Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33
Send Topic Print
Abbott and Liberal Party were correct. AGW BS (Read 25340 times)
Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: Abbott and Liberal Party were correct. AGW BS
Reply #300 - May 24th, 2015 at 2:21pm

Chimp_Logic wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 1:26pm:
Ajax wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 9:38am:
Chimp_Logic & deathridesahorse your both lost without muso aren't you.

Earth is a water planet, water dominates CLIMATE CHANGE here on Earth and water in the atmosphere in the form of water vapour and clouds is the dominant greenhouse gas.

Water vapour and clouds are responsible for 95% of the greenhouse effect.

The other greenhouse gases, all of them including CO2 are trace gases meaning they are present in very small amounts.

These greenhouse gases only make up 1% of the greenhouse effect.

From that one percent man's contribution of CO2 is again so small it wouldn't make any difference.

Watch from the 54 minute mark for explanation..

Salby's crack pot theory has already being refuted and exposed on the basis of a serious lack of understanding of simple scientific principles

Have you ever wondered why you continue to quote YoutTube Videos as authoritative analyses?

Thats what happens when you allow your own paranoia and political bas insanity inform your opinions. And your so called opinions aren't even yours anyway.

you should be ashamed of yourself Batman

absolutely ashamed of yourself

What are you talking about you silly silly chimp.

Are you saying that the energy budget he presents in that video is wrong or deceitful...???

If that's what you're implying then you and my furry friend Cerberus (DRAH) are a good match mentally.

Both pea brains...LOL..... Shocked

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Chimp_Logic
Gold Member

πολιτικός

Mawson Base
Reply #301 - May 24th, 2015 at 4:51pm

Ajax wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 2:21pm:
What are you talking about you silly silly chimp.

Are you saying that the energy budget he presents in that video is wrong or deceitful...???

If that's what you're implying then you and my furry friend Cerberus (DRAH) are a good match mentally.

Both pea brains...LOL..... Shocked

what I suggest that you do Mr Batcrap is look at the entire lunacy the the Salby maniac is painting for you denialist clowns.

Havent you read Salby's complete fraud thesis?

Laughable pseudo science.

And thats exactly what you are Ajax - a disciple of the Great Dr Sircus, the Easterbrook bunny and the Salby maniac freak maggot.

Do you even understand what these snake oil salesmen are pitching and who they work for?

Your illness is worsening batCrap

You do realise Ajax that we can never really be friends if you preach lies in public and dress in a fake costume with ridiculous blinking excrement eyes?

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness

IP Logged

John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #302 - May 24th, 2015 at 7:43pm

lee wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 12:22pm:
John_Taverner wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 11:43am:
Explain what you mean. You are the one trying to put a case against the bulk of scientific knowledge.

Just for you. From the GRACE pages.

'WHAT IS THE UNCERTAINTY IN THIS GIA MODEL?
The uncertainty is about +/- 20%.
The 20% value is somewhat ad-hoc, and comes from looking at results for various viscosity values and alternative deglaciation models for Antarctica and Greenland. This +/-20% probably over-estimates the uncertainty in northern Canada, where the deglaciation history is reasonably well-known; and it probably underestimates the uncertainty in Antarctica and Greenland, where the ice history is not as well-known. Plus, if you happen to be looking at a region where the model is close to zero because it is a transition region from large positive values to large negative values, then +/-20% of near-zero values is likely to underestimate the uncertainty.'

http://grace.jpl.nasa.gov/data/pgr/

So Antarctica is likely to have error bars higher than +/- 20%. But they don't know what they are.

But they have the utmost confidence that ice loss is  'net mass balance at -71 ± 53 gigatonnes per year.'

http://www.antarcticglaciers.org/glaciers-and-climate/antarctic-ice-sheet-surfac...

And all this predicated partly on a model on which they don't know the error bars. This is sometimes referred to as Scientific Wild Assed Guess, or SWAG.

Even if it was 71-53, the maximum error, that still leaves a negative ice balance.

What are you saying?

Do you have the latest POOMA based figures from Jo Nova  or Anthony Watts?   

All I've heard as an alternative is that the sea ice figures have increased.  This is just a predictable consequence of increased continental ice melt.

72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #303 - May 24th, 2015 at 7:45pm

Chimp_Logic wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 4:51pm:
what I suggest that you do Mr Batcrap is look at the entire lunacy the the Salby maniac is painting for you denialist clowns.

Sorry, I'm new here. Are you saying that Ajax and Sir Bobby are the same person?

72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

Chimp_Logic
Gold Member

πολιτικός

Mawson Base
Reply #304 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:08pm

John_Taverner wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 7:45pm:

Sorry, I'm new here. Are you saying that Ajax and Sir Bobby are the same person?

are you new here?

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)
Dr Sircus cures cancer with Baking Soda and Magnesium - Jethro the MENTAL GIANT & his flute madness

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #305 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:10pm

John_Taverner wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 7:43pm:
Even if it was 71-53, the maximum error, that still leaves a negative ice balance.

What are you saying?

Why don't you read and comprehend. GRACE says that the error bands are not reliable for Antarctica and gives no estimates for what it should be for Antarctica. But despite this still come up with a figure.

"We don't have an error band for this, but trust us"?

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #306 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:35pm

John_Taverner wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 7:45pm:

No, they're not the same person. Chimp hasn't figured that out yet, though.

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #307 - May 24th, 2015 at 8:35pm

lee wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
John_Taverner wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 7:43pm:

What are you saying?

Why don't you read and comprehend. GRACE says that the error bands are not reliable for Antarctica and gives no estimates for what it should be for Antarctica. But despite this still come up with a figure.

"We don't have an error band for this, but trust us"?

- but it still agrees very closely with the latest IceSat  and other survey data.

What is the source of the  data? I have a feeling it's from an old study, because the data I have is 69±18 Gigatonnes per year.

There have been progressive improvements in the GIA data in recent years.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2015 at 8:42pm by John_Taverner »  
72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #308 - May 24th, 2015 at 9:11pm

JT, GRACE haven't updated their page, which suggests that they are no closer.

IP Logged

Chimp_Logic
Gold Member

πολιτικός

Mawson Base
Reply #309 - May 24th, 2015 at 9:31pm

Is John Taverner new here?

Mini Ice Age (2014-2029)

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #310 - May 24th, 2015 at 10:03pm

Soren wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 10:52am:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 9:32pm:
Soren wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 9:12pm:
John_Taverner wrote on May 23rd, 2015 at 3:25pm:
What about the actual crux of radiative forcing?  Don't you want to talk about how that tiny proportion of CO2 affects Long wave Infrared back scatter or stuff like that? 

What are the thoughts of the Wise Sir Soren?

Yeah, what about it?

Why don't you explain how 0.0192% of the atmospheric CO2 rules over the entire climate system?

You seem to be confident about knowing how that works. Why don't you tell us.

Go on.

Balance buddy: CO2 comes in and out of the water everyday yet it is the water vapour that is in cycle and it is the CO2 that is being mechanically injected into the system falsely creating more water vapour than would naturally occur for the given prevailing conditions.

We all know the science is accepted and you are just playing pause button politics to maximise retooling time.... the kids know about the concepts of the diminishing returns of jevons paradox which won't pass your lips ever because you're a complete joke unable to handle facts !!!!! Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Balance: yeh, that's the one the crack smokers never learn until the big guys walk in  Grin Grin Grin Grin (oh wait that's why all the crack smokers sit around in daddys spare rental for all those boring decades  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes)

Tell me more about how 0.0192% of the atmosphere  is the crucial thing in the balance of all the things that make up the climate; specifically, how much extra water vapour does the human CoE that comprises 0.0192% of the atmopheric gases create?

No: do your own homework!

Cheesy Cheesy

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #311 - May 24th, 2015 at 10:56pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 10:03pm:
What about the actual crux of radiative forcing?  Don't you want to talk about how that tiny proportion of CO2 affects Long wave Infrared back scatter or stuff like that? 

Yeah, what about it?

Why don't you explain how 0.0192% of the atmospheric CO2 rules over the entire climate system?

Go on.

Balance buddy: CO2 comes in and out of the water everyday yet it is the water vapour that is in cycle and it is the CO2 that is being mechanically injected into the system falsely creating more water vapour than would naturally occur for the given prevailing conditions.

We all know the science is accepted and you are just playing pause button politics to maximise retooling time.... the kids know about the concepts of the diminishing returns of jevons paradox which won't pass your lips ever because you're a complete joke unable to handle facts !!!!! Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

Balance: yeh, that's the one the crack smokers never learn until the big guys walk in  Grin Grin Grin Grin (oh wait that's why all the crack smokers sit around in daddys spare rental for all those boring decades  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes)

Tell me more about how 0.0192% of the atmosphere  is the crucial thing in the balance of all the things that make up the climate; specifically, how much extra water vapour does the human CoE that comprises 0.0192% of the atmopheric gases create?

Cheesy Cheesy

So: you have NO idea then Grin Grin Grin Grin

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #312 - May 25th, 2015 at 7:48am

You seem to be having some difficulty. I conducted a search and found this material, which seems to be more appropriate to your level of understanding.
http://climatekids.nasa.gov/

No need to thank me. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2015 at 8:19am by John_Taverner »  
72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #313 - May 25th, 2015 at 11:59am

gizmo_2655 wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 10:56pm:
So: you have NO idea then Grin Grin Grin Grin

i know Tony Abbott and the fascist liberal voters got caught trying to sell out the University of Western Australias global reputation to a (!global) political activist who wants to argue that fossil fuels should be allowed to warm our kids earth by 3 degrees instead of 2 and you can't pretend he didn't!

That's what I know buddy so bring it on fellla  Wink Wink

Tony Abbott and the liberal voters of Australia got publicly laughed at by the toffs themselves and told very publicly that this state of WA floats the nation so why don't you eat that one in question time until the election  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

** hey, imagine having copper internet as a legacy to your kids whilst simultaneously trying to tell them we built the asian century and that's why your own kids have to pass their mortgage on to your grandkids ... thanks dad yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i wish i had business acumen and conveniently forgot to tell everyone that primary industry concentrates wealth and that jevons paradox is a big secret  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

C'mon smart guy BRING IT ON NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW  Grin

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #314 - May 25th, 2015 at 12:47pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on May 24th, 2015 at 10:03pm:

Yeah, what about it?

Go on.

Cheesy Cheesy

I have done my homework and said that it is ridiculous to blame 0.0192% of atmospheric gases (the amount of human CO2 in the atmosphere) for climate change.

If you are ridiculous enough to still maintain that that tiny proportion of only one of the climate factors is responsible for climate change then you'd better explain it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 33
Send Topic Print