Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
How to get three coffees for the price of one !! (Read 1894 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: How to get three coffees for the price of one !!
Reply #30 - Jan 29th, 2015 at 9:54pm

longweekend58 wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 4:10pm:
cods wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 8:24am:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 8:10am:
longweekend58 wrote on Jan 29th, 2015 at 7:57am:
I don't drink coffee at all.  I drink Diet Coke.  I don't drink alcohol, smoke or take drugs.  DC is my one vice.

You talk complete and utter rubbish though, that makes up for your other abstinences.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

you forgot to mention the abuse as well... Wink Wink

says the clown that calls people pedo supporters because they are at odds with her well-documented HYSTERIA.  More than most, you deserve what you get.

You are an apologist for clergy pedos. That is an undeniable fact !!

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #31 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:47am

Sir lastnail wrote on Jan 28th, 2015 at 11:42am:

"Freshly ground bean" coffee for $1 at your local 7-11 store.

Ca-fee La-tee, Flat white, Cappuccino etc are all available. You just have to press a few buttons and walla your coffee is ready to go !!

I have in-laws with pod machines
They never fool a
Lygon Street, Carlton

- or a Norton Street, Leichhardt - connoisseur

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Wolseley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #32 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:28pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 11:47am:
They never fool a
Lygon Street, Carlton

I think Norton Street is somewhat overrated.  You're more likely to get a really good coffee in Surry Hills or Newtown.

IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:30pm

Ca-fee La-tee, Flat white, Cappuccino etc are all available. You just have to press a few buttons and walla your coffee is ready to go !!

They never fool a
Lygon Street, Carlton

https://pbxmastragics.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/melbourne-lygon-street.jpg

all the males in the photo appear to be gay.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #34 - Jan 30th, 2015 at 10:43pm

ian wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:30pm:

They never fool a
Lygon Street, Carlton

all the males in the photo appear to be gay.

They're probably just well dressed
- and a little foreign to your socio-economic demographic

You do seem to be carrying a bit of a
gay pre-occupation
, though ?

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 8:01am

I have a Giotto like this. Cost me $2700. Had it for 6 years and it hasn't skipped a beat. If you can afford the initial investment and you drink at least 1 good coffee every day, this thing saves you money in the long run and you get great coffee.    

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #36 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 8:18am

Wolseley wrote on Jan 30th, 2015 at 9:28pm:
They never fool a
Lygon Street, Carlton

I think Norton Street is somewhat overrated.  You're more likely to get a really good coffee in Surry Hills or Newtown.

The last real coffee machine I had came out of a restaurant on Norton Street - it made great coffee - if you started with great coffee beans or great pre ground coffee.

The coffee is half the trick and everyone's taste in coffee is different. I like a mild low oil blend.

Norton street was the best (if you knew where to go) I can not say if it still is at that standard.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #37 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 8:21am

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 8:01am:
I have a Giotto like this. Cost me $2700. Had it for 6 years and it hasn't skipped a beat. If you can afford the initial investment and you drink at least 1 good coffee every day, this thing saves you money in the long run and you get great coffee.    

http://cafecorporate.com.au/media/wysiwyg/Espresso_Machines.gif

Beautiful machine.

The first coffee cost $2701.00 after that between 50c and $1.20 each.

These things can be a great investment in your kitchen and in your lifestyle, not so sure that they ever really pay for themselves but I would love to have one.

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 8:47am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 8:21am:

Beautiful machine.

The first coffee cost $2701.00 after that between 50c and $1.20 each.

These things can be a great investment in your kitchen and in your lifestyle, not so sure that they ever really pay for themselves but I would love to have one.
Yeah, I'm not entirely sure either because of course there are a lot of factors and $2700 in 1 lump sum is much more valuable then money saved up over time to equal that amount.   But my wife and I both drink coffee every day, that's 2 cups at a minimum, 7 days a week (not of course counting that extra cup a few times a week plus friends over for morning/afternoon tea and dinner parties etc).  A good cup of coffee at a decent coffee shop is a minimum of $3.50 X2 = $7.00 X 7(days a week) = $50 per week. We would go through 250 grams of good coffee a week (that's $15) plus milk (say $2.50).  So all up we spend about $17.50 per week instead of $50.00 just on the coffee and we always have breakfast at home (because I make homemade sourdough bread and toasted in the morning both my wife and I wouldn't swap it for any breakfast you get on the street). So all I'm pretty sure its paid for itself and in any event we get great coffee.  I should mention you also need a good grinder which costs a minimum of $700.00 and after that there's a few accessories (milk jug etc) but they often come with the machine. And after that your all set up. My wife and I are very happy we bought this machine.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 9:39am

Packing that pod with coffee and then having to dispose of it is really yesterdays technology. With this new machine you just press a few buttons and wait Wink

I suppose it was inevitable that the labour of making a coffee was going to be replaced by a machine Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 10:18am

Sir lastnail wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 9:39am:

Packing that pod with coffee and then having to dispose of it is really yesterdays technology. With this new machine you just press a few buttons and wait Wink

I suppose it was inevitable that the labour of making a coffee was going to be replaced by a machine Wink
Yeah but I prefer to make my own. That way I get the coffee as I like it. Also my daughter has a pod coffee maker and I took apart one of those pods and it looked like nescafe stale granulated coffee to me. And once you get their machine your stuck with their coffee at their prices and you can bet the pods will get more and more expensive and the quality will drop off dramatically.  I know that's the way the world is going but now that I am retired I can afford the time to have control over these things and do it my way and not skimp on quality.   

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 10:22am

ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 10:18am:

Yeah but I prefer to make my own. That way I get the coffee as I like it. Also my daughter has a pod coffee maker and I took apart one of those pods and it looked like nescafe stale granulated coffee to me. And once you get their machine your stuck with their coffee at their prices and you can bet the pods will get more and more expensive and the quality will drop off dramatically.  I know that's the way the world is going but now that I am retired I can afford the time to have control over these things and do it my way and not skimp on quality.   

Yes but the 7-11 machine gives you freshly ground coffee. You don't get that out of a packet Wink

IP Logged

ImSpartacus2
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Jan 31st, 2015 at 10:57am

Sir lastnail wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 10:22am:
ImSpartacus2 wrote on Jan 31st, 2015 at 10:18am:

Yes but the 7-11 machine gives you freshly ground coffee. You don't get that out of a packet Wink
Well that's a plus.  OK I'll give it a try next time I'm on the road and tell you what i think

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print