Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
YES Women are better (Read 6551 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

YES Women are better
Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:29am

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/women-are-better-drivers-than-men-report-31...

It's an age-old debate - who are the better drivers, men or women? Victoria Police statistics obtained by News Corp Australia shed light on the argument, revealing stark gender differences in reckless driver behaviour.
Male motorists accounted for 70 per cent of all speeding, mobile phone, seatbelt and drink-driving offences in the past three financial years, the figures reveal.

Men account for four out of five drink-drive fines, seven of every 10 speeding fines.

Some of the detail is jaw-dropping.

well its something we girls have always known.. Wink Wink

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: YES Women are better
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 12:02pm

Traffic offences are nothing - it's the amount of hits that count - and men drive a lot more than women anyway.

I agree that women are better in bed than men though I can't speak on the latter from personal experience.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:18pm

cods wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:29am:
It's an age-old debate - who are the better drivers, men or women?

Not really a debate - I think everyone knows the real answer, but men are the more pragmatic sex so tend not to labor the point.  However, since you brought it up:

Quote:
•the generally higher casualty accident rate per kilometre driven by female drivers compared to males.

http://monash.edu/miri/research/reports/muarc088.pdf

So despite men exhibiting more of these "dangerous" behaviours, they still don't have as many accidents. 

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:30pm

Most people think they are good drivers. In my experience they break the rules and the law the moment they pull out of the driveway. But that's OK, because they are good drivers.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:19pm

Sorry, Cods, but I personally don't think so

Lots of good drivers, male and female.  Same with bad drivers

but men have focus as has been proven time and again, whereas women spread their attention

It's natural, says science.  Women had to watch the kids down by the river, watch the pot, watch out for marauders, watch out for snakes, for rabid animals, keep their eye on the washing over on the bushes, etc. etc.

Men, says science, narrow their focus and give it their full and undivided attention.  Men 'compartmentalise', it's claimed: compartment for family, for mates, for hunting and killing dinner, etc.

The worst drivers I've seen have been women and there's one nationality which seems miles worse than all the others.  They're the same on foot !

Even a drunken male driver would be better than many women driving a gang of kids home from school, most of the time

Men's moods are generally more stable than those of women, a lot of the time and generally speaking

Men don't try to apply their make-up, do their hair, twiddle with the radio and text while they drive -- well, most of them do not

Men DO drive more miles, as someone's said.  Yes, young males are more prone to reckless behaviour so it's no surprise they show up in those stats

Given a choice, Cods, would you rather take your chances against male or female drivers?

Not saying there aren't some great female drivers, but gee, a lot of them are lethal

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:55pm

PZ547 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:19pm:
Men DO drive more miles, as someone's said.  Yes, young males are more prone to reckless behaviour so it's no surprise they show up in those stats

Given a choice, Cods, would you rather take your chances against male or female drivers?

Not saying there aren't some great female drivers, but gee, a lot of them are lethal

that old saying more men on the road is a furphy and you know it that may have applied 60 years ago but not anymore....you cant dispute the facts and figures can you???...

more men/males killed on the roads every day...

more cars in wreckers yards thanks to males...

more cars stolen thanks to males..

the only thing that females are not involved in is truck driving and look at the accidents on that score..

I personally dont think it should be a contest  as all I see is young females doing their best to equal males

and I dont think thats a good thing.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 3:12pm

My husband reckons I'm a good driver.. backseat driver that is  Tongue

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 3:20pm

cods wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:55pm:

that old saying more men on the road is a furphy and you know it that may have applied 60 years ago but not anymore....you cant dispute the facts and figures can you???...

the only thing that females are not involved in is truck driving and look at the accidents on that score..

I personally dont think it should be a contest  as all I see is young females doing their best to equal males

How many cabbies in Sydney and how many are females?

How many delivery trucks in and out of major cities -- BIG trucks.  How many of them driven by women?

Men stealing cars, joy-riding, speeding, hooning, etc. as compared with females - yes - men take countless more risks across the board, no question.  It's the reason all those crazy antics videos are on Youtube and tv.  Predominantly men leaping and riding bikes off rooftops, being dragged on mattresses, leaping from clifftops, etc.  That's men.  They're gamer, less cautious and yes, it carries through to driving vehicles, no argument

At the same time, men have faster reflexes, especially when young - they're like cats - split second decisions with lives on the line

Men have better eye-hand coordination, which is why most people prefer to watch male sports rather than women. Women are slower, clumsier, weaker and are usually dunces when it comes to catching and throwing

How many top female billiard players are there?  Any?  And what's billiards -- isn't it eye-hand, geometry?  Women only play billiards/snooker/pool because they want to be where the men are, want to impress, or maybe they're lesbians

All the skills which make a good billiard player come into play re: driving

Go watch the 'Women parking' videos on Youtube.  You'll be amazed and sick with laughter.  How can women be so useless at parking?  It's because they lack good eye-hand and geometric abilities.  Women just don't get it, can't do it, flap their hands, try sixty times and think they're cute because they're girls

How many women could manoeuvre the big grocery trucks into tiny lanes to supply supermarkets?  One, ten, in the whole of the country?

My son was hit four times last year by women who admitted fault in each case.  Four times. He no sooner got his car back from the menders and some woman hit him again -- in one suburb.  They went through red lights !  Claimed they didn't see him !  Hit him in the back and side.  Shot out of a side-street.  Would they have admitted it if he hadn't pointed out his array of dash-cams?  Who knows

Yes, some younger men are reckless drivers and their insurance premiums proves it.  But women are just generally hopeless in many instances.  Why not grab a ton of insurance claims to see what women offer as excuses

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #8 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 4:59pm

I used to be a good driver-  but am becoming complacent- I will do better.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:07pm

PZ547 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 3:20pm:
cods wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:55pm:

How many cabbies in Sydney and how many are females?

How many delivery trucks in and out of major cities -- BIG trucks.  How many of them driven by women?

Men stealing cars, joy-riding, speeding, hooning, etc. as compared with females - yes - men take countless more risks across the board, no question.  It's the reason all those crazy antics videos are on Youtube and tv.  Predominantly men leaping and riding bikes off rooftops, being dragged on mattresses, leaping from clifftops, etc.  That's men.  They're gamer, less cautious and yes, it carries through to driving vehicles, no argument

At the same time, men have faster reflexes, especially when young - they're like cats - split second decisions with lives on the line

Men have better eye-hand coordination, which is why most people prefer to watch male sports rather than women. Women are slower, clumsier, weaker and are usually dunces when it comes to catching and throwing

How many top female billiard players are there?  Any?  And what's billiards -- isn't it eye-hand, geometry?  Women only play billiards/snooker/pool because they want to be where the men are, want to impress, or maybe they're lesbians

All the skills which make a good billiard player come into play re: driving

Go watch the 'Women parking' videos on Youtube.  You'll be amazed and sick with laughter.  How can women be so useless at parking?  It's because they lack good eye-hand and geometric abilities.  Women just don't get it, can't do it, flap their hands, try sixty times and think they're cute because they're girls

How many women could manoeuvre the big grocery trucks into tiny lanes to supply supermarkets?  One, ten, in the whole of the country?

My son was hit four times last year by women who admitted fault in each case.  Four times. He no sooner got his car back from the menders and some woman hit him again -- in one suburb.  They went through red lights !  Claimed they didn't see him !  Hit him in the back and side.  Shot out of a side-street.  Would they have admitted it if he hadn't pointed out his array of dash-cams?  Who knows

Yes, some younger men are reckless drivers and their insurance premiums proves it.  But women are just generally hopeless in many instances.  Why not grab a ton of insurance claims to see what women offer as excuses

yes I know every one has a story on bad drivers..

but the op is the facts pz...why is it when they print up FACTS that agree with their point of view./.

then those FACTS are bloody right..

yet if they dont agree wiht those FACTS.. out come every reason in their opinion they are not correct..

I did mention women were not truck drivers... I do not know of taxi drivers during the day maybe women.. but I am also not aware of taxi drivers having a bad record of traffic offenses...

we are not talking about JOBS we are talking about Mr and Mrs average....most homes have two cars one for him one for her...some drivers travel on the open road more than others.. most women drive in traffic and have to deal with dropping off and picking up.. always a dogs dinner..

sorry about your sons experience but I am sure there are many women who have been cleaned up by males...I know in only two accidents I have had both were males and they hit me...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:09pm

Agnes wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 4:59pm:

you cant afford to be complacent behind the wheel these days ag....

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #11 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:13pm

Quote:
but the op is the facts pz...why is it when they print up FACTS that agree with their point of view./.

then those FACTS are bloody right..

yet if they dont agree wiht those FACTS.. out come every reason in their opinion they are not correct..

No the OP is a carefully worded puff piece.  These are the facts:

Quote:
•the generally higher casualty accident rate per kilometre driven by female drivers compared to males.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #12 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:18pm

cods wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:09pm:

Never had an accident yet cods and maybe it's  living in a country town where the slower paced life has influenced me somewhat- we don't have a single traffic light.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:26pm

Agnes wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:18pm:
cods wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:09pm:

Never had an accident yet cods and maybe it's  living in a country town where the slower paced life has influenced me somewhat- we don't have a single traffic light.

YET.  I know a few people who went to great lengths to get their drivers licence in a town like that...lol.. even though they lived in Canberra.. one got hers in Port Hedland..when it was a one horse town..and roundabouts terrified her.. and thats about all Canerra is made of roundabouts....what a system..

well done about the accident record.. lets hope thats how it remains..

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #14 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:44pm

Well that's me- got my license in the bush- not even a round a bout in featured in my driving lessons- and I reversed parked between 2 horses lol ( joke about the horse )

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #15 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 6:45pm

... wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:18pm:
cods wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:29am:
It's an age-old debate - who are the better drivers, men or women?

Not really a debate - I think everyone knows the real answer, but men are the more pragmatic sex so tend not to labor the point.  However, since you brought it up:

Quote:

So despite men exhibiting more of these "dangerous" behaviours, they still don't have as many accidents. 

Dammit, man - never let reason and studied data get in the way of a good prejudice!  What would become of our society it that became the norm?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #16 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 8:30pm

Men also make up most of the workplace deaths, and die sooner from old age. We must do away with this gender discrimination, and start executions for females so that the death rate becomes more equitable.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #17 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 9:00pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 8:30pm:
Men also make up most of the workplace deaths, and die sooner from old age. We must do away with this gender discrimination, and start executions for females so that the death rate becomes more equitable.

And we should be able to retire earlier than women too, work all your life stash away for old age, then die at 70 an the missus kicks on until 90 spending it!  Grin

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 9:31pm

« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2015 at 9:51pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:19am

Setanta wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 9:00pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 8:30pm:

And we should be able to retire earlier than women too, work all your life stash away for old age, then die at 70 an the missus kicks on until 90 spending it!  Grin

they do anyway  since when do women RETIRE....

the cooking goes on the cleaning goes on the washing does on the shopping goes on.the bed making goes on..

men tend to do WHAT THEY WANT TOO when tye retire.. not what they HAVE TOO..

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: YES Women are better whingers
Reply #20 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:24am

that must be why they always get hubby to drive when they are going out together  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #21 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:34am

John Smith wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:24am:
that must be why they always get hubby to drive when they are going out together  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I don't get my husband to drive when we're going out together. Why? Well, he's always in the car first, seated in the driver's seat.... beeping that bloody horn and screaming for me to hurry up.

Oh and he keeps going on and on about my lead foot and how he can no longer take the death rides I give him. I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with him driving us everywhere  Tongue

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:42am

the worst car rides I have ever been on are driven by one of my son in laws... he is a shocker I literally hang on the seatbelt isnt enough.but you cant say anything..

and yes he is always first in the car.... its an ego thing I think

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:44am

Lisa Jones wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:34am:

I don't get my husband to drive when we're going out together. Why? Well, he's always in the car first, seated in the driver's seat.... beeping that bloody horn and screaming for me to hurry up.

Oh and he keeps going on and on about my lead foot and how he can no longer take the death rides I give him. I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with him driving us everywhere  Tongue

that's because he's seen your driving  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:45am

the men are usually first in the car because women take forever to get ready ... it's not a conspiracy you know

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #25 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:51am

John Smith wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:45am:
the men are usually first in the car because women take forever to get ready ... it's not a conspiracy you know

Listen here you... we women take longer to get ready ONLY because we get our children ready first...starting with the eldest. His name is Husband.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #26 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:52am

John Smith wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:44am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:34am:

that's because he's seen your driving  Grin Grin Grin Grin

You're probably right lol  Smiley

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:55am

Lisa Jones wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:51am:
John Smith wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:45am:

Listen here you... we women take longer to get ready ONLY because we get our children ready first...starting with the eldest. His name is Husband.

excuses excuses .... (it's a familiar one too) I've heard it before, but I don't buy it. If you know you have to be somewhere at 6pm, don't start getting the kids ready at 5.30.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

brumbie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:25am

The missus has never had a car accident, but she has seen hundreds of them. (mostly in the rear view mirror)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:26am

brumbie wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:25am:
The missus has never had a car accident, but she has seen hundreds of them. (mostly in the rear view mirror)

did they have to slam on their brakes because your missus was doing 40K on the freeway?  Grin Grin Grin  Wink

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

brumbie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:32am

John Smith wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:26am:

did they have to slam on their brakes because your missus was doing 40K on the freeway?  Grin Grin Grin  Wink

Smiley

IP Logged

St George of the Garden
Gold Member

http://tinyurl.com/n
3o8m2x

Reply #31 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:33am

All the accidents I was in were caused by female drivers.

My sister is an over–cautious driver who will get cleaned up by a semi one day.

I want Muso as GMod. Bring back Muso!
WWW Friends of the National Broadband Network  
IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: YES men know all about cars etc
Reply #32 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:37am

Men should take the drivers seat when both travelling as they know how to handle bad conditions , read the controls, notice the engine is making a strange noise, notice there is metal fibres showing thru the edge off a balding front tyre etc etc

I doubt my missus would even know what the idiot lights on the car are meant to indicate.

Her idea is on her car.......

Put petrol in it if forced to by circumstances and drive it.

Check the oil ....Never

Check the tyres....Never

Take it through the car wash when you cant see out the back window

Get car serviced only when Red starts whinging about it!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

St George of the Garden
Gold Member

http://tinyurl.com/n
3o8m2x

Reply #33 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:48am

Hah! Me and my business partner used to drive to Goolwa every weekend to work on the two houses we were building. Sis gets divorced and a bit later on gets a car. Wanted to drive mine to Goolwa (L plates) to get practice. So, Fri evening we get to the servo and I make her fill the tank, check the oil, coolant, battery and check the tyres.

My partner’s wife was saying I was cruel making my sis do all that, partner said she lived by herself so had to do all this herself, better than the wife driving all week with the oil light flashing  Cheesy Grin

Sis has driven the same car for like 20 years now, guess she still does all the checks.

In spring on Willunga Hill, a long steep climb on the way to Goolwa, we used to see a dozen cars easy, waiting for engines to cool down so they could add water supplied by the RAA. Idiots obviously thought “nice weather, lets go for a drive.”

I want Muso as GMod. Bring back Muso!
WWW Friends of the National Broadband Network  
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:48am

Redmond Neck wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:37am:
Men should take the drivers seat when both travelling as they know how to handle bad conditions , read the controls, notice the engine is making a strange noise, notice there is metal fibres showing thru the edge off a balding front tyre etc etc

I doubt my missus would even know what the idiot lights on the car are meant to indicate.

Check the oil ....Never

Check the tyres....Never

true ... my wife drives past two petrol station to get home and still every time I use the car the low petrol indicator light is on  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 10:23am

Check the oil ....Never

Check the tyres....Never

some
look at it this way red.. women like to make^ men feel useful and important.. if she did all that you would feel unwanted and useless......now as far as I know there are a few women who happen to be married to men who are useless in the extreme...you will find thee women mending the roof..unblocking the drains...taking the kids to the dentist and getting haircuts shopping cooking cleaning gardening even finding the remote when the master of the house has mislaid it.....

tell us about it?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #36 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:37pm

She has probably also seen people climbing power poles and trees to get out of her way, too.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #37 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:45pm

Check the oil ....Never

Check the tyres....Never

I'm not much better. I know that I have to check the oil, since I use the airconditioner a lot. The tyres are constantly checked for inflation, since I'm conscious of petrol usage. But the last time I changed my tyres, one of them was bald enough that it showed metal. Wheel alignment and change of tyres, and it's been really good. Oh, and the cleaning of the car is only when I can't see out of the windshield beyond the windshield wipers' reach. Or the inside is only cleaned out to find my drink water bottles that need to be washed and refilled for freezing. As for servicing, my car hasn't seen the inside of a mechanic's garage since June last year, since I decided that taking the car ever 4 months isn't really economical for me. And I haven't had a break from work to find time.

I happen to be 36 years old, and on a time and money budget.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #38 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:54pm

cods wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 10:23am:

Check the oil ....Never

Check the tyres....Never

some
look at it this way red.. women like to make^ men feel useful and important.. if she did all that you would feel unwanted and useless......now as far as I know there are a few women who happen to be married to men who are useless in the extreme...you will find thee women mending the roof..unblocking the drains...taking the kids to the dentist and getting haircuts shopping cooking cleaning gardening even finding the remote when the master of the house has mislaid it.....

tell us about it?

They have to be taught cods.

What if I died tomorrow?  I am 70 you know!

Cant expect a bloke to do all the hard stuff!

Bloody sheilas going out to lunch, morning tea, golf, etc while us blokes are at home worrying has the oil been checked?

Not to mention I can hear a tap dripping and dont have any washers, also what if I fall off the ladder changing that bulb.

« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:07pm by Redmond Neck »  

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #39 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:55pm

St George of the Garden wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:33am:

It must have been 10 years ago when I was over town for a job. On my way back, it was dark when I came across a poorly lit street. I checked both ways at an intersection before driving forward, only to hit my brakes for an oncoming car to my right. Some woman decided that driving with no head lights on was such a bright idea. She also had hit the brakes too, and we both had come to a stop relatively safe of collision. I gave her a mouthful of what I thought of her. Then she let loose to tell me that she doesn't swallow, or whatever she was ranting about. Then after she had finished her 10 seconds of verbal desperate defensiveness, I had to point out that she STILL had not activated her head lights, and that she was arguing futility. I drove on, taking right of way off of her. She followed down the street after me to high beam me. I would have road raged her that night, had it not been for my non aggressive nature.

How do you deal with someone like that who can't be reasoned? A .22 or a .44 caliber bullet?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #40 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:23pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:55pm:

It must have been 10 years ago when I was over town for a job. On my way back, it was dark when I came across a poorly lit street. I checked both ways at an intersection before driving forward, only to hit my brakes for an oncoming car to my right. Some woman decided that driving with no head lights on was such a bright idea. She also had hit the brakes too, and we both had come to a stop relatively safe of collision. I gave her a mouthful of what I thought of her. Then she let loose to tell me that she doesn't swallow, or whatever she was ranting about. Then after she had finished her 10 seconds of verbal desperate defensiveness, I had to point out that she STILL had not activated her head lights, and that she was arguing futility. I drove on, taking right of way off of her. She followed down the street after me to high beam me. I would have road raged her that night, had it not been for my non aggressive nature.

How do you deal with someone like that who can't be reasoned? A .22 or a .44 caliber bullet?

Perhaps we could ask Cods?  Grin

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #41 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:28pm

Ring the cops is my advice!

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #42 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:41pm

I like to think that what I lack in skill as a driver, I make up for with the excitement factor.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:52pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:23pm:

ah! the usual spiteful personal attack.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:56pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 3:54pm:
cods wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 10:23am:

Check the oil ....Never

Check the tyres....Never

some

tell us about it?

They have to be taught cods.

What if I died tomorrow?  I am 70 you know!

Cant expect a bloke to do all the hard stuff!

Bloody sheilas going out to lunch, morning tea, golf, etc while us blokes are at home worrying has the oil been checked?

Not to mention I can hear a tap dripping and dont have any washers, also what if I fall off the ladder changing that bulb.

you would find another mad sheila to take care of you... havent you noticed not many men die alone.. but an awful lot of women do....how many men go over to poor countries to buy a wife... lol.. doesnt matter how old they get there are women out there that think these guys are doing them a favour.....I have yet to hear of a female buying a man from the Philippines  after first husband dies after 50 years of marriage....

it take a while for women to wake up to themselves its them that keep the home fires burning... not the men

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 6:23pm

Actually, it's quite true that men are more conversant with cars than women.

There's a couple of reasons for that:

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #46 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 6:56pm

cods wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:52pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:23pm:

ah! the usual spiteful personal attack.

No spite Cods, you're just an easy mark. Don't even have to bait the hook, just a little berley in the water and... ...
Wink

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #47 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:01pm

Lionel Edriess wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 6:23pm:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee60/lioneledriess/Ball-Joints_zpsy96hvgog.jp...

What's he doing under there without an axle stand and only on a jack? That's just nuts!

IP Logged

miketrees
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:12pm

There are two types of bad drivers.

Women Drivers and men that drive like women.

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:16pm

miketrees wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:12pm:

And I'm tired about that crack about plumbers!

Grin

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #50 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:25pm

"transitions into a woman" then a week later kills someone in a car crash.  The evidence is clear.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 8:32pm

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee60/lioneledriess/Ball-Joints_zpsy96hvgog.jp...

is that setanta... hilarious.. I love it..

nice pic of you SETANTA

I guess the wifes not amused... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 8:35pm

imagine the shape of the world if women start driving like men...OMG... havent thought about that have you..

is it mostly men booked for drink driving as well?????...

I know a few women step into that world as well. shame on them....but it is mostly a mens game isnt it?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #53 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:02pm

cods wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 8:32pm:

nice pic of you SETANTA

She's OK with it, I photoshopped her out of the pic, she was just below me, "helping" me so to speak, my axle stand. I believe she said something about making tea too.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #54 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:04pm

cods wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 8:35pm:

imagine the shape of the world if women start driving like men...OMG... havent thought about that have you..

is it mostly men booked for drink driving as well?????...

I know a few women step into that world as well. shame on them....but it is mostly a mens game isnt it?

Do you put LurchCredlin in with the men?

IP Logged

Lionel Edriess
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #55 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:04pm

Grin Grin Grin

Toughen up, Australia!

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #56 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:28pm

I love the way you can point out to man or woman they just broke the road rules, and the answers in "What?" and a puzzled look, followed by "That? Oh that doesn't matter."

I am continually amazed how perfectly decent people become total arseholes behind the steering wheel.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #57 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:54pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:28pm:
I love the way you can point out to man or woman they just broke the road rules, and the answers in "What?" and a puzzled look, followed by "That? Oh that doesn't matter."

I am continually amazed how perfectly decent people become total arseholes behind the steering wheel.

You need to make it a game, but a game that enhances driving, alertness and foresight. It's something I've taught all my kids. Drive like you are playing chess, all the pieces are out to kill you, look ahead at least a couple of moves and anticipate the speeding rook, look before you enter an intersection, beware the ambush and remember they want to kill you.

edit: Oh the angry part, forgot that. Why would anyone get angry over a game?
Now I hope you all understand the game is in the mind. If someone crashes into you, get a bit pissed, that's ok. Wink
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2015 at 10:01pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #58 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 12:33am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 4:41pm:
I like to think that what I lack in skill as a driver, I make up for with the excitement factor.

If you lack skill as a driver, you should just get someone to make your car's horn louder. Then you can double the excitement factor.

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #59 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 6:44am

Setanta wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:54pm:

You need to make it a game, but a game that enhances driving, alertness and foresight. It's something I've taught all my kids. Drive like you are playing chess, all the pieces are out to kill you, look ahead at least a couple of moves and anticipate the speeding rook, look before you enter an intersection, beware the ambush and remember they want to kill you.

Now I hope you all understand the game is in the mind. If someone crashes into you, get a bit pissed, that's ok. Wink

Here's a classic from both sexes. Many cars at right turns will change lanes in the intersection. Its illegal folks.

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #60 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 7:12am

Geez, I spend a heap of time out on the road and I can't say any particular group stands out as being noticeably worse than the others.

Men, women, all ages, all races..... a large proportion of them are sh!t operators of vehicles.... inattention, distracted, lack of skill, obvious disregard or lack of knowledge of the road rules, inability to drive according to traffic volume and/or conditions etc etc

Okay.... the 430am "tradie" peak hour out of the Gold Coast is a stand out for shockers.... the 630am white collar peak hour crowd have much better success at punting their vehicles in an orderly fashion up the motorway.

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 7:52am

Setanta wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:02pm:

nice pic of you SETANTA

She's OK with it, I photoshopped her out of the pic, she was just below me, "helping" me so to speak, my axle stand. I believe she said something about making tea too.

I should have said something about the size as they look decidedly lacking.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I would think making the tea would be much more satisfying   Grin

IP Logged

Resolute
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 8:00am

"YES Women are better"

Especially the two blondes who walked into a building.......you'd have thought they would have looked up!

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.

Winston Churchill

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 8:08am

issuevoter wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 6:44am:

Here's a classic from both sexes. Many cars at right turns will change lanes in the intersection. Its illegal folks.

it's amazing how many aren't even aware that it's illegal  Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #64 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 9:05am

Women are better?

That's old news I'm afraid.  Tongue

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #65 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:10pm

cods wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 7:52am:
Setanta wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:02pm:

nice pic of you SETANTA

I should have said something about the size as they look decidedly lacking.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I would think making the tea would be much more satisfying   Grin

You remember do you Cods? Wink You didn't complain then.

Teabagging

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #66 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:17pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 8:08am:

What kind of lanes are we talking about?
Like this?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:08pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 1:17pm:

Like this?
http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/images/roads/safety-rules/roadrules/slip-lane.jpg

remove that slip lane and the person turning right has to turn into the outside lane (nearest the centre line)

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #68 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:38pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:08pm:

Like this?

remove that slip lane and the person turning right has to turn into the outside lane (nearest the centre line)

As you can see he doesn't have to at all. That is an NSW RTA picture and the manoeuvre is legal. In that pic, the car in the slip lane must give way to the other one.

source of pic http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/safety-rules/road-rules/lanes.html

edit: This is a case you would be right in.

and in this case you'd be wrong.

http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/safety-rules/road-rules/intersections.html
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:53pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:51pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:38pm:
John Smith wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:08pm:

Like this?

As you can see he doesn't have to at all. That is an NSW RTA picture and the manoeuvre is legal. In that pic, the car in the slip lane must give way to the other one.

source of pic http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/safety-rules/road-rules/lanes.html

edited
sorry, thought it was the original picture

green car turning right from outside lane must turn into the outside lane. (top diagram)
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2015 at 3:05pm by John Smith »  

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #70 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 2:58pm

One bloke I remember doing a right turn across from where I was doing a left turn. I went to do a left into the proper lane, and then did a quick lane change afterwards (not waiting almost 3 seconds to do so beforehand). This guy wanted the middle lane I had, but had done a lane change during the right hand turn. We were both basically in the wrong, although I was more in the right than he. Funny reaction he made, since he looked like some kind of junkie with those bulimia teeth, and trying to convey an angered response to me.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #71 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 3:05pm

Not forgetting the time I was parked behind some 'lady' at a turning lane, waiting for a green arrow. Woman decided to keep parked nearly 2 metres behind the traffic line, which meant that I missed two green arrows, before I honked and then got out to wake the girl up. Her response: give me the finger and continue to wait. I had to just wait for through traffic to clear, and I just changed lanes and do a right turn down the road and a detour.

I couldn't understand her obliviousness to it all. Was she really unaware that the signals change when her car activates the sensor near the traffic line? Chances are, she probably sat there for another couple traffic changes until the light lit up in her head.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 8:28pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 3:05pm:
Not forgetting the time I was parked behind some 'lady' at a turning lane, waiting for a green arrow. Woman decided to keep parked nearly 2 metres behind the traffic line, which meant that I missed two green arrows, before I honked and then got out to wake the girl up. Her response: give me the finger and continue to wait. I had to just wait for through traffic to clear, and I just changed lanes and do a right turn down the road and a detour.

I couldn't understand her obliviousness to it all. Was she really unaware that the signals change when her car activates the sensor near the traffic line? Chances are, she probably sat there for another couple traffic changes until the light lit up in her head.

Some people shouldn't drive ... I don't understand this need to wait 5 mtrs back from the stop line. I had to jump out and bang on some guys window to tell him to move after the lights changed 3 times with the right turn arrow remaining red because he hadn't triggered the sensors . I explained to him that unless he moved up we would spend the whole weekend waiting for the arrow. ... he was so oblivious to what was happening around him that he near poo himself when I knocked on his window. 

THERE IS A MAGNETIC LOOP UNDER THE BITUMEN NEAR THE STOP LINE PEOPLES ....... IF THE CAR DOESN'T TRIGGER IT THE RIGHT TURN ARROW WILL NEVER CHANGE

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #73 - Mar 6th, 2015 at 9:35pm

Yeah, it was very much like that. Had to get out of the car, and go tell the bitch that she was wasting everyone's time. Her response: Giving me the middle finger. Then, when she didn't move, I had to change lanes and sit again at the lights until I got a green light. She was still sitting there, like she was having some kind of delusional moment. Her passenger just as oblivious.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 2:13pm

John Smith wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 8:28pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 3:05pm:

Some people shouldn't drive ... I don't understand this need to wait 5 mtrs back from the stop line. I had to jump out and bang on some guys window to tell him to move after the lights changed 3 times with the right turn arrow remaining red because he hadn't triggered the sensors . I explained to him that unless he moved up we would spend the whole weekend waiting for the arrow. ... he was so oblivious to what was happening around him that he near poo himself when I knocked on his window. 

THERE IS A MAGNETIC LOOP UNDER THE BITUMEN NEAR THE STOP LINE PEOPLES ....... IF THE CAR DOESN'T TRIGGER IT THE RIGHT TURN ARROW WILL NEVER CHANGE

Dammit - so that's how we let Tony and Joey in!!

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #75 - Mar 9th, 2015 at 2:16pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Mar 6th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Women are better?

That's old news I'm afraid.  Tongue

Just an old wive's tale.......... Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

― John Adams

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print