Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
YES Women are better (Read 6596 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

YES Women are better
Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:29am

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/women-are-better-drivers-than-men-report-31...

It's an age-old debate - who are the better drivers, men or women? Victoria Police statistics obtained by News Corp Australia shed light on the argument, revealing stark gender differences in reckless driver behaviour.
Male motorists accounted for 70 per cent of all speeding, mobile phone, seatbelt and drink-driving offences in the past three financial years, the figures reveal.

Men account for four out of five drink-drive fines, seven of every 10 speeding fines.

Some of the detail is jaw-dropping.

well its something we girls have always known.. Wink Wink

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Re: YES Women are better
Reply #1 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 12:02pm

Traffic offences are nothing - it's the amount of hits that count - and men drive a lot more than women anyway.

I agree that women are better in bed than men though I can't speak on the latter from personal experience.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #2 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:18pm

cods wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 7:29am:
It's an age-old debate - who are the better drivers, men or women?

Not really a debate - I think everyone knows the real answer, but men are the more pragmatic sex so tend not to labor the point.  However, since you brought it up:

Quote:
•the generally higher casualty accident rate per kilometre driven by female drivers compared to males.

http://monash.edu/miri/research/reports/muarc088.pdf

So despite men exhibiting more of these "dangerous" behaviours, they still don't have as many accidents. 

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #3 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 1:30pm

Most people think they are good drivers. In my experience they break the rules and the law the moment they pull out of the driveway. But that's OK, because they are good drivers.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:19pm

Sorry, Cods, but I personally don't think so

Lots of good drivers, male and female.  Same with bad drivers

but men have focus as has been proven time and again, whereas women spread their attention

It's natural, says science.  Women had to watch the kids down by the river, watch the pot, watch out for marauders, watch out for snakes, for rabid animals, keep their eye on the washing over on the bushes, etc. etc.

Men, says science, narrow their focus and give it their full and undivided attention.  Men 'compartmentalise', it's claimed: compartment for family, for mates, for hunting and killing dinner, etc.

The worst drivers I've seen have been women and there's one nationality which seems miles worse than all the others.  They're the same on foot !

Even a drunken male driver would be better than many women driving a gang of kids home from school, most of the time

Men's moods are generally more stable than those of women, a lot of the time and generally speaking

Men don't try to apply their make-up, do their hair, twiddle with the radio and text while they drive -- well, most of them do not

Men DO drive more miles, as someone's said.  Yes, young males are more prone to reckless behaviour so it's no surprise they show up in those stats

Given a choice, Cods, would you rather take your chances against male or female drivers?

Not saying there aren't some great female drivers, but gee, a lot of them are lethal

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:55pm

PZ547 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:19pm:
Men DO drive more miles, as someone's said.  Yes, young males are more prone to reckless behaviour so it's no surprise they show up in those stats

Given a choice, Cods, would you rather take your chances against male or female drivers?

Not saying there aren't some great female drivers, but gee, a lot of them are lethal

that old saying more men on the road is a furphy and you know it that may have applied 60 years ago but not anymore....you cant dispute the facts and figures can you???...

more men/males killed on the roads every day...

more cars in wreckers yards thanks to males...

more cars stolen thanks to males..

the only thing that females are not involved in is truck driving and look at the accidents on that score..

I personally dont think it should be a contest  as all I see is young females doing their best to equal males

and I dont think thats a good thing.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #6 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 3:12pm

My husband reckons I'm a good driver.. backseat driver that is  Tongue

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 3:20pm

cods wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:55pm:

that old saying more men on the road is a furphy and you know it that may have applied 60 years ago but not anymore....you cant dispute the facts and figures can you???...

the only thing that females are not involved in is truck driving and look at the accidents on that score..

I personally dont think it should be a contest  as all I see is young females doing their best to equal males

How many cabbies in Sydney and how many are females?

How many delivery trucks in and out of major cities -- BIG trucks.  How many of them driven by women?

Men stealing cars, joy-riding, speeding, hooning, etc. as compared with females - yes - men take countless more risks across the board, no question.  It's the reason all those crazy antics videos are on Youtube and tv.  Predominantly men leaping and riding bikes off rooftops, being dragged on mattresses, leaping from clifftops, etc.  That's men.  They're gamer, less cautious and yes, it carries through to driving vehicles, no argument

At the same time, men have faster reflexes, especially when young - they're like cats - split second decisions with lives on the line

Men have better eye-hand coordination, which is why most people prefer to watch male sports rather than women. Women are slower, clumsier, weaker and are usually dunces when it comes to catching and throwing

How many top female billiard players are there?  Any?  And what's billiards -- isn't it eye-hand, geometry?  Women only play billiards/snooker/pool because they want to be where the men are, want to impress, or maybe they're lesbians

All the skills which make a good billiard player come into play re: driving

Go watch the 'Women parking' videos on Youtube.  You'll be amazed and sick with laughter.  How can women be so useless at parking?  It's because they lack good eye-hand and geometric abilities.  Women just don't get it, can't do it, flap their hands, try sixty times and think they're cute because they're girls

How many women could manoeuvre the big grocery trucks into tiny lanes to supply supermarkets?  One, ten, in the whole of the country?

My son was hit four times last year by women who admitted fault in each case.  Four times. He no sooner got his car back from the menders and some woman hit him again -- in one suburb.  They went through red lights !  Claimed they didn't see him !  Hit him in the back and side.  Shot out of a side-street.  Would they have admitted it if he hadn't pointed out his array of dash-cams?  Who knows

Yes, some younger men are reckless drivers and their insurance premiums proves it.  But women are just generally hopeless in many instances.  Why not grab a ton of insurance claims to see what women offer as excuses

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #8 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 4:59pm

I used to be a good driver-  but am becoming complacent- I will do better.

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:07pm

PZ547 wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 3:20pm:
cods wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 2:55pm:

How many cabbies in Sydney and how many are females?

How many delivery trucks in and out of major cities -- BIG trucks.  How many of them driven by women?

Men stealing cars, joy-riding, speeding, hooning, etc. as compared with females - yes - men take countless more risks across the board, no question.  It's the reason all those crazy antics videos are on Youtube and tv.  Predominantly men leaping and riding bikes off rooftops, being dragged on mattresses, leaping from clifftops, etc.  That's men.  They're gamer, less cautious and yes, it carries through to driving vehicles, no argument

At the same time, men have faster reflexes, especially when young - they're like cats - split second decisions with lives on the line

Men have better eye-hand coordination, which is why most people prefer to watch male sports rather than women. Women are slower, clumsier, weaker and are usually dunces when it comes to catching and throwing

How many top female billiard players are there?  Any?  And what's billiards -- isn't it eye-hand, geometry?  Women only play billiards/snooker/pool because they want to be where the men are, want to impress, or maybe they're lesbians

All the skills which make a good billiard player come into play re: driving

Go watch the 'Women parking' videos on Youtube.  You'll be amazed and sick with laughter.  How can women be so useless at parking?  It's because they lack good eye-hand and geometric abilities.  Women just don't get it, can't do it, flap their hands, try sixty times and think they're cute because they're girls

How many women could manoeuvre the big grocery trucks into tiny lanes to supply supermarkets?  One, ten, in the whole of the country?

My son was hit four times last year by women who admitted fault in each case.  Four times. He no sooner got his car back from the menders and some woman hit him again -- in one suburb.  They went through red lights !  Claimed they didn't see him !  Hit him in the back and side.  Shot out of a side-street.  Would they have admitted it if he hadn't pointed out his array of dash-cams?  Who knows

Yes, some younger men are reckless drivers and their insurance premiums proves it.  But women are just generally hopeless in many instances.  Why not grab a ton of insurance claims to see what women offer as excuses

yes I know every one has a story on bad drivers..

but the op is the facts pz...why is it when they print up FACTS that agree with their point of view./.

then those FACTS are bloody right..

yet if they dont agree wiht those FACTS.. out come every reason in their opinion they are not correct..

I did mention women were not truck drivers... I do not know of taxi drivers during the day maybe women.. but I am also not aware of taxi drivers having a bad record of traffic offenses...

we are not talking about JOBS we are talking about Mr and Mrs average....most homes have two cars one for him one for her...some drivers travel on the open road more than others.. most women drive in traffic and have to deal with dropping off and picking up.. always a dogs dinner..

sorry about your sons experience but I am sure there are many women who have been cleaned up by males...I know in only two accidents I have had both were males and they hit me...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:09pm

Agnes wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 4:59pm:

you cant afford to be complacent behind the wheel these days ag....

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #11 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:13pm

Quote:
but the op is the facts pz...why is it when they print up FACTS that agree with their point of view./.

then those FACTS are bloody right..

yet if they dont agree wiht those FACTS.. out come every reason in their opinion they are not correct..

No the OP is a carefully worded puff piece.  These are the facts:

Quote:
•the generally higher casualty accident rate per kilometre driven by female drivers compared to males.

http://monash.edu/miri/research/reports/muarc088.pdf

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #12 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:18pm

cods wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:09pm:

Never had an accident yet cods and maybe it's  living in a country town where the slower paced life has influenced me somewhat- we don't have a single traffic light.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:26pm

Agnes wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:18pm:
cods wrote on Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:09pm:

Never had an accident yet cods and maybe it's  living in a country town where the slower paced life has influenced me somewhat- we don't have a single traffic light.

YET.  I know a few people who went to great lengths to get their drivers licence in a town like that...lol.. even though they lived in Canberra.. one got hers in Port Hedland..when it was a one horse town..and roundabouts terrified her.. and thats about all Canerra is made of roundabouts....what a system..

well done about the accident record.. lets hope thats how it remains..

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #14 - Mar 4th, 2015 at 5:44pm

Well that's me- got my license in the bush- not even a round a bout in featured in my driving lessons- and I reversed parked between 2 horses lol ( joke about the horse )

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print