Send Topic Print
Colorado results (Read 5922 times)
Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Re: Colorado results
Reply #15 - May 14th, 2015 at 10:52am

Um, where I live weed is legal. Not sure if it is ever on sale but they do have "Green Christmas" specials every December - whatever those are.

Plus, we've made weed "cute" here

Unlike other parts of the country

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

John_Taverner
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - May 29th, 2015 at 7:20am

They are looking at trialing "Medical Marijuana" in Queensland.

I doubt if that will look anything like the situation in Colorado. It will never be legal to grow cannabis. Instead, they will probably import medicinal cannabis oil, slap on enormous  tariffs and make it available through a doctor's prescription, initially to a very small group of terminally ill cancer sufferers.   

In Australia, any drug that has health benefits needs to be approved by the Therapeutic Drugs Administration. Our bureaucrats are among the best and tardiest in the world.

The druggies might think that all their Christmases have come at once, but will be sorely disappointed.

72+Adelaide+Street  
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #17 - May 29th, 2015 at 7:39am

Marla wrote on May 14th, 2015 at 10:52am:
Um, where I live weed is legal. Not sure if it is ever on sale but they do have "Green Christmas" specials every December - whatever those are.

Plus, we've made weed "cute" here
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/d9/5d/00/d95d005b7f82580022a20213ab6bd...

Unlike other parts of the country

OK got me, I laughed.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #18 - May 29th, 2015 at 8:36am

John_Taverner wrote on May 29th, 2015 at 7:20am:
They are looking at trialing "Medical Marijuana" in Queensland.

I doubt if that will look anything like the situation in Colorado. It will never be legal to grow cannabis. Instead, they will probably import medicinal cannabis oil, slap on enormous  tariffs and make it available through a doctor's prescription, initially to a very small group of terminally ill cancer sufferers.   

In Australia, any drug that has health benefits needs to be approved by the Therapeutic Drugs Administration. Our bureaucrats are among the best and tardiest in the world.

The druggies might think that all their Christmases have come at once, but will be sorely disappointed.

I don't know how conservative or liberal Australia is when it comes to the legalization of marijuana but to have it banned completely when it has shown to be effective in treating cancer patients to children with severe forms of epilepsy is ridiculous.

The fear and hype saying that weed will somehow ruin society if legalized also makes no sense. I live close to several weed shops and the real issue is from so many people coming here just to buy it in that they are choosing to stay here. The real dangers are economic ones in terms of higher rent and traffic congestion. Legalization has definitely put a lot business in the state but also a sense of overcrowding.

The people I met who come here from all over the world as I pass by them do so out of a sense bewilderment in that they cannot believe all you need is a valid I.D. and of course money to purchase various types of strains, edibles, oils, and hemp-related products.

I remember an Australian telling me "it seems like a civilized thing to do" but would never happen in his own country. It might if the Australian people choose to vote the bureaucrats right out of office.

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #19 - May 29th, 2015 at 1:48pm

...and it's crap like this that pisses me off. Stereotypical idiocy. News flash: You ARE a bunch of snowboarder hippie stoners who really need to go back to Texas and/or California. Whichever comes first.

Ooooh, backdrops of mountains but never of the Denver homeless. When I see such dumbassness as this it makes me embarrassed that I actually live here. If you ever legalize weed, Australia PLEASE never do anything like this.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - May 2nd, 2018 at 10:25am

This Topic was moved here from Drug Policy by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print