Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: YES Women are better
Reply #15 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 6:45pm

... wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:18pm:
cods wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:29am:
It's an age-old debate - who are the better drivers, men or women?

Not really a debate - I think everyone knows the real answer, but men are the more pragmatic sex so tend not to labor the point.  However, since you brought it up:

Quote:
•the generally higher casualty accident rate per kilometre driven by female drivers compared to males.

http://monash.edu/miri/research/reports/muarc088.pdf

So despite men exhibiting more of these "dangerous" behaviours, they still don't have as many accidents. 

Dammit, man - never let reason and studied data get in the way of a good prejudice!  What would become of our society it that became the norm?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #16 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 8:30pm

Men also make up most of the workplace deaths, and die sooner from old age. We must do away with this gender discrimination, and start executions for females so that the death rate becomes more equitable.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #17 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 9:00pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 8:30pm:
Men also make up most of the workplace deaths, and die sooner from old age. We must do away with this gender discrimination, and start executions for females so that the death rate becomes more equitable.

And we should be able to retire earlier than women too, work all your life stash away for old age, then die at 70 an the missus kicks on until 90 spending it!  Grin

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #18 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 9:31pm

« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2015 at 9:51pm by Grappler Truth Teller Feller »  

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:19am

Setanta wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 9:00pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 8:30pm:

And we should be able to retire earlier than women too, work all your life stash away for old age, then die at 70 an the missus kicks on until 90 spending it!  Grin

they do anyway  since when do women RETIRE....

the cooking goes on the cleaning goes on the washing does on the shopping goes on.the bed making goes on..

men tend to do WHAT THEY WANT TOO when tye retire.. not what they HAVE TOO..

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: YES Women are better whingers
Reply #20 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:24am

that must be why they always get hubby to drive when they are going out together  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #21 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:34am

John Smith wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:24am:
that must be why they always get hubby to drive when they are going out together  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I don't get my husband to drive when we're going out together. Why? Well, he's always in the car first, seated in the driver's seat.... beeping that bloody horn and screaming for me to hurry up.

Oh and he keeps going on and on about my lead foot and how he can no longer take the death rides I give him. I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with him driving us everywhere  Tongue

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:42am

the worst car rides I have ever been on are driven by one of my son in laws... he is a shocker I literally hang on the seatbelt isnt enough.but you cant say anything..

and yes he is always first in the car.... its an ego thing I think

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:44am

Lisa Jones wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:34am:

I don't get my husband to drive when we're going out together. Why? Well, he's always in the car first, seated in the driver's seat.... beeping that bloody horn and screaming for me to hurry up.

Oh and he keeps going on and on about my lead foot and how he can no longer take the death rides I give him. I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with him driving us everywhere  Tongue

that's because he's seen your driving  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:45am

the men are usually first in the car because women take forever to get ready ... it's not a conspiracy you know

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #25 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:51am

John Smith wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:45am:
the men are usually first in the car because women take forever to get ready ... it's not a conspiracy you know

Listen here you... we women take longer to get ready ONLY because we get our children ready first...starting with the eldest. His name is Husband.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #26 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:52am

John Smith wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:44am:
Lisa Jones wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:34am:

that's because he's seen your driving  Grin Grin Grin Grin

You're probably right lol  Smiley

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:55am

Lisa Jones wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:51am:
John Smith wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 7:45am:

Listen here you... we women take longer to get ready ONLY because we get our children ready first...starting with the eldest. His name is Husband.

excuses excuses .... (it's a familiar one too) I've heard it before, but I don't buy it. If you know you have to be somewhere at 6pm, don't start getting the kids ready at 5.30.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

brumbie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:25am

The missus has never had a car accident, but she has seen hundreds of them. (mostly in the rear view mirror)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:26am

brumbie wrote on Mar 5th, 2015 at 9:25am:
The missus has never had a car accident, but she has seen hundreds of them. (mostly in the rear view mirror)

did they have to slam on their brakes because your missus was doing 40K on the freeway?  Grin Grin Grin  Wink

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print