Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Hoax fools wannabe jihadis (Read 2077 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Hoax fools wannabe jihadis
Apr 18th, 2015 at 6:54pm

An internet impostor has fooled dozens of followers of radical hate preacher Junaid Thorne into revealing their thirst for violence against Australian-based targets including newspaper cartoonists, Jewish groups and other innocent civilians.

Security agencies are now reviewing material gathered by the anonymous impostor who set up a fake Twitter account pretending to be Thorne this month.

Within days more than 160 people had followed the account and many discussed openly with the impostor the idea of bombing Jewish organisations based in Sydney, as well as threats to carry out Charlie Hebdo-style attacks on cartoonists Larry Pickering and Bill Leak.

Both men drew cartoons featuring the prophet Mohammed after the attack on the French satirical newspaper in January which left 12 people dead including cartoonists, journalists and police officers.

In one exchange with a Thorne follower, the impostor asked whether the individual was planning to kill Leak and Pickering.

The follower, who goes by the Twitter name IslamicStateAU, replied that they knew where the two men lived and said their addresses had been passed on to "some brothers" who would carry out the attack.

"It will be a repeat of Charlie Hebdo," the follower said.

In other discussions, followers declared their support for Sydney's deadly Lindt Chocolate Cafe siege by Islamic State supporter Man Haron Monis in December.

"The Lindt cafe operation was just the beginning. We will conquer Australia," a follower calling himself Hassan Ali IS told the fake Thorne.

Another follower, calling himself Akhi AlAustralia, said he was saving up his money to leave Australia and join Islamic State.

When the real Thorne became aware of the fake account early this week, he posted a warning on his Facebook page telling followers not to communicate with the person behind the account.

But new followers were still being attracted to the fake site yesterday.

The impostor - who claims he is in America - declined to reveal his identity to _The Weekend West _, saying he was concerned for his safety.

All material provided by the man to the newspaper was forwarded on his behalf to relevant authorities as soon as it was received. What evidentiary value it provides remains to be seen because many of the threats may be just cyber chest puffing.

But the fake account has exposed the deep hatred many of Thorne's followers harbour towards non-Muslim Australians.

Thorne's real Twitter account was suspended in February because of his radical views.

He has now opened a new account in a bid to direct his followers away from the hoax.

Anyone with information can call the National Security Hotline on 1800 123 400.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/latest/a/27172420/hoax-fools-wannabe-jihadis/

Dangerous, stupid bastards. They are sitting next to you in traffic, on the train but mostly at the dole office.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Hoax fools wannabe jihadis
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 6:57pm

Soren wrote on Apr 18th, 2015 at 6:54pm:
the impostor asked whether the individual was planning to kill Leak and Pickering.

see, they're not all bad. Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 6:59pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 18th, 2015 at 6:57pm:
the impostor asked whether the individual was planning to kill Leak and Pickering.

I do hope they don't offer to kill Herbie and Soren...

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 7:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 18th, 2015 at 6:59pm:

That's two c Vnts in two posts.
You DO come out of the woodwork, dontcha?

Do I hear 3?  Halitosis (Bad Breath), you there?

IP Logged

Happy Lucky
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 7:50pm

Muslims aren't known for being very smart. What a pack of dummies!!!!! ASIO will have a field day with this info. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 8:02pm

Soren wrote on Apr 18th, 2015 at 7:45pm:

don't like front bottoms Soren ?... prefer dick do you? no worries, happy lucky is here now

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 8:16pm

John Smith wrote on Apr 18th, 2015 at 8:02pm:

don't like nice people Soren ?... prefer dick do you? no worries, happy lucky is here now

No double dipping Gino, you had your beta male faggotry registered already.

Or are you trying to raise?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 8:50pm

Soren wrote on Apr 18th, 2015 at 8:16pm:

don't like nice people Soren ?... prefer dick do you? no worries, happy lucky is here now

You go back to bed, old boy. I don't want to have to tell you again.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 8:54pm

I do love how you automatically resort to ad hominem when you hear someone saying they don't want you killed by some Islamist nut job, Soren.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2015 at 9:26pm

Soren wrote on Apr 18th, 2015 at 8:16pm:

only thing I've ever had to do with faggots is when I chat to you on Ozpolitics .... i didn't even know there was a register ... Was it compulsory or did you register voluntarily?

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #10 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 7:48am

Quote:
Another follower, calling himself Akhi AlAustralia

'brother of Australia' - well thats nice - clearly he loves his country.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

wally1
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 9:25am

An internet impostor has fooled dozens of followers of radical hate preacher Junaid Thorne into revealing their thirst for violence against Australian-based targets including newspaper cartoonists, Jewish groups and other innocent civilians.

Security agencies are now reviewing material gathered by the anonymous impostor who set up a fake Twitter account pretending to be Thorne this month.

Within days more than 160 people had followed the account and many discussed openly with the impostor the idea of bombing Jewish organisations based in Sydney, as well as threats to carry out Charlie Hebdo-style attacks on cartoonists Larry Pickering and Bill Leak.

Both men drew cartoons featuring the prophet Mohammed after the attack on the French satirical newspaper in January which left 12 people dead including cartoonists, journalists and police officers.

In one exchange with a Thorne follower, the impostor asked whether the individual was planning to kill Leak and Pickering.

The follower, who goes by the Twitter name IslamicStateAU, replied that they knew where the two men lived and said their addresses had been passed on to "some brothers" who would carry out the attack.

"It will be a repeat of Charlie Hebdo," the follower said.

In other discussions, followers declared their support for Sydney's deadly Lindt Chocolate Cafe siege by Islamic State supporter Man Haron Monis in December.

"The Lindt cafe operation was just the beginning. We will conquer Australia," a follower calling himself Hassan Ali IS told the fake Thorne.

Another follower, calling himself Akhi AlAustralia, said he was saving up his money to leave Australia and join Islamic State.

When the real Thorne became aware of the fake account early this week, he posted a warning on his Facebook page telling followers not to communicate with the person behind the account.

But new followers were still being attracted to the fake site yesterday.

The impostor - who claims he is in America - declined to reveal his identity to _The Weekend West _, saying he was concerned for his safety.

All material provided by the man to the newspaper was forwarded on his behalf to relevant authorities as soon as it was received. What evidentiary value it provides remains to be seen because many of the threats may be just cyber chest puffing.

But the fake account has exposed the deep hatred many of Thorne's followers harbour towards non-Muslim Australians.

Thorne's real Twitter account was suspended in February because of his radical views.

He has now opened a new account in a bid to direct his followers away from the hoax.

Anyone with information can call the National Security Hotline on 1800 123 400.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/latest/a/27172420/hoax-fools-wannabe-jihadis/

Dangerous, stupid bastards. They are sitting next to you in traffic, on the train but mostly at the dole office.

How do we know that the people replying to the twitter accounts where not fake aswell you troll?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #12 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 11:07am

An internet impostor
has fooled dozens of followers of radical hate preacher Junaid Thorne into revealing their thirst for violence against Australian-based targets including newspaper cartoonists, Jewish groups and other innocent civilians.

Security agencies are now reviewing material gathered by the anonymous impostor who set up a fake Twitter account pretending to be Thorne this month.....

LOL

It is definitely those sneaky Zionists, who are at work again here !

I have absolutely no doubt that ASIO is riddled with secret Mossad agents, who are trying to smear the good name of ISLAM and peaceful moslems in Australia !

Can't you see, that it is those cunning Zionists, that are behind this slander against peace loving moslems !!!!

Allah NOT Akbar!!!!!

Cheesy            Grin    

Google;
"Peace summarises everything in Islam"

« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2015 at 11:23am by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 19th, 2015 at 11:15pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 19th, 2015 at 7:48am:
Quote:
Another follower, calling himself Akhi AlAustralia

'brother of Australia' - well thats nice - clearly he loves his country.

Oh, yes.

Carpetbomb them, ban them, kill them, nuke them, and now -

Assassinate them.

We have a few jolly jihadis on this very board, no?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:24pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 18th, 2015 at 8:54pm:

I do love how you automatically resort to ad hominem when you hear someone saying they don't want you killed by some Islamist nut job, Soren.   Roll Eyes

The thing with you, Brain, is that you have no substance. You are all shallow surface, so addressing that is all one has. You are just a name, a hominem, with nothing else - no ideas, no argument, no substance, no depths. You are all surface.

« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2015 at 7:36pm by Soren »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print