Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Will you vaccinate or not? (Read 16381 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Will you vaccinate or not?
Reply #105 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 10:51pm

Ok, Ive been beaten by experience. must remember old Monkey magic saying in future. "only a fool argues with a fool"

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #106 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:00pm

double post ... whoopsies

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:01pm

mothra wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:00pm:
rhino wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 10:51pm:
Ok, Ive been beaten by experience. must remember old Monkey magic saying in future. "only a fool argues with a fool"

I think Honky is right when he says that sovereignty of your body is inviolable.

It's written into our constitution that nobody may be forced to undertake any medical procedures. Making payments that people depend upon for existence conditional of them submitting to procedures they oppose is a form of force.

Despite my opinions on whether or not vaccinations are safe, effective, worth it or to be recommended, i oppose this measure.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #108 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:24pm

I don't think the measures they're introducing are unfair, it's a bit of give and take and I don't think will make much difference one way or the other.  But I will strongly oppose any attempt to make it compulsory, and anybody who values themselves will too.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #109 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:26pm

... wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:24pm:
I don't think the measures they're introducing are unfair, it's a bit of give and take.  But I will strongly oppose any attempt to make it mandatory, and anybody who values themselves will too.

It cannot be made mandatory. It's written in the constitution.

I think the measures they are taking make it pretty close to mandatory for a whole bunch of folk ... and i oppose this.

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:14am

when ancient tribes started dying out due to these diseases entire villages would be isolated...

and this is what we should do to these disease ridden anti vaxors and their little disease ridden bastard children...

we need to fence off the ACT and all of the anti vaxors and inbred children thrown in there to fend for themselves...

no welfare, no services... just fend for yourselves living off the land...  Angry

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 9:29am

mothra wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 11:01pm:
I think Honky is right when he says that sovereignty of your body is inviolable.

Absolutely (with parents and legal guardians making the decisions for children, of course).

It's written into our constitution that nobody may be forced to undertake any medical procedures.

Section 51. The Government can't authorise any form of civil conscription.

Despite my opinions on whether or not vaccinations are safe, effective, worth it or to be recommended, i oppose this measure.

Ditto.

And I wouldn't tell anyone what to do with their children (that's a dangerous practice). Vaccinate, or don't vaccinate - it's their choice.

Each parent needs to make their own informed decision on what's the best course of action for each individual child.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #112 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 1:23pm

... wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 10:26pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 10:21pm:
you had your numbers ... not my fault they made you look foolish. You don't get to ignore the numbers just because you  don't like them.

Put up relevant and correct numbers. This has been explained to you already, ralph. I even spoonfed you instructions on what you needed to do to establish even the most basic premise of your case. 

numbers were relevant ... you just don't like them because they don't support your position Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Tap

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:06pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 4:13pm:
Tap wrote on Apr 23rd, 2015 at 3:54pm:
I also think the Government's stance on taxation benefits or various benefits being reliant on vaccination is a great idea, but it should also be combined with unvaccinated children not being permitted to attend school until all vaccinations are up to date.
If that doesn't move the nonbelievers to compliance, then couple it with a $100.00 per day penalty, per child, until they vaccinate.
If that doesn't move them to cooperation & compliance, then home detention for the parent in lieu of actual imprisonment could be a next step.
The last step would then be taking the children into protective custody, & then vaccinate them before returning them to their parents.

Problem solved, beers for everyone (vaccinated that is).

Sounds like a good idea.

Moreover, the Government officers in charge of this "Health Care" program could be issued with an official uniform.

Thoughts?

If all it took was wearing your uniform to get children vaccinated so to protect the overwhelming majority of our country's children at risk of avoidable disease & sickness, so be it. That choice is easy.

Have a beer on me mate.

IP Logged

Tap

Australian Politics

Reply #114 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:26pm

It's written into our constitution that nobody may be forced to undertake any medical procedures.

Can you cite the exact quote stating this & it's location in the constitution?

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:28pm

Tap wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:26pm:

Can you cite it's location in the constitution?

I already did.

Section 51, from memory.

xxiiiA

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #116 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:33pm

There's a lot to be said for the introduction of "Re-education Camps".

....and schools... proper schools....like the old foster schools... for the children of those who are sent to the camps for 5,10,15 years etc.

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #117 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:41pm

Tap wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 6:26pm:

Can you cite the exact quote stating this & it's location in the constitution?

Did you find it yet?

"The Parliament shall, subject to this Constitution, have power to make laws for the peace, order, and good government of the Commonwealth with respect to: ...

" ... the provision of maternity allowances, widows' pensions, child endowment, unemployment, pharmaceutical, sickness and hospital benefits, medical and dental services (but not so as to authorize any form of civil conscription) ... "

COMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA CONSTITUTION ACT - SECT 51, (xxiiiA)

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/coaca430/s51.html

IP Logged

Tap

Australian Politics

Reply #118 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:00pm

Quote:
(xxiiiA)  the provision of maternity allowances, widows' pensions, child endowment, unemployment, pharmaceutical, sickness and hospital benefits, medical and dental services (but not so as to authorize any form of civil conscription), benefits to students and family allowances;

That's it, that's where it says you can't be forced to be vaccinated?
So if someone had a communicable disease like Ebola, & if the patient said she didn't want to be placed in quarantine for tratment, the government can't force that on her in order to protect the greater Australian population?
Your grounds sound as loose as loose can be, to me.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:07pm

Tap wrote on Apr 24th, 2015 at 7:00pm:
Quote:
(xxiiiA)  the provision of maternity allowances, widows' pensions, child endowment, unemployment, pharmaceutical, sickness and hospital benefits, medical and dental services (but not so as to authorize any form of civil conscription), benefits to students and family allowances;

That's it, that's where it says you can't be forced to be vaccinated?

So if someone had a communicable disease like Ebola, & if the patient said she didn't want to be placed in quarantine for tratment, the government can't force that on her in order to protect the Australian population?

Your grounds sound as loose as loose can be, to me.

Let's not bring Sir Booby into the conversation.

I believe that section has been interpreted to mean that, basically, the Government can't force doctors to bulk bill.

It's a little too vague for me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 18
Send Topic Print