
....behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
15  But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither he had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers.

Jeremiah 23:7
....behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
8  But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

Ezekiel 34:13
And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country.

"SO WILL I WATCH OVER THEM, TO BUILD, AND TO PLANT, SAITH THE LORD"

Isaiah 40:1
Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.
2  Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, that her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD'S hand double for all her sins.

Jeremiah 31:28
And it shall come to pass, that like as I have watched over them, to pluck up, and to break down, and to throw down, and to destroy, and to afflict; so will I watch over them, to build, and to plant, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 31:31
Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32  Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

ISRAEL...

Romans 11:27
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
28  As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

Romans 11:25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #10 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 1:12am

".....until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in."

The fullness of a 'harvest'.

Matthew 24:37
But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38  For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Genesis 6:5
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
11  The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

Harvest, and sickle.

Revelation 14:15
And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
16  And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.
17  And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
18  And another angel came out from the altar, which had power over fire; and cried with a loud cry to him that had the sharp sickle, saying, Thrust in thy sharp sickle, and gather the clusters of the vine of the earth; for her grapes are fully ripe.
19  And the angel thrust in his sickle into the earth, and gathered the vine of the earth, and cast it into the great winepress of the wrath of God.

Joel 3:13
Put ye in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe: come, get you down; for the press is full, the fats overflow; for their wickedness is great.

John 3:35
The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #11 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 6:46am

Yadda, do you really believe that anyone bothers to read these endless quotes of yours?

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #12 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 9:25am

issuevoter wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 6:46am:
Yadda, do you really believe that anyone bothers to read these endless quotes of yours?

Sure.

Because it is very easy for a person like myself, to believe.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22  For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23  But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

Hebrews 11:6
......for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

".....them that.....seek him."
   ???

That statement sounds ridiculous, doesn't it !

How can men today [living in a world directed by science and modern technology],          seek a reputedly, unknowable, and invisible God !!!!!

Hmmmmm.

I could say that; "I don't know."

But that would be a lie.

Deuteronomy 8:2
And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #13 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 9:30am

issuevoter wrote on Jun 16th, 2015 at 6:46am:

issuevoter,

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, is known to many more people than you could imagine.

The Bible, is a very popular book.

Even today.

Smiley

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #14 - Jun 16th, 2015 at 9:06pm

Quote:
Think about this;

If we tolerate evil, and wickedness, in our midst,
...we, ourselves, will become those, who are evil.

Because tolerance of evil, is not 'tolerance'.

It is wickedness!

I agree with you there, however, the definition of wickedness is up for conjecture.

Broadly speaking, most people would conclude that if there is no harm done to others, then there is no wickedness involved.
Moreover, a variety of opinions and life choices can not only be void of wickedness, it can be very advantageous.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print