Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Taxpayer Funded Creationist Propaganda. (Read 5598 times)
Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Re: Taxpayer Funded Creationist Propaganda.
Reply #15 - May 13th, 2015 at 1:41am

The shifting of responsibility seems to be a reason to believe in some outer controller to me.

The religious continue to be burdens upon society.

« Last Edit: May 13th, 2015 at 8:13pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #16 - May 13th, 2015 at 8:44pm

Well The Australian got all their facts wrong in the initial story, what a useless rag that is, not even soft enough to wipe yer bum, totally useless.

The film cost 452k, and they claimed just under 100k tax rebate. Tax rebates on films are provided, irrespective of content, to avoid claims of censorship, which is understandable, so while I would not want to see public money spent this way, it is not too big a deal.

Of far greater concern to me is the Tax Free status afforded religions. THAT is something we should campaign to see stopped.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - May 13th, 2015 at 9:53pm

mozzaok wrote on May 13th, 2015 at 8:44pm:
The film cost 452k, and they claimed just under 100k tax rebate.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what the story said.

mozzaok wrote on May 13th, 2015 at 8:44pm:
Of far greater concern to me is the Tax Free status afforded religions. THAT is something we should campaign to see stopped.

Agreed.

Pete Waldo wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 11:24pm:
Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #18 - May 14th, 2015 at 12:11am

Yes I agree. 
What was once a fairly limited field..ie major religions..  now encompasses all manner of other rorts.

As for the major churches..?? they SHOULD pay TAX.  They have enough money already!!!   Angry Roll Eyes
Ahh.. but they do good deeds, and help people, they say.

They run their welfare policy on donations..!!! 

This issue with the major religions? Let's just say.. Christianity, for example.. all claim a 'higher calling'.

Their priests aren't employees...  they have a Calling.
They claim this is not a business, but they certainly hold a lot of wealth and assets in this world. IF it's all for the good of the people, ALL THEIR GOLD SHOULD BE SHARED WITH THE NEEDY..but that doesn't happen.

live every day

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - May 14th, 2015 at 11:27am

I have no problem with churches running tax except charities, as long they abide by the same rules that other charities have to (non discrimination etc.), but for other purposes they should be.

Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #20 - May 23rd, 2015 at 3:20am

Emma wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 12:11am:
Yes I agree. 
What was once a fairly limited field..ie major religions..  now encompasses all manner of other rorts.

As for the major churches..?? they SHOULD pay TAX.  They have enough money already!!!   Angry Roll Eyes
Ahh.. but they do good deeds, and help people, they say.

They run their welfare policy on donations..!!! 

This issue with the major religions? Let's just say.. Christianity, for example.. all claim a 'higher calling'.

Their priests aren't employees...  they have a Calling.
They claim this is not a business, but they certainly hold a lot of wealth and assets in this world. IF it's all for the good of the people, ALL THEIR GOLD SHOULD BE SHARED WITH THE NEEDY..but that doesn't happen.

Exactly.
They all purport their production to humanity to be within the finding of god.

We're all adults, we can find our god as well as the next person if we so desire. There's plenty of free information out there without having to rely on some kiddy fiddling creature to teach right from wrong.

The greedy self-serving Vatican does 2 10th's of stuff all towards being Christ-like. They feather their own nest with bs that even a 90yr old would not believe on the internet.

It's about time we called religions on their bs and made them earn a real wage like the rest of us have had to.

IP Logged

gone
Gold Member

Australian Politics

somewhere
Reply #21 - May 23rd, 2015 at 7:49am

Religion is policy.

In Islam the women are obliged to give sex to their husbands. In some Muslim countries this rule has been turned into law. I've read it is 4 times a week minimum.

No wonder Islam is growing rapidly in  the world, as a direct result of Western feminism. The females of the West stopped giving sex, the child birth rate dropped, the families mostly destroyed, the whole Western society is going downhill. But Islam - where the natural balance of the sexes is intact - is growing strongly and filling in all the vacuums the feminists and poofters have left behind...

IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - May 23rd, 2015 at 8:01am

gone wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 7:49am:
In Islam the women are obliged to give sex to their husbands.

not just Islam, many cultures have this, including those who follow Christianity to the letter

Quote:
The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. 5Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

gone wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 7:49am:
In some Muslim countries this rule has been turned into law.

It is law in many countries, and was in Australia up until 1992.  There are many countries of all religions where marital rape is not a crime.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #23 - May 25th, 2015 at 12:51am

Sadly that is true..

Fundamentalists of most, if not all, persuasions are run by Men,  and they are simply continuing to do what has been done for millenia.

That is no excuse to propagate hatred and division.

Have we gotten nowhere in this current civilisation.? Remember..many have come before us,  and are now GONE.

Now,  don't you think,  given all we have achieved as a species technologically, that we should have enough awareness of our fellow humans to treat them as  valid real humans that are our equals..? 

Hmmmmm .. no, we act as a society just like chimps with a keyboard.

live every day

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #24 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:55pm

This Topic was moved here from Atheism by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print