Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Songs that make you remember (Read 252 times)
Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Songs that make you remember
Mar 23rd, 2015 at 4:42pm

As a young fella (15 and and a bit) I joined the Navy as a Junior recruit bound for HMAS Leeuwin.   As I got on the train to Hobart, the hit of the day was "Daydream Believer" by the Monkees.    I think that song will always bring back memories to me.   Also, I get chills listening to Procul Harem and " A whiter Shade of Pale"  That is my funeral song (lol - if you can still download it!)

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Songs that make you remember
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2015 at 4:46pm

Vic wrote on Mar 23rd, 2015 at 4:42pm:
As a young fella (15 and and a bit) I joined the Navy as a Junior recruit bound for HMAS Leeuwin.   As I got on the train to Hobart, the hit of the day was "Daydream Believer" by the Monkees.    I think that song will always bring back memories to me.   Also, I get chills listening to Procul Harem and " A whiter Shade of Pale"  That is my funeral song (lol - if you can still download it!)

Sure  can!

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Re: Songs that make you remember
Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 4:15am

This reminds me of going to my mates house after school and playing ninja turtles on the amiga 500 because he had two disk drives and you only had to swap disks every now and again: for some reason it had 4 disks?!!?

... oh, and his sister liked Madonna so I had an excuse to ask her for Madonna posters all the time: I think she told me once this was her favourite song- or was I dreaming  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Nah, good song but... I'LL OWN IT  Wink Wink

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print