IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Re: Bruce Lee
Reply #2 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 6:51pm

Bruce lee did many amazing feats but ping pong wasn't one of them.

Great photoshopping there!!!!

He was an amazing athlete.

I think this is the best fight on celluloid.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #3 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 6:59pm

He was amazing!

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:04pm

an amazing actor, yes.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #5 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:07pm

His technique shines through though.

He has skill and according to his life story got into many street fight although he never competed.

In the late 60's early 70's he developed Jeet Kune Do which really was the first freestyle art ever.

He was a great martial artist not only an actor.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #6 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:09pm

He died young (age 31?) Aneurysm or something. I saw an old movie of his at the Drive-in back in about 1985. Extremely fast reactions. Fascinating.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:12pm

he was all show, great athlete but not much of a martial artist. Jeet kune do is crap. Along the same lines I saw a Wing Chun demonstration at a community centre today, I nearly laughed myself silly.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #8 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:12pm

Neferti wrote on Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:09pm:
He died young (age 31?) Aneurysm or something. I saw an old movie of his at the Drive-in back in about 1985. Extremely fast reactions. Fascinating.

You should check out this movie!

Dragon The Bruce Lee Story starring Jason Scott Lee

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #9 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:14pm

Just love Bruce Lee- amazing man and martial artist.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #10 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:15pm

rhino wrote on Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:12pm:
he was all show, great athlete but not much of a martial artist. Jeet kune do is crap. Along the same lines I saw a Wing Chun demonstration at a community centre today, I nearly laughed myself silly.

And what's good for you?????

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #11 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:19pm

he was all show, great athlete but not much of a martial artist. Jeet kune do is crap.

Didn't Bruce Lee start that sort of thing in the Movies?  I mean, he died in 1971 or something. Kung f.u  or whatever?

Christ the language filter on this site is ridiculous. Kung "foo" becomes "Kung dam you". Why is everyone so touchy with the F-word?

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #12 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:22pm

He developed Jeet Kune Do because he thought the traditional martial arts where too predictable, including wing chun.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #13 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:25pm

Neferti wrote on Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:19pm:
he was all show, great athlete but not much of a martial artist. Jeet kune do is crap.

Didn't Bruce Lee start that sort of thing in the Movies?  I mean, he died in 1971 or something. Kung f.u  or whatever?

Christ the language filter on this site is ridiculous. Kung "foo" becomes "Kung dam you". Why is everyone so touchy with the F-word?

I think I saw Enter the Dragon in Melbourne in 1975, everyone came out of that movie theatre kicking and punching and making strange cat noises.

It was really unbelievable, haven't seen anything like it since.

Well may be the cult following of the rocky horror show at 12:00am in the cinemas on a Friday night

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 7:28pm

rubbish ... he in fact put many traditional martial artists to shame. They tried to stop him by sending one of their best to fight him, Wong Jack Man, but Lee kicked his butt. After that the traditionalists were to scared to challenge further.

Don't look at today's martial artists trained in Australia and try to compare them with how they were trained in Hong Kong 50 or 60 yrs ago. These days it's a business, they grade students that don't deserve it merely because they make more money doing so  ... back then, money wasn't a motivator. I watched a video of a real life training session from Japan in the 70s. When the instructor wanted to demonstrate a knock out, he knocked the students out cold, when the students came back to they would thank him  ... no trainer would dare try that in Australia for fear of being sued.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print