Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Daily Mail's 30 Things that are Annoying (Read 430 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

The Daily Mail's 30 Things that are Annoying
May 25th, 2015 at 2:27pm

link

My pick from this bunch are ...

Overly-dramatic and noisy sneezers. It’s a natural bodily function, not an Oscar-winning performance.

I’m British. I’m uptight. I’m awkward. I can’t bring myself to ask for a ‘venti’ or a ‘grande’ coffee. I feel stupid. Please can we just have small, medium and large?

We like to queue in this country and we like to do it properly. If you’re standing in line, then make it obvious by not leaving too big a gap between you and the person in front. If people have to ask whether you’re in the queue, you’re doing it wrong — and it’s so annoying.

She's obviously referring to migrants here. Don't I know it.

I’m perfectly capable of remembering to take all of my belongings with me when I leave a train. Likewise, I can usually exit the carriage without landing in a heap on the platform. The endless announcements serve no real purpose other than to annoy everyone listening.

Dear fellow traveller. I am glad that my Daily Mail newspaper looks interesting, but please, in future, buy your own rather than reading mine over my shoulder and then sighing when I dare to turn the page at my convenience, not yours.

Whistlers, hummers, foot-tappers, finger-drummers, leg-jiggers. Just stop! Don’t you know how annoying you are?

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: The Daily Mail's 30 Things that are Annoying
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2015 at 2:30pm

The one about the Daily Mail being interesting can't be true.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #2 - May 25th, 2015 at 5:50pm

These are only mildly annoying. For me, some of the worst come directly from journalists. Here is one: A helicopter landed three US "forces." What they mean is three soldiers; a force is a collective term.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #3 - May 25th, 2015 at 6:17pm

I catch buses, and it's amazing how many times women get on the bus, and only then start fossicking around in their bags and purses to find the money or the credit card to pay for the trip.

People speaking loudly into their mobile phones on public transport and in cafes and restaurants.

That's got to be up there at the top of the list somewhere.

A single, solitary person taking up the entire aisle in supermarkets. Almost invariably women.

Ethnics breathing down your neck at the supermarket checkout counter.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #4 - May 25th, 2015 at 10:03pm

Lord Herbert wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 6:17pm:
Ethnics breathing down your neck at the supermarket checkout counter.

For you that would mean white australians wouldnt it?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - May 25th, 2015 at 10:39pm

Quote:
I catch buses, and it's amazing how many times women get on the bus, and only then start fossicking around in their bags and purses to find the money or the credit card to pay for the trip.

I drive Cabs, and it amazes me how often elderly women will wait inside their house/unit for the Cab to arrive, then they will exit, then  they will close the door, then they will spend half an hour finding the deadlock key, then another half an hour trying to find the keyhole to lock it, then shut the security door, then spend half an hour finding the key to lock it, then another half an hour finding the keyhole to lock it, then hide the keys under the potplant in my full view and that of anyone else watching, then get in the Cab, then spend half an hour locating their Government transport subsidy card......and by then.....I have ......oh, never mind.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #6 - May 26th, 2015 at 7:33am

Aussie wrote on May 25th, 2015 at 10:39pm:
Quote:

I drive Cabs, and it amazes me how often elderly women will wait inside their house/unit for the Cab to arrive, then they will exit, then  they will close the door, then they will spend half an hour finding the deadlock key, then another half an hour trying to find the keyhole to lock it, then shut the security door, then spend half an hour finding the key to lock it, then another half an hour finding the keyhole to lock it, then hide the keys under the potplant in my full view and that of anyone else watching, then get in the Cab, then spend half an hour locating their Government transport subsidy card......and by then.....I have ......oh, never mind.

Grin Grin Grin

It's amazing.

They can't all be suffering from Early Alzheimer's.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print