Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Social history: memories of things past (Read 3270 times)
Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Re: Social history: memories of things past
Reply #15 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:15am

issuevoter wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 9:19pm:
NSW was one of the crookest places outside of Chicago. Bodies floating in the lakes, razor killings, police running prostitution. I remember a bloke getting cut down with an Owen gun from a passing car in Randwick.

PS Respectability was worshipped in those days, so they used to try to hush up the uglier side of Sydney.

Well, there went my travel plans.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #16 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:21am

It's better now and we can tell you where not to go.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #17 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:27am

bogarde73 wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 11:21am:

Correct.

Keep well away from South West Sydney if you don't want to wear a Hijab or a burqa.

And for gawd sake don't catch taxis with little brown men driving them. The last one I caught had an Iranian 'refugee' to Australia who was pissed off and Mad as Hell that the US and the West in general didn't want Iran to become nuclear warhead delivery-capable.

I kid you not.

And be VERY careful who you drink with. Rape-drugs being slipped into your drink has enjoyed a vogue in Sydney Town in recent years.

And (again, I kid you not) - be careful of getting AIDs from Negroes. There have been a few in court for this reason over the past few years. The immigration health checkup people have openly admitted they've only been able to do a thorough health-check on 1 in every 9 refugees coming over from east Africa.

And another thing ... Your American accent will stir up certain animosities in the huge Leftwing luvvie brigade in Australia. Be ready to hear that America is the root cause of everything that's evil and bad in this world.

Have you thought of going to Canada instead?  Cool

« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2015 at 11:36am by Lord Herbert »  

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #18 - May 22nd, 2015 at 11:33am

Lord Herbert wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 11:27am:
bogarde73 wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 11:21am:

Correct.

Keep well away from South West Sydney if you don't want to wear a Hijab or a burqa.

And for gawd sake don't catch taxis with little brown men driving them. The last one I caught had an Iranian 'refugee' to Australia who was pissed off and Mad as Hell that the US and the West in general didn't want Iran to become nuclear warhead delivery-capable.

I kid you not.

I believe that you think this happened. AS to whether it actually occurred in reality, I doubt it.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 22nd, 2015 at 12:22pm

Marla wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 11:15am:
issuevoter wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 9:19pm:
NSW was one of the crookest places outside of Chicago. Bodies floating in the lakes, razor killings, police running prostitution. I remember a bloke getting cut down with an Owen gun from a passing car in Randwick.

PS Respectability was worshipped in those days, so they used to try to hush up the uglier side of Sydney.

Well, there went my travel plans.

Come to Brisbane, Margot, we're all squeaky clean up here...

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #20 - May 22nd, 2015 at 1:55pm

cods wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 5:21pm:
what about cheese that had the rind still on it???... and would not be caught dead being wrapped in plastic...

That's it cods, fresh as a daisy and you could go into a "grocery" (not a supermarket) and have a piece cut off for you.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #21 - May 22nd, 2015 at 2:01pm

And what about when cars were distinctive? You could tell the make & model of a car straight away because a lot of actual craftsmanship went into them.

So many cars now are virtual copies of each other with a different badge.

IP Logged

Team Froggie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #22 - May 22nd, 2015 at 3:15pm

bogarde73 wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 1:55pm:
cods wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 5:21pm:
what about cheese that had the rind still on it???... and would not be caught dead being wrapped in plastic...

That's it cods, fresh as a daisy and you could go into a "grocery" (not a supermarket) and have a piece cut off for you.

And at that same grocery buy a large 'brown paper bag'** of broken biscuits.*
Now you pay $4 for a small roll of the same.

**BTW....Whatever happened to those brown paper bags?

Smiley

*Edit....For 3d....... Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2015 at 3:23pm by Team Froggie »  

"What's in store for me in the direction I don't take?"-Jack Kerouac.

IP Logged

HooYAY its FriYAY
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - May 22nd, 2015 at 3:18pm

Crackers and fireworks - i miss crackers  Sad

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 22nd, 2015 at 3:18pm

Life_goes_on wrote on May 21st, 2015 at 11:17pm:
I remember shopping at Coles and Woolies during the very early 1980's.

You were lucky to have 4 different types of cheeses.

Fruit and vegetables were strictly seasonal with a fraction of those available now being available then.

The deli sections were tiny compared to now and the range of tinned and jar items were way less than what we have been used to for a decade or two.

Rose tinted glasses and an overactive nostalgia gland.

true to a point, whilst coles and woolies had a smaller range, there were many specialty (wog) shops that sold the stuff coles and woolies were missing. Now those shops are mostly gone, and the selection and coles and woolies is slowly withering down.

Another 20 yrs we'll be back to 3 or 4, and the specialty shops will be gone.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #25 - May 22nd, 2015 at 10:57pm

bogarde73 wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 2:01pm:
And what about when cars were distinctive? You could tell the make & model of a car straight away because a lot of actual craftsmanship went into them.

So many cars now are virtual copies of each other with a different badge.

Yeah, but the warranties are better on contemporary vehicles and they are getting longer all the time.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #26 - May 23rd, 2015 at 12:31am

Not my style. Religious garb for women is largely sexist. To this day I still get asked if I still have my Catholic uniform.

Sounds tame to a New York cab driver.

And be VERY careful who you drink with. Rape-drugs being slipped into your drink has enjoyed a vogue in Sydney Town in recent years.

I don't drink. Again, not my style. No time for weed even though there are about a dozen shops that are selling it on my block alone.

And (again, I kid you not) - be careful of getting AIDs from Negroes. There have been a few in court for this reason over the past few years. The immigration health checkup people have openly admitted they've only been able to do a thorough health-check on 1 in every 9 refugees coming over from east Africa.

Um, not a problem. Besides, I like to be tied up and spanked until I laugh, then cry - all 50 Shades style only real.

And another thing ... Your American accent will stir up certain animosities in the huge Leftwing luvvie brigade in Australia. Be ready to hear that America is the root cause of everything that's evil and bad in this world.

Being from a mountain town in Colorado I have an accent? I guess a lot of people there do speak a weird form of pretentious and yuppie. I don't need to go to Australia to know America is the root cause of all the world evils. I went to school in Boulder where such ideology was taught most every day. 

Have you thought of going to Canada instead?  Cool

Lived in Winnipeg for 7 months. I would not recommend it for anyone to go beyond North Dakota border.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #27 - May 23rd, 2015 at 2:16am

It's a boring generic world nowadays. ...how very.

That's what you morons get for believing in the equality of everything. You get what you deserve. Now get back to work huh.  Grin

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 23rd, 2015 at 6:46am

Team Froggie wrote on May 22nd, 2015 at 3:15pm:
**BTW....Whatever happened to those brown paper bags?

The pollies used them for passing bribe money so they went out of favour.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

gladys

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - May 23rd, 2015 at 8:36am

My apologies for forgetting the cake the other day Dame Pansi but Ted was a real handful if you know what i mean.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print