Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
World trade is down 10% year on year (Read 651 times)
Svengali
Gold Member

Please don't thank me

World trade is down 10% year on year
Apr 1st, 2015 at 1:15pm

That is a big fall. Some is probably due to resource prices, especially oil which may be the main cause for the dip in the curve around end 2014. Trade decline portends low consumer demand and very slow recovery.

The chart below shows trade down by 40% since the peaks of 2008 and 2010 either side of the 2009 collapse due to GFC.

You can bet that arms and munitions sales are not down.

Some of the problems are caused by USA sanctions against a large number of countries, especially Russia.

A big effect will be the diminished capital investment by oil companies in response to low oil prices. Similarly for other resource investments.

Such trends are not easily reversed and the outlook for 2016 and 2017 will be low growth rates by low consumer demand and low investment.

http://atimes.com/2015/03/world-exports-down-10-yoy-in-dollar-volume-is-bad-news...

Quote:
It’s not the Great Crash of 2008, but it’s worrying: Year on year, world trade was down more than 10% between January 2014 and January 2015. That’s mostly price movements, to be sure, but the collapse of export prices in dollar terms reduces capacity to service dollar debt. Deficit = death in this kind of market. Stick with surplus-earning countries like China.

That’s why we keep seeing explosions in emerging market debt, including bonds widely held by mutual funds. Yield piggyness motivated by collapsing yields for safe instruments drove investors into the emerging market morass, which turns out to be loaded with land mines. Banco Mercantil do Brasil, one of Brazil’s largest lenders, saw its bond prices collapse to below half of face value after setting aside enormous amounts for loan losses.

« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2015 at 1:56pm by Svengali »  

We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change.
Serj Tankian

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: World trade is down 10% year on year
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 7:24pm

World economy is still gliding, but has no power and no control over the aerodynamic surfaces..... a crash is inevitable.

"Ah, Mr President, how are your controls?  You've taken a lot of damage that I can see."

"They're .. uh.. sluggish and heavy."

"OK.. let me drop back and check out your control surfaces."

**whooooosh of jet flying along**

"Ah, Mr President.. Angel Flight One.. your rudder and vertical stabiliser are shot to hell, Sir..... you're still losing fuel, and your ailerons are not responding to your movements.. your hydraulics are losing fluid, Sir........... Sir... you aren't going to be able to land in that condition.... I'm sorry... we're out of options."

"Well.. thanks for the help, Angel Flight"....

"Sir!"

**looks over at F-15, now alongside again**

"You did good, Sir.  I'm proud to have flown with you!"

**salutes President on Air Force One**....

**returns salute**

"Thank you... I think, Colonel!"

"The pleasure was all mine, Sir."

"Well.. thanks anyway."

« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2015 at 7:31pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Svengali
Gold Member

Please don't thank me

Reply #2 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 9:38pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 7:24pm:
World economy is still gliding, but has no power and no control over the aerodynamic surfaces..... a crash is inevitable.

"Ah, Mr President, how are your controls?  You've taken a lot of damage that I can see."

"They're .. uh.. sluggish and heavy."

"OK.. let me drop back and check out your control surfaces."

**whooooosh of jet flying along**

"Ah, Mr President.. Angel Flight One.. your rudder and vertical stabiliser are shot to hell, Sir..... you're still losing fuel, and your ailerons are not responding to your movements.. your hydraulics are losing fluid, Sir........... Sir... you aren't going to be able to land in that condition.... I'm sorry... we're out of options."

"Well.. thanks for the help, Angel Flight"....

"Sir!"

**looks over at F-15, now alongside again**

"You did good, Sir.  I'm proud to have flown with you!"

**salutes President on Air Force One**....

**returns salute**

"Thank you... I think, Colonel!"

"The pleasure was all mine, Sir."

"Well.. thanks anyway."

Maybe Australia's co-pilot has been locked out by the Abbott.

We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change.
Serj Tankian

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 9:46pm

Ah.. sorry at this time.. that's Halo Flight.....
« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2015 at 9:52pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #4 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 1:36am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 9:46pm:

Ah.. sorry at this time.. that's Halo Flight.....

Because the Kazakhs shooting down Air Force One are just so sure that it's a good idea.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 3rd, 2015 at 5:06am

Same as them politicians shooting down their own economy and people think it's a good idea as long as it suits the world economy which is going down like an A320 as well.

Can't NOT be part of the big game here on that international stage - got to make sure that when the ROTW crashes, Australia goes down with it.  That's international solidarity and brotherhood right there, friends - told you them Liberalites was Internaional Communists in disguise....

Here's another good idea - let Gina have 1700 foreign workers on 457s while half of Western Australia starves slowly, since Aussie workers can't do them mining serf jobs too good and they won't get off their asses to apply according to Swag, friends...

I say ditch the witch - a quick change to them claims laws and regulations would fix that one....  you don't employ local lads and lasses - your claims are forfeited....  and Adios Muchacha...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print