Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Netherlands bans Islamic veil (Read 6260 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Netherlands bans Islamic veil
May 24th, 2015 at 10:21am

Now the Netherlands bans Islamic veil – but will Britain ever do the same?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/579427/Islamic-veil-Muslim-burqa-niqab-Islam-Holland-Dutch-prime-minister-Mark-Rutte

HOLLAND has banned the full-face Islamic veil in government buildings, schools, hospitals and on public transport after a fierce debate on the burqa.

The ban does not completely forbid the veil in public places, but outlaws it "in specific situations where it is essential for people to be seen" or for security reasons.

"The bill does not have any religious background," prime minister Mark Rutte said.

The government had previously tried to pass a bill banning the burqa in all public places, but it will now be withdrawn.

Those breaching the ban can now be fined up to £285.

Between 100 and 500 women in the Netherlands wear the burqa, according to the country's state broadcaster.

The ban follows a 2009 crackdown on the full-face veil in France, with then-prime minister Nicolas Sarkozy saying the garment reduced women to servitude.

France's parliament then passed a burqa ban in 2010, leading to protests from Islamic groups who said it was discriminatory.

An October 2013 poll revealed a majority of Britons support the banning of the full-face veill – because it makes them feel uneasy.

And in March last year Philip Hollobone put forward a parliamentary bill seeking to prohibit the wearing of face coverings, in particular the Muslim veil and balaclavas.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Netherlands bans Islamic veil
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2015 at 12:29pm

So, the marginalised become even more marginalised in Dutch society.  How unsurprising, FD.   Why are they so intent on attacking such a small number of women?  100-500 people aren't allowed to use public transport or visit public schools/buildings.   Do you think their menfolk will really care?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #2 - May 24th, 2015 at 5:43pm

Try walking into a bank with full face motorcycle helmet on. If you are going to allow people to dress up like spooks in places of security concern you may as well put up a sign "Criminals Welcome." As for religious concerns, its time some of these nut jobs re-examined their primitive tribal stupidity.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2015 at 5:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 12:29pm:
So, the marginalised become even more marginalised in Dutch society.  How unsurprising, FD.   Why are they so intent on attacking such a small number of women?  100-500 people aren't allowed to use public transport or visit public schools/buildings.   Do you think their menfolk will really care?   Roll Eyes

The answer is easy - stop them marginalising themselves. Dressing up like they are in some Arabian Nights panto doesn't help them. They self-select for marginalisation.

This ban is trying to help them to wake up and smell the tulips. It helps the silly bints in Rotterdam and Amsterdam say, "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Pakistan anymore."

They are unable to discover such simple truth by their own lights - and so wonder why they are marginalised.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2015 at 6:21pm

issuevoter wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 5:43pm:
Try walking into a bank with full face motorcycle helmet on. If you are going to allow people to dress up like spooks in places of security concern you may as well put up a sign "Criminals Welcome." As for religious concerns, its time some of these nut jobs re-examined their primitive tribal stupidity.

Do you really believe banning the Burqa in the Netherlands is going to make that happen?  Or do you believe they will become more marginalised?

I suspect their children will be getting quite a workout, going into government buildings for them.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2015 at 6:23pm

Soren wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 5:45pm:

The answer is easy - stop them marginalising themselves. Dressing up like they are in some Arabian Nights panto doesn't help them. They self-select for marginalisation.

That maybe the case, Soren but it is their choice.  Who are you to inflict your marginalising viewpoint on them as to what they can or cannot wear?  It is not as they are prancing naked down the streets of Dutch cities...   Roll Eyes

Quote:
This ban is trying to help them to wake up and smell the tulips. It helps the silly bints in Rotterdam and Amsterdam say, "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Pakistan anymore."

They are unable to discover such simple truth by their own lights - and so wonder why they are marginalised.

Again I ask, do you want to include people in society or marginalise them even further?   I suspect I know what your answer will be, Soren, being male, white, Danish and Lutheran...    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #6 - May 24th, 2015 at 6:25pm

Bad habits should be broken early, and so it's about time Western governments said to immigrant Muslim women ~ you can wear what you like except face-coverings ~ but your Australian-born children must grow up without any Islamic headdresses or garb to distinguish then from fellow-Australians.

I'm still seeing toddlers on the streets wearing little hijabs like miniature replicas of jihadi brides of the ISIS maniacs.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2015 at 8:02pm by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - May 24th, 2015 at 6:39pm

Lord Herbert wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 6:25pm:
They have printed it up incorrectly as 'the veil' - ie the hijab.

But they're only referring to the burqa and the niqab.

Bad habits should be broken early, and so it's about time Western governments said to immigrant Muslim women ~ you can wear what you like except face-coverings ~ but your Australian-born children must grow up without any Islamic headdresses or garb to distinguish then from fellow-Australians.

I'm still seeing toddlers on the streets wearing little hijabs like miniature replicas of jihadi brides of the ISIS maniacs.

You must hate Orthodox Jews, Herbie.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #8 - May 24th, 2015 at 7:03pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 6:23pm:
Soren wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 5:45pm:

That maybe the case, Soren but it is their choice.  Who are you to inflict your marginalising viewpoint on them as to what they can or cannot wear?  It is not as they are prancing naked down the streets of Dutch cities...   Roll Eyes

Quote:

Again I ask, do you want to include people in society or marginalise them even further?   I suspect I know what your answer will be, Soren, being male, white, Danish and Lutheran...    Roll Eyes

I do not want to include them at any price.  In particular, I do not want to include them so they can bring their unacceptable Islamic values.  So I am inviting them to the extent they shed their Islamic identity.

Don't bring Islam. Bring your individual qualities. Your 'collective' (your word, Brain) is not welcome insofar as it wants to alter this society. Your individuality, if it fits in, is OK and welcome to make a go of it.i

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 24th, 2015 at 7:05pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 6:21pm:
issuevoter wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 5:43pm:

Do you really believe banning the Burqa in the Netherlands is going to make that happen?  Or do you believe they will become more marginalised?

I suspect their children will be getting quite a workout, going into government buildings for them.    Roll Eyes

try this brian, put a full face balaclava on and walk down the street. see how many minutes it takes before the coppers stop you for questioning. Can you guess why?

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #10 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:04pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 6:39pm:

Are there any in Australia?

When did you last seen one?

IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:06pm

It seems the dutch have some balls. Pity Australia is a sissy pushover full of leftist softc%$ks.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:12pm

Lord Herbert wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 8:04pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 6:39pm:

Are there any in Australia?

When did you last seen one?

Try Melbourne, old boy!   Full of Orthodox Jews!   Smiley

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #13 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:12pm

double plus good wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 8:06pm:
It seems the dutch have some balls. Pity Australia is a sissy pushover full of leftist softc%$ks.

Thank you, Matty, for your ill-considered opinion.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:14pm

Brian Ross wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 8:12pm:
double plus good wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 8:06pm:

Thank you, Matty, for your ill-considered opinion.    Roll Eyes
So says a sissy pushover leftist softc%^k!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print