Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
March against Monsanto (Read 1603 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

March against Monsanto
May 24th, 2015 at 2:39pm

From Paris to Ouagadougou, thousands of people have taken to the streets to protest against the American biotechnology giant Monsanto and its genetically modified crops and pesticides.

The third annual March Against Monsanto was being held in upwards of 400 cities in more than 40 countries.

About 2,500 people staged anti-Monsanto protests in the Swiss cities of Basel and Morgues, where the company has its headquarters for Europe, Africa and the Middle East.

Up to 3,000 protesters rallied by environmental organisations including Greenpeace and anti-capitalist group Stop Tafta gathered in Paris, with Monsanto's market-leading herbicide Roundup the main targets of protesters' anger.

The controversial product's main ingredient was recently classified as "probably carcinogenic to humans" by the World Health Organisation.

Organisers said ahead of the marches the multinational biotech giant had claimed that genetically modified crops would actually lead to a decrease in Roundup use.

But they pointed to US Geological Survey data that revealed the use of Roundup's key component glyphosate had increased 16-fold since the mid-1990s when genetically modified organisms (GMOs) were first introduced.

"Looking for mass suicide? Go for Roundup," read one placard at a French protest in the western city of Rennes.

In a march in another French city, Toulouse, protesters called for more protection for bees, amid international alarm at recent population declines of the vital pollinator.

Halfway around the planet in Burkina Faso, about 500 people marched against the US giant, which introduced GM cotton into the west African country in 2003.

Demonstrators demanded a 10-year moratorium on the planting of Monsanto seeds so "independent research can be conducted" into the effects of the technology.

Up to 1,000 anti-Monsanto activists gathered in front of the European Parliament in Strasbourg as the sun was setting for a minute's silence "in homage to the existing and future victims poisoned by pesticides", according to the organisers.

The worldwide March Against Monsanto was begun in 2013 by the Occupy movement and has become an annual event.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Re: March against Monsanto
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2015 at 2:39pm

First time ever I support a protest.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2015 at 2:41pm

bogarde73 wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 2:39pm:

welcome to the dark side boges

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Svengali
Gold Member

Please don't thank me

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2015 at 2:55pm

Is denizen Herb protesting against herbicides?

We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change.
Serj Tankian

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2015 at 3:05pm

Svengali wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 2:55pm:
Is denizen Herb protesting against herbicides?

only the middle eastern or black ones.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2015 at 4:59pm

It's one I would support

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 24th, 2015 at 5:17pm

Oh bogey, you dirty unwashed, unemployed layabout, how could you?

I think you're crossing over, mixing with the great unwashed rent-a-crowd.....what's that behind your back? not a sign, surely......

Or did you mean you're supporting it from your desk?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:36pm

I support that protest  Smiley

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #8 - May 25th, 2015 at 3:28pm

Pansi.
I get down & dirty but I always tub.
I've been unemployed for a long time but I always seem to be working.
I like lingerie but I'm not crossing over I assure you.
I'm not into crowds or groups of over 4.
My support is the power of the pen.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 25th, 2015 at 4:25pm

[quote author=bogarde73 link=1432442357/8#8 date=1432531688]Pansi.

I get down & dirty but I always tub.

Same

I've been unemployed for a long time but I always seem to be working.

Oh we're all unemployed according to the forum barons.

I like lingerie but I'm not crossing over I assure you.

I'm not into frilly lingerie, I go for comfort and I have no desire to cross over either.

I'm not into crowds or groups of over 4.

You better not come to my CWA meetings then.

My support is the power of the pen.

Good. Many people don't believe it, but emails, letters and the signing of petitions is a very powerful tool these days. Especially e-petitions where ordinary people can petition parliament for change, if they believe they have a good cause.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #10 - Dec 6th, 2015 at 5:28am

http://sustainablepulse.com/2015/12/03/monsanto-put-on-trial-for-crimes-against-...

Monsanto Put on Trial for Crimes against Humanity in The Hague

Posted on Dec 3 2015 - 6:25pm by Sustainable Pulse

The Organic Consumers Association (OCA), IFOAM International Organics, Navdanya, Regeneration International (RI), and Millions Against Monsanto, joined by dozens of global food, farming and environmental justice groups announced today that they will put Monsanto MON (NYSE), a US-based transnational corporation, on trial for crimes against nature and humanity, and ecocide, in The Hague, Netherlands, next year on World Food Day, October 16, 2016.

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 6th, 2015 at 6:41am

2.500 protesters ...  thats pretty BIG.

3000 environmentalists rally in Paris..

even BIGGER...

pretty scary stuff.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Dec 6th, 2015 at 8:30am

This is bad. I have no memory at all of starting this thread or posting in it. And what is it, a few months ago.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Dec 6th, 2015 at 9:17am

bogarde73 wrote on Dec 6th, 2015 at 8:30am:
This is bad. I have no memory at all of starting this thread or posting in it. And what is it, a few months ago.

do you remember barracking for Rudd and gillard?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Dec 6th, 2015 at 10:09am

This just shows the idiocy of the ignorant.

There was a time when the elitists thought starvation would be a problem a few decades ago, thanks to GM crops this was averted.

Nothing wrong with GM crops they can make crops grow in unsuitable conditions, sounds like fearmongering from the ignorant.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print