Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Climate Change: The Facts (Read 6436 times)
innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Climate Change: The Facts
May 22nd, 2015 at 10:32am

Tired of all the BS peddled by corrupt scientists, pollies and crazy activists and want some real facts instead?    Smileyi

The Institute of Public Affairs is proud to publish Climate Change: The Facts 2014, featuring 22 chapters on the science, politics and economics of the climate change debate. Climate Change: The Facts 2014 features the world’s leading experts and commentators on climate change. Highlights of Climate Change: The Facts 2014 include:

Ian Plimer draws on the geological record to dismiss the possibility that human emissions of carbon dioxide will lead to catastrophic consequences for the planet. Patrick Michaels demonstrates the growing chasm between the predictions of the IPCC and the real world temperature results. Richard Lindzen shows the climate is less sensitive to increases in greenhouse gases than previously thought and argues that a warmer world would have a similar weather variability to today. Willie Soon discusses the often unremarked role of the sun in climate variability. Robert Carter explains why the natural variability of the climate is far greater than any human component. John Abbot and Jennifer Marohasy demonstrate how little success climate models have in predicting important information such as rainfall.

Nigel Lawson warns of the dire economic consequences of abandoning the use of fossil fuels. Alan Moran compares the considerable costs of taking action compared to the relatively minor potential benefits of doing so. James Delingpole looks at the academic qualifications of the leading proponents of catastrophic climate change and finds many lack the credentials of so-called ‘sceptics’. Garth Paltridge says science itself will be damaged by the failure of climate forecasts to eventuate. Jo Nova chronicles the extraordinary sums of public money awarded to climate change activists, in contrast to those who question their alarmist warnings. Kesten Green and Scott Armstrong compare climate change alarmism to previous scares raised over the past 200 years. Rupert Darwall explains why an international, legally binding climate agreement has extremely minimal chances of success. Ross McKitrick reviews the ‘hockey stick’ controversy and what it reveals about the state of climate science.

Donna Laframboise explains how activists have taken charge of the IPCC. Mark Steyn recounts the embarrassing ‘Ship of Fools’ expedition to Antarctica. Christopher Essex argues the climate system is far more complex than it has been presented and there is much that we still don’t know. Bernie Lewin examines how climate change science came to be politicised. Stewart Franks lists all the unexpected developments in climate science that were not foreseen. Anthony Watts highlights the failure of the world to warm over the past 18 years, contrary to the predictions of the IPCC. Andrew Bolt reviews the litany of failed forecasts by climate change activists.

IP Logged

Svengali
Gold Member

Please don't thank me

Re: Climate Change: The Facts
Reply #1 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:34am

Institute of public affairs is a right wing propaganda group financed by resource companies and companies which are gross unforgiving polluters.

We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change.
Serj Tankian

IP Logged

innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:36am

Svengali wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 10:34am:
Institute of public affairs is a right wing propaganda group financed by resource companies and companies which are gross unforgiving polluters.

Facts are facts though no matter who puts them forward, just because you don't like those facts doesn't mean they aren't still facts.  Wink

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #3 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:38am

Thanks for that. Looks like a worthwhile read.

I'll see if I can afford it next pension day.

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Svengali
Gold Member

Please don't thank me

Reply #4 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:38am

innocentbystander. wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 10:36am:

Facts are facts though no matter who puts them forward, just because you don't like those facts doesn't mean they aren't still facts.  Wink

No facts were evident in the nonsense innocentbystander posted. Just blather and unsupported opinion.

We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change.
Serj Tankian

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #5 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:40am

Svengali wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 10:38am:

No facts were evident in the nonsense innocentbystander posted. Just blather and unsupported opinion.

Like the 'faithful' on here spew out all the time about AGW, you mean??

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Rider
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OnTheRoad
Reply #6 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:42am

I know it is subtle, I think the tip is read the book.

However you may just roll out your inner Alinsky attack dog...your choice  Cheesy

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:53am

Rider wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 10:42am:

I know it is subtle, I think the tip is read the book.

However you may just roll out your inner Alinsky attack dog...your choice  Cheesy

he doesnt read scientific articles.  He doesnt understand them.  IN fact, the more people study the FACTS of climate change the less impressed they are with it.  I work regularly with some of australias senior environmental people and it is amazing how many think ACC is crap.  Even the beleivers in human caused climate change dont swallow the catastrophic line.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

innocentbystander.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:53am

Rider wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 10:42am:

Inner Alisnky attack dog LOL ... Chihuahua cross Poodle cross Pomeranian with a large over bite  Grin

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #9 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:05am

Is it true the Greenland ice cap collapsed about 9000 years ago causing massive climate change?

Could be wrong but I don't think there were too many of those anthropogenic vandals around at the time.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #10 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:11am

The facts (are) it is Global Warming, not climate change, a term used by the Bush Administration re-election advisors because it sounded less threatening. Another Republican think tank slogan at the time was: "Don't tell them what you want them to believe, tell them what they want to believe." They in this case are people like our so innocent bystander.

Another fact is that we have been pumping poison in ever increasing volumes into the sky since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Those who believe we can do that indefinitely are illogical or ignorant. Unfortunately, with Global Warming there are no innocent bystanders. We are all contributing whether we want to or not.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #11 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:13am

bogarde73 wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 11:05am:
Is it true the Greenland ice cap collapsed about 9000 years ago causing massive climate change?

Could be wrong but I don't think there were too many of those anthropogenic vandals around at the time.

Well it IS true that Greenland was ice-free enough to produce crops and raise livestock about 800 AD. Not sure about 9000 years ago, although it's entirely possible.

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #12 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:15am

issuevoter wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 11:11am:
The facts (are) it is Global Warming, not climate change, a term used by the Bush Administration re-election advisors because it sounded less threatening. Another Republican think tank slogan at the time was: "Don't tell them what you want them to believe, tell them what they want to believe." They in this case are people like our so innocent bystander.

Another fact is that we have been pumping poison in ever increasing volumes into the sky since the beginning of the industrial revolution. Those who believe we can do that indefinitely are illogical or ignorant. Unfortunately, with Global Warming there are no innocent bystanders. We are all contributing whether we want to or not.

Providing' of course' that Co2 (which is NOT a poison) actually has anything whatsoever to do with Global Warming.

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #13 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:20am

issuevoter wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 11:11am:

This is true but I think it is also true that volcanoes around the world have been pumping out similarly harmful materials on a greater scale and continue to do so. Stand to be corrected, ravings by the likes of Bhudda imitations excepted.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:20am

gizmo_2655 wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 11:15am:
which is NOT a poison

Who said it is a poison?  I don't think I have ever heard that before.

i mean too much will cause problems, but that is true of literally everything.

Pete Waldo wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 11:24pm:
Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print