Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
How old is your TV set? (Read 3363 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Re: How old is your TV set?
Reply #15 - May 16th, 2015 at 3:53pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 16th, 2015 at 1:40pm:
I have a 20 inch flat screen tv that I watch my dvds in my bedroom, hooked up to my cd player for surround sound quality, whilst I lay in bed.

I also have a 26 inch flat screen television that I watch the free to air tv, out in the lounge room.

I have bought myself a Blu Ray player last year, that I consider an early Christmas present to myself. However, I'm still trying to get myself motivated to clean my bedroom enough to rearrange the stereo and replace the old dvd player. Intention is to hook the dvd player up to the lounge television, and use the blu ray for the bedroom television. [/quote]

I've had two blu-ray DVD-Player/Recorders for years now, but my old CRT Non-HDefinition Panasonic TV doesn't show the improvement, of course.

I'm up for a $6000 cataract-removal op in a couple of years time, so I'm not in the mood to buy an HD TV yet.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #16 - May 19th, 2015 at 2:10am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 16th, 2015 at 1:41pm:
Marla wrote on May 16th, 2015 at 1:05pm:
I don't even own a TV.

I suppose Marna watches her television on her computer? Something that is increasingly common amongst people.

It's M-A-R-L-A god damn it.

I rarely watch any television on any device. (American) sit-coms are just...terrible. Yes, I'm talking to you fans of the dismal 'Big Bang Theory' And I'll occasionally watch a football game merely for the betting. What else is the NFL good for?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Carl D
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rivervale, Perth
Reply #17 - May 19th, 2015 at 2:45am

One 32 inch LCD TV in the living room.

One 21.5 inch LCD TV in the bedroom (with the computer, blu-ray recorder/player connected to it.

I also have a Seleco DLP projector (not hi def) that I've had for about 15 years... haven't used it for several years now. I'll have to hook it up one day and try it out again.

Marla wrote on May 19th, 2015 at 2:10am:
It's M-A-R-L-A god damn it.

lol... don't worry about them, Marla. I think they're doing it deliberately (or they need glasses). I've seen 'Maria' and 'Marna' so far. Have I missed any?  Smiley

Oh, and I definitely think Big Bang Theory is past it's use by date. In my opinion, it was OK until Amy and Bernadette joined as regulars... it was all downhill from there. I have nothing against Mayim Bialik (Amy) and Melissa Rauch (Bernadette) as actresses, of course.

"Masks are sand in the gears of the economy" - some f-wit pollie or big business CEO.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #18 - May 19th, 2015 at 8:09am

I don't "get" the appeal of 'Big Bang Theory' I guess racist, misogynist sexist jokes are really funny when you pipe in an annoying laugh track. The acting is just as deplorable. Typecast one-trick pony actors who can barely read their scripts much less understand them.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 19th, 2015 at 8:11am

Marla wrote on May 19th, 2015 at 8:09am:
I don't "get" the appeal of 'Big Bang Theory' I guess racist, misogynist sexist jokes are really funny when you pipe in an annoying laugh track. The acting is just as deplorable. Typecast one-trick pony actors who can barely read their scripts much less understand them.
It sounds like you aint getting any Marla. You sound frustrated.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #20 - May 19th, 2015 at 8:17am

Don't let me stop you from watching your brain dead show.

IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - May 19th, 2015 at 8:20am

Marla wrote on May 19th, 2015 at 8:17am:
Don't let me stop you from watching your brain dead show.
I don't watch your American crap. We actually do things in Australia instead of  eating greasy s hit junk food and building up a big fat ass.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #22 - May 19th, 2015 at 8:23am

Like what, hump kangaroos and masturbate to Kylie Minogue?

Don't even start with nationalism and stereotypes with me. Not worth the effort. I just don't care.

IP Logged

double plus good
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - May 19th, 2015 at 8:26am

Marla wrote on May 19th, 2015 at 8:23am:

Don't even start with nationalism and stereotypes with me. Not worth the effort. I just don't care. 
I bet you are big and fat like most americans?? Masturbate over kylie Minouge. Oh yeah!!!!! Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Tongue Tongue Kiss Kiss I'm sick of using your photo.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #24 - May 19th, 2015 at 8:31am

You know, I never met an Australian I didn't like.

Until now.

IP Logged

The Heartless Felon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 19th, 2015 at 8:54am

Marla wrote on May 19th, 2015 at 8:23am:

Root, Marina, not hump, root...and I'm not a Kylie fan.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #26 - May 19th, 2015 at 8:55am

Root? That sounds so...so wrong.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #27 - May 19th, 2015 at 8:59am

Lord Herbert wrote on May 16th, 2015 at 3:53pm:
I have bought myself a Blu Ray player last year, that I consider an early Christmas present to myself. However, I'm still trying to get myself motivated to clean my bedroom enough to rearrange the stereo and replace the old dvd player. Intention is to hook the dvd player up to the lounge television, and use the blu ray for the bedroom television.

I've had two blu-ray DVD-Player/Recorders for years now, but my old CRT Non-HDefinition Panasonic TV doesn't show the improvement, of course.

I'm up for a $6000 cataract-removal op in a couple of years time, so I'm not in the mood to buy an HD TV yet.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 19th, 2015 at 8:59am

Marla wrote on May 19th, 2015 at 8:55am:
Root? That sounds so...so wrong.

then you're probably not doing it right
Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #29 - May 19th, 2015 at 9:04am

Carl D wrote on May 19th, 2015 at 2:45am:
lol... don't worry about them, Marla. I think they're doing it deliberately (or they need glasses). I've seen 'Maria' and 'Marna' so far. Have I missed any?  Smiley

It's actually spelt (Amer. spelled) 'Mala', but let's not quibble. My grandmother was called 'Mala'.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print