Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"Ms Gambaro said it was “regrettable”.." (Read 10173 times)
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

"Ms Gambaro said it was “regrettable”.."
Feb 8th, 2015 at 12:32pm

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Re: "Ms Gambaro said it was “regrettable”.."
Reply #1 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 12:45pm

Listen you Copper Nosed ...nt

Please copy and paste the articles of that Murdoch The Australian paper as most on here are too poor to subscribe

Yours Sincerely Red

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #2 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 12:55pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Feb 8th, 2015 at 12:45pm:

Please copy and paste the articles of that Murdoch The Australian paper as most on here are too poor to subscribe

Yours Sincerely Red

Not all articles are behind a paywall... you think I'd pay to get the ones that are  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #3 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 1:00pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Feb 8th, 2015 at 12:55pm:

Yours Sincerely Red

Not all articles are behind a paywall... you think I'd pay to get the ones that are  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

That is funny, as every one in a link on here seems to be, have you tried your own link as a matter of interest as it didnt work for me...weird ?

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #4 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 1:02pm

Alright, well that article seems to be behind a paywall BUT I was looking at another article,... read the name "Teresa Gambaro" and highlighted it with my left mouse button,... right clicked on the highlighted section to bring up the menu option that allowed me to select 'search Google for "Teresa Gambaro"' and it found me an article by The Australian... I clicked on it and voila, I could read it.

It appears that is a little trick that allows you to sneak behind the paywall...  Smiley Smiley

TRY IT... TELL ME IF IT WORKS  Smiley

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #5 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 1:04pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Feb 8th, 2015 at 1:00pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Feb 8th, 2015 at 12:55pm:

Yours Sincerely Red

That is funny, as every one in a link on here seems to be, have you tried your own link as a matter of interest as it didnt work for me...weird ?

yes I did... but it seems there is a computer error on the internet that allows you to bypass the paywall  Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #6 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 1:10pm

Yeah you may have something there, I have done that on a couple and it seems to work.

Well Done ...dont tell Rupert!

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #7 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 1:25pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Feb 8th, 2015 at 1:10pm:
Yeah you may have something there, I have done that on a couple and it seems to work.

Well Done ...dont tell Rupert!

It would seem like such an error could easily be fixed so I find it strange that it hasn't but I know nothing about computers and programming though apparently a few on here do....

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 1:28pm

instead of whinging about it, why not copy paste the story so the rest of us have some idea what you're on about?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #9 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 2:09pm

It has disappeared off their site!

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #10 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 3:26pm

John Smith wrote on Feb 8th, 2015 at 1:28pm:
instead of whinging about it, why not copy paste the story so the rest of us have some idea what you're on about?

Liberal MP Teresa Gambaro attacks Abbott’s mooted deficit levy
THE AUSTRALIAN MAY 07, 2014 1:29PM
Print
Save for later
Jared Owens

Reporter
Canberra
https://plus.google.com/116039583906467076146
Patricia Karvelas

Victoria Editor
Melbourne
https://plus.google.com/106140687680516794384

Federal cabinet finalises budget details
Federal cabinet finalises budget detailsThis video is no longer available
QST_CNN_LITERACYBrisbane MP Teresa Gambaro joins fellow promininet Liberals former treasurer Peter Costello, backbencher Warren Entsch and conservative senator Cory Bernardi in critising the debt levy. Picture: Peter Cronin Source: News Limited
Federal cabinet finalises budget detailsQST_CNN_LITERACY
VETERAN Liberal MP Teresa Gambaro has attacked the government’s mooted deficit levy as “a breach of a promise” that will have “devastating impacts on the economy”, as the Business Council of Australia cautioned against sending “unpredictable tax signals” to foreign investors.

BCA president Jennifer Westacott this morning also criticised the buying of access to politicians through political donations and attacked the audit commission’s proposal to slash the minimum wage as a “too severe and too harsh” assault on “a very important social safety net”.

A senior Liberal has cautioned Ms Gambaro against any further “pre-emptive” budget comment after she this morning joined a growing Liberal revolt against the proposed income tax increase on higher earners.

“I don’t see that there has been a case made for a debt levy and I would see it as a breach of a promise,” Ms Gambaro, a former Howard government assistant minister who holds Queensland’s highest-earning electorate, told News Corp.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

MORECoalition is painted into a corner
MOREPM protects company tax cut
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

“It will have devastating impacts on the economy and people’s confidence. We went to the Australian people with the promise of being a government of no surprises.

“Playing political games of what is and what may be in the budget is a breach of trust and doesn’t provide people with the certainty that they need.”

Other prominent Liberals to raise concerns about the proposed levy – which would likely target incomes above at least $150,000 – include former treasurer Peter Costello, backbencher Warren Entsch and conservative Liberal backbencher Senator Cory Bernardi.

Senator Bernardi has used his newsletter to attack the Abbott Government’s planned deficit levy, declaring his collegues agree with him.

“Since my foray last week into the folly of tax hikes, a growing number of MPs and business people have come to a similar conclusion. Perhaps most notable was former federal treasurer Peter Costello. There are now press reports that the mooted new tax is being revised, although I hope (for the good of the country) it will simply disappear”.

“Most of the people I have been speaking to this week hope it disappears too. It seems all the budget speculation is causing serious concern for members of the community. I have had aged pensioners in tears during calls to my office because of what they think might be in the budget. Business people are worried about potential increased costs while families are concerned about how they are going to pay the bills if things are made tougher for them”.

Assistant infrastructure minister Jamie Briggs told Sky News: “I think it would be wise for Teresa to wait until Tuesday to start expressing views on the budget until she’s seen the entire budget.

“It seems a little pre-emptive for her to be commenting publicly in the media about something she doesn’t know the detail of.”

Ms Westacott warned the tax increase would curb consumer spending, slowing economic growth, and send “unpredictable tax signals” to foreign investors.

“If you’re going to do tax changes, you’ve got to do them as part of tax reform. We can’t keep saying we’re going to have a temporary levy every time something can’t be solved through hard political decision-making,” Ms Westacott told ABC Radio.

“Let’s not keep … sending these unpredictable tax signals. I hear from people overseas ‘we want to see predictability in your tax system; we get very anxious as investors when governments just pluck something out of the air without some kind of proper comprehensive review of the tax system.”

The audit commission, chaired by then BCA president Tony Shepherd, last week recommended cutting the minimum wage by between about $50 and $124 per week depending on the state and territory in which the worker lives.

Ms Westacott said: “I have a real problem with the minimum wage recommendations and I think they’re too severe and too harsh.

“The minimum wage is a very important social safety net and I think if you’re going to look at the minimum wage you have to ask: ‘Is it a barrier to young people and long-term unemployed people entering the workforce?’

“I think there’s a philosophical sort of view about what sort of society we want to live in.”

Ms Westacott said it was not right for business people to make campaign contributions in exchange for political access.

“I think this idea of someone getting money for a meeting … erodes public confidence in our political institutions,” Ms Westacott said.

The...

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #11 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 3:31pm

“I think this idea of someone getting money for a meeting … erodes public confidence in our political institutions,” Ms Westacott said.

The NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption today resumes its investigation of illicit donations to the Liberal Party.

Joe Hockey is also facing public scrutiny over a fundraising vehicle in his electorate, North Sydney Forum, which accepts donations of up to $22,000 in exchange for meetings with the Treasurer.

Households in Ms Gambaro’s marginal seat of Brisbane earned a medium weekly income of $2337 in 2011. The highest-earning seats were Malcolm Turnbull’s Wentworth, Joe Hockey’s North Sydney and Julie Bishop’s Curtin.

<<

What would we do without smithy  Cheesy??

As for rednecks comment about "it's disappeared off the site"  the trick does seem to have changed... I had to go to the second page of 'web' results ... I tried, firstly, clicking 'news' and the link from that didn't work but the link from page 2 of the 'web' category results did: strange, surely!!

An hour ago there was none of that nonsense... so , I dunno maybe one of the resident computer boffins knows  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print