Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
She doesn't even know the GST is 10%!!! (Read 2740 times)
Cliff48
Gold Member

Australian Politics />

Canberra
Re: She doesn't even know the GST is 10%!!!
Reply #15 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:59am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:10am:
St George of the Garden wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 6:29am:
End of an election campaign Leaders are tired and frazzled and the odd gaffe is made.

The GST didn't come into effect yesterday. It's been around a while. Most of the kids in Year 10 at my local school could tell you what the GST tax rate is.

Newman couldn't/w2ouldn't answer either.

IP Logged

St George of the Garden
Gold Member

http://tinyurl.com/n
3o8m2x

Reply #16 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 8:01am

I noticed that, I am sure he couldn’t come up with the figure right there and then either.

I want Muso as GMod. Bring back Muso!
WWW Friends of the National Broadband Network  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 8:26am

St George of the Garden wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:44am:
salad in wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:08am:
She should have asked economic savant Wayne Swan for a few lessons on financial matters before she appeared on the show. Mr Swan is an expert in financial theory.

Better to ask Swan than hokey in any case!

Swan did get us the 9As, we did become the 12th largest economy under his watch.

Hokey? Just doubled the deficit. Another Hokey Budget and we could lose some of our 9As.

SWANDIVE he did give us the our very own LARGEST DEBT IN OUR HISTORY.... why do you guys keep forgetting that little bit???

do not forget WE HAD NOT A THING TO SHOW FOR ANY OF IT EITHER>>

not a level crossing fixed no homeless in new homes...no hospitals fixed.....and the education revolution.. went where???? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

oh thats right GOINGSKI.

then we have the unfunded NDIS.which like all SWANDIVES efforts blew out to look nothing like they predicted...ho hum lets forget all that Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #18 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 8:42am

cods wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 8:26am:
She should have asked economic savant Wayne Swan for a few lessons on financial matters before she appeared on the show. Mr Swan is an expert in financial theory.

Swan did get us the 9As, we did become the 12th largest economy under his watch.

Hokey? Just doubled the deficit. Another Hokey Budget and we could lose some of our 9As.

SWANDIVE he did give us the our very own LARGEST DEBT IN OUR HISTORY.... why do you guys keep forgetting that little bit???

not a level crossing fixed no homeless in new homes...no hospitals fixed.....and the education revolution.. went where???? Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

oh thats right GOINGSKI.

then we have the unfunded NDIS.which like all SWANDIVES efforts blew out to look nothing like they predicted...ho hum lets forget all that Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

‘Australian households defied the global financial crisis with average household incomes growing 15 per cent since 2008, or $5,324 per annum after cost of living increases.’

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #19 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 8:56am

Quote:
She doesn't even know the GST is 10%!!!

Better than the current Premier maybe knows what it is but intends to help increase it to 15%.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #20 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:00am

oh thats right GOINGSKI.

Quote:
SWANDIVE he did give us the our very own LARGEST DEBT IN OUR HISTORY

Burn the house down Joe has dramatically increased the debt ?  i.e. that is a new Liberal generated largest debt in our history and wasted absolutely no time doing it. Smoky the dumb and Boo Boo Abbott have managed to about double the debt Labor accumulated over 6 years in not much more than 12 months.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:26am

Swagman wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:27am:
End of an election campaign Leaders are tired and frazzled and the odd gaffe is made.

......as long as she forgets the PIN number for the State's credit card.... Cheesy Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy,

F#ck me,  i'm seriously learning mandarin, Cantonese and Indonesian now.
This has to be some sort of east Asian coup to saddle us with numpty leaders so that the takeover can proceed more quickly.

50 billion worth of assets to be sold to the chinese GOVERNMENT by Campbell and a labor leader who , like Bligh before, is seriously unfit to do the cash register for a sausage sizzle outside Bunnings

There simply is no hope for the country.
Its like being Irwin rommell in 1944.
Might as well just take cyanide and be done with it,
I'll be insisting my daughters  marry chinese nationals , so they may be spared the humiliation of being the "comfort women" of our new chinese overlords.
Swag, we have fought the good fight but it is time to negotiate with the victors.
Learn chinese my friend

IP Logged

Phemanderac
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:33am

To be fair, neither actually answered the question and, to my mind at least, the most reasonable assumption for this lack of answering is that both could not decide to answer 10% or the percentage most likely to be changed too...

On the 26th of January you are all invited to celebrate little white penal day...

"They're not rules as such, more like guidelines" Pirates of the Caribbean..

IP Logged

St George of the Garden
Gold Member

3o8m2x

Reply #23 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:40am

oh thats right GOINGSKI.

Au contraire cods. There was a massive program of roadbuilding on the way, the Libs cut that and branded the remainder as “new” works! Schools had the new school buildings, for many schools, the first new buildings in 50 or 100 years!

The other thing—highest unemployment level during the GFC was 5.8%. It is now more like 6.4%.

If you want real wasteful spending—Howard DID spend $350Bn of boom time revenue on tax cuts and pork. $350Bn gone—no new roads, hospitals, schools, 18 broadband policies but nothing actually done and do on.

Debt—your Libs have made the situation MUCH worse, so much the spectre of deflation is rearing its ugly head!

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:41am

Wow, looks like you had a double dose of delusion for brekky today!

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

St George of the Garden
Gold Member

3o8m2x

Reply #25 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:54am

Not that you would know Armpit, you get your “information” straight from the DT  Cheesy

We DID get the 9As under Swan not Costello.

We DID grow while other economies shrunk, 12th largest we are or were.

As I just explained to cods we DID get real benefits out of Labor’s handling of the economy, school buildings, roads, the NBN rollout started.

Now we have none of that but double the debt.

Try and think—if Labor had run a surplus through ALL its six years:
1. Unemployment would be about 30%, PS wages and pensions half, real misery and poverty

2. Marginal tax rates would be double what they are now as would the GST

3. There would be no roadbuilding, no new school buildings, not even a pretend NBN like now

4. We would be having 2% deflation

Instead we had modest debt mostly due to the built in spending and tax cuts left by Howard and Costello. Any government can cut spending by $60bn pa and growing by tackling Howard’s legacy of waste still in the Budget and undoing 2 or 3 of the last tax cuts.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #26 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:12am

I'm eternally safe in my studiedly neutral position of saying that I am astounded at the kind of twists on all sides we elect to a life of luxury.....

Voting rights should be restricted to people with no property and no money, so as to address the genuine issues...... and to prevent ongoing 'upper class twits' from getting into politics and wrecking it for everyone else.

Power to the People....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

St George of the Garden
Gold Member

3o8m2x

Reply #27 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:43am

St George of the Garden wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:54am:
Not that you would know Armpit, you get your “information” straight from the DT  Cheesy

We DID get the 9As under Swan not Costello.

We DID grow while other economies shrunk, 12th largest we are or were.

As I just explained to cods we DID get real benefits out of Labor’s handling of the economy, school buildings, roads, the NBN rollout started.

Now we have none of that but double the debt.

Try and think—if Labor had run a surplus through ALL its six years:
1. Unemployment would be about 30%, PS wages and pensions half, real misery and poverty

2. Marginal tax rates would be double what they are now as would the GST

3. There would be no roadbuilding, no new school buildings, not even a pretend NBN like now

4. We would be having 2% deflation

Instead we had modest debt mostly due to the built in spending and tax cuts left by Howard and Costello. Any government can cut spending by $60bn pa and growing by tackling Howard’s legacy of waste still in the Budget and undoing 2 or 3 of the last tax cuts.

Come on, so much castigating of “waste” of “out of control Labor spending” etc etc. If you wanted Labor to run at a surplus the above are some of the things that would have to have been done! Can you think and post, seriously, any way deficits could have been avoided other than the above type of actions? We tried in the 1930s, I suggest you read up on The Premiers’ Plan and the misery that brought for 10 years.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:44am

aquascoot wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:26am:
Swagman wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:27am:

......as long as she forgets the PIN number for the State's credit card.... Cheesy Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy,

F#ck me,  i'm seriously learning mandarin, Cantonese and Indonesian now.
This has to be some sort of east Asian coup to saddle us with numpty leaders so that the takeover can proceed more quickly.

50 billion worth of assets to be sold to the chinese GOVERNMENT by Campbell and a labor leader who , like Bligh before, is seriously unfit to do the cash register for a sausage sizzle outside Bunnings

There simply is no hope for the country.
Its like being Irwin rommell in 1944.
Might as well just take cyanide and be done with it,
I'll be insisting my daughters  marry chinese nationals , so they may be spared the humiliation of being the "comfort women" of our new chinese overlords.
Swag, we have fought the good fight but it is time to negotiate with the victors.
Learn chinese my friend

This is some of it, the link given to me by a qrail employee.

bye bye Queensland

City passenger rail services and network infrastructure be opened up to contestability, like bus services, to allow different providers, including private providers, to bid to operate services and maintain below-rail assets in a particular franchised area under franchise and lease arrangements.

Accepted

Competitive tendering be introduced for long distance and tourist passenger rail service contracts, including :  evaluating the number of routes serviced and frequencies, franchisees and franchise areas before initiating the tender;  owning the rolling stock required to provide the services in a State Government entity, and lease this to the franchisee for the term of the contract.

Accepted

Competitive tendering be introduced for bus service contracts throughout Queensland, including evaluating the number of routes serviced and frequencies, franchisees and franchise areas before initiating the tender.

Accepted

As part of long-term leases, the Government pursue opportunities to increase value through aggregation of assets, as follows:

aggregation of the Mt Isa rail freight line with the Port of Townsville, as per Recommendation 18
aggregation of pilotage services with port facilities, to increase the scope of services that the leased ports are able to manage.

Accepted in principle

Oh no not our water too

SunWater finalise the transfer of its irrigation channels to private irrigators and withdraw fully from this activity.

Accepted

The Government seek expressions of interest for remaining Commercial Business Units (CBUs) services for QBuild, Project Services and RoadTek provided in regional areas.  Following market testing, government provision of services in these areas should continue only where there is an identified gap in private provision.

Accepted

The Government contract out all of the services of QFleet to the private sector.

Accepted

https://www.treasury.qld.gov.au/publications-resources/coa-response/better-servi...

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

MOTR
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 6:53pm

Armchair_Politician wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 7:10am:

The GST didn't come into effect yesterday. It's been around a while. Most of the kids in Year 10 at my local school could tell you what the GST tax rate is.

Rubbish. Most kids today are so politically disengaged they wouldn't have a clue.

Makes you realise how beholden our political leaders are to the political systems that keep them in place.

Hunt says Coalition accepts IPCC findings

"What does this mean? It means that we need to do practical things that actually reduce emissions."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print