Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Banks Guilty Currency Rigging But Too Big To Gaol (Read 2526 times)
Svengali
Gold Member

Please don't thank me

Re: Banks Guilty Currency Rigging But Too Big To Gaol
Reply #15 - May 23rd, 2015 at 6:14pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 6:08pm:
innocentbystander. wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 4:32pm:
Any fines imposed will just be passed on to the banks customers, in effect they are fining the customers, but they don't care, the only way you can stop their shenanigans is by locking some of them up but that will never happen as the govt and banks are partners in crime, together they are the biggest criminals we will ever have to deal with in our lives. 

I would still like to know the details of these supposed offences.  Just as most people in the real word understand (and none on here!) criminal offences have a SCALE of severity.  SOme context would be helpful although it would probably water down the faux-angst

The Freemason in Longweakend58 speaks out for it's brethren.

We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change.
Serj Tankian

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - May 23rd, 2015 at 6:24pm

Svengali wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 6:14pm:
Any fines imposed will just be passed on to the banks customers, in effect they are fining the customers, but they don't care, the only way you can stop their shenanigans is by locking some of them up but that will never happen as the govt and banks are partners in crime, together they are the biggest criminals we will ever have to deal with in our lives. 

I would still like to know the details of these supposed offences.  Just as most people in the real word understand (and none on here!) criminal offences have a SCALE of severity.  SOme context would be helpful although it would probably water down the faux-angst

The Freemason in Longweakend58 speaks out for it's brethren.

so thats your version of telling us how you dont have a clue what they actually did either?

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #17 - May 23rd, 2015 at 7:54pm

JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Barclays and The Royal Bank of Scotland conspired with one another to fix rates on U.S. dollars, euros

JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, Barclays and The Royal Bank of Scotland conspired with one another to fix rates
on U.S. dollars and euros traded in the huge global market for currencies, according to a resolution announced Wednesday between the banks and the U.S. Department of Justice.
A group of currency traders, who called themselves “The Cartel,” allegedly shared customer orders through chat rooms and used that information to profit at the expense of their clients.

Another bank, Switzerland’s UBS, has agreed to plead guilty to manipulating key interest rates and will pay a separate criminal penalty of $203 million.

Including a separate agreement with the Federal Reserve announced Wednesday and another announced last year, the group of banks will pay nearly $9 billion in fines for manipulating the $5.3 trillion global currency market.

Unlike the stock and bond markets, currencies trade nearly 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The market pauses two times a day, a moment known as “the fix.” Traders in the cartel allegedly shared client orders with rivals ahead of the “fix”, pumping up currency rates to make profits.

Global companies, who do business in multiple currencies, rely on their banks to give them the closest thing to an official exchange rate each day. The banks are supposed to be looking out for them instead of conspiring to get even bigger profits by using customers’ orders against them. Travelers who regularly exchange currencies also need to get a fair price for their euros or dollars.

http://www.thestar.com/business/2015/05/20/four-banks-fined-25-billion-for-riggi...
=========================================================
Well, the market pause known as “the fix”, IS ACTUALLY AN ILLEGAL FIX!

In Share Trading terms, IT WOULD BE KNOWN AS "INSIDER TRADING"!

Levying a fine in these instances is about as useful as "t!ts on a Bull"!

The penalty, for this sort of crime, be it Unions, Business, Politicians or other, should be a Term Inside!!!   

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #18 - May 23rd, 2015 at 9:37pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 4:25pm:
Swagman wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 1:43pm:
Dnarever wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 1:29pm:
Unions have a disadvantage when dealing with business it is just that an employees by themselves have a much greater disadvantage.

So?  It's still hypocritical for one to take up a righteous argument against anti-competitive collusive behaviour by business cartels whilst totally supporting its use by Labour cartels...
Its what you and your mates like to call creating a level playing field. Workers (*like you - your a worker I think you told us before) have a natural disadvantage when when bargaining on their own with the boss but when they collectively bargain that disadvantage is "partly" redressed. See your problem with this line of argument is that history has shown time and time again that before unions and collective bargaining employers maintained wages at critically low levels that where indisputably inhuman (indeed since union membership has fallen since the 80s we are heading in that direction again). Collective bargaining is therefore good for society as a whole.   On the other hand history has shown time and time again that monopolies, cartels and other reprehensible collusive anti competitive behaviour were vicious unfair and laws to protect the society from them were necessary and good for society as a whole.  That's why there are sensible laws to stop collusive business behaviour and no laws to stop collective bargaining. There endith the history lesson. That's OK I'll charge you next time.   

You ochlocrats make your own laws to suit yourselves.

You use collusion to hamstring industry and to rob and enslave the rich minority with your own brand of warped democracy.

Here endeth the reality lesson.....go and get a job and pay some tax you loafer    Cheesy

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 24th, 2015 at 9:26am

Swagman wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 9:37pm:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 4:25pm:
Unions have a disadvantage when dealing with business it is just that an employees by themselves have a much greater disadvantage.

So?  It's still hypocritical for one to take up a righteous argument against anti-competitive collusive behaviour by business cartels whilst totally supporting its use by Labour cartels...
Its what you and your mates like to call creating a level playing field. Workers (*like you - your a worker I think you told us before) have a natural disadvantage when when bargaining on their own with the boss but when they collectively bargain that disadvantage is "partly" redressed. See your problem with this line of argument is that history has shown time and time again that before unions and collective bargaining employers maintained wages at critically low levels that where indisputably inhuman (indeed since union membership has fallen since the 80s we are heading in that direction again). Collective bargaining is therefore good for society as a whole.   On the other hand history has shown time and time again that monopolies, cartels and other reprehensible collusive anti competitive behaviour were vicious unfair and laws to protect the society from them were necessary and good for society as a whole.  That's why there are sensible laws to stop collusive business behaviour and no laws to stop collective bargaining. There endith the history lesson. That's OK I'll charge you next time.   

You ochlocrats make your own laws to suit yourselves.
No, the parliamentary system makes laws that have been proven for almost 150 years to be necessary for the good of the community. 

You use collusion to hamstring industry and to rob and enslave the rich minority with your own brand of warped democracy.Here endeth the reality fantasy lesson.....go and get a job and pay some tax you loafer 

Hamstring industry? Not just workers like you suffered. The whole world suffered including businesses and the clients of the bankers because of their dishonesty.  Only nut jobs who are as indoctrinated as any fanatical muslim jihardist would argue for the "right" of these few bankers to fix the price of currencies at the expense of everyone else in the world. Its a testament to your indoctrinated stupidity to be talking about the enslavement of the rich minority. If this is enslavement, you haven't seen anything yet.  Just remember this.  The inability of you're string pullers to harness their blind greed is why they'll lose everything.
BOTR!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #20 - May 24th, 2015 at 10:43am

5 of the worlds largest banks were caught working together to rig international currency rates. This was one of the charges that 4 of the 5 banks confirmed that they were guilty of and have negotiated a rather mild settlement.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #21 - May 24th, 2015 at 10:49am

I do not agree that unions act as cartels.

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 24th, 2015 at 10:56am

Dnarever wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 10:43am:

5 of the worlds largest banks were caught working together to rig international currency rates. This was one of the charges that 4 of the 5 banks confirmed that they were guilty of and have negotiated a rather mild settlement.
What is most telling about this post from LongLiar is that notwithstanding that the banks pleaded guilty to these offences LongLiar still refers to them as "supposed offences". Even when the bankers admit their guilt the engineered impulse of LongLiar and his ilk is to leap to their defence. They can't help themselves.      

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Illawarra NSW
Reply #23 - May 24th, 2015 at 11:39am

Dnarever wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 10:49am:

Grin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 24th, 2015 at 11:43am

Swagman wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 11:39am:

https://shrink4men.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/brainwash1.gif

Grin

AHH, That explain a lot!!

maybe if you tell your wife to change detergents the residual effects might wear off.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Illawarra NSW
Reply #25 - May 24th, 2015 at 11:57am

John Smith wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 11:43am:

Grin

maybe if you tell your wife to change detergents the residual effects might wear off.

...tut tut Johnny Smith....you're stereotyping females there.....'Emily's List' will put a hit out on you...... Cheesy

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - May 24th, 2015 at 12:36pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 10:56am:

What is most telling about this post from LongLiar is that notwithstanding that the banks pleaded guilty to these offences LongLiar still refers to them as "supposed offences". Even when the bankers admit their guilt the engineered impulse of LongLiar and his ilk is to leap to their defence. They can't help themselves.      

the context of that post was that you couldnt even tell me what they had done.  You were prattling on with zero knowlege - you area of expertise. At least depression_now posted the details.  I never defended them.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - May 24th, 2015 at 12:40pm

Swagman wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 11:57am:
John Smith wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 11:43am:

Grin

...tut tut Johnny Smith....you're stereotyping females there.....'Emily's List' will put a hit out on you...... Cheesy

not at all ... it's just that you can't do the laundry, between your time at Dapto pub and your time online you can't possibly have time for chores

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 24th, 2015 at 12:43pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 12:36pm:

the context of that post was that you couldnt even tell me what they had done.  You were prattling on with zero knowlege - you area of expertise. At least depression_now posted the details.  I never defended them.
They admitted guilt and your automatic response was still to refer to their crimes as "supposed offences"; says it all really.  And all you had to do was watch the video to see what they admitted guilt to. If the video didnt work it was possible to copy the link and open it yourself. But I'm betting all this doesn't compute to you.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - May 24th, 2015 at 1:56pm

ImSpartacus2 wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 12:43pm:
longweekend58 wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 12:36pm:

They admitted guilt and your automatic response was still to refer to their crimes as "supposed offences"; says it all really.  And all you had to do was watch the video to see what they admitted guilt to. If the video didnt work it was possible to copy the link and open it yourself. But I'm betting all this doesn't compute to you.

the whol point was to prove that you didnt even know what they had done - and you didnt.  you do that a lot. prattle on about something you know zero about.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print