Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
David Hicks about to become a millionaire? (Read 3952 times)
Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: David Hicks about to become a millionaire?
Reply #15 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:45am

Redmond Neck wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:26am:
cods wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:18am:
as far as I remember.. we couldnt tell another govt how to run there war against terrorists....like it or not Hicks went where he went of his own free will...be bragged and sent pictures of himself acting very brave...and he did come out against his own country...

i dont like him think he can tell just as big lies as the next person...yep he will get money dont they all.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

do I think its disgusting yes I do...do I think he deserves it no I dont...

but I have no voice in this...I hope whatever he gets doesnt do him any good whatsoever.

Agreee he should get bugger all!

He had the intent to fight, when he was caught training with a terror organisation.

He wasn't caught training with anyone and he had no intention of fighting when he was caught.

When caught he was unarmed and trying to leave the country.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #16 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:48am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:45am:
as far as I remember.. we couldnt tell another govt how to run there war against terrorists....like it or not Hicks went where he went of his own free will...be bragged and sent pictures of himself acting very brave...and he did come out against his own country...

i dont like him think he can tell just as big lies as the next person...yep he will get money dont they all.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

but I have no voice in this...I hope whatever he gets doesnt do him any good whatsoever.

He had the intent to fight, when he was caught training with a terror organisation.

He wasn't caught training with anyone and he had no intention of fighting when he was caught.

Oh!

Bloody coward terrorist,  well he still deserves bugger all!

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:50am

Oh so he went through all this trouble travelling to afghanistan TO JOIN THE TALIBAN, knowing who they were ??? and we should support him because he got cold feet along the way, DAMN THAT SCUM, DNAEVER.

OH WELL IF THOSE FROM AUSTRALIA WHO FOUGHT FOR ISSIS EVER MANAGE TO SUCCESSFULLY COME BACK HERE, DNAEVER WOULD BE IN THERE CORNER TO SUPPORT THEM.

Dnaever must be related to DAME PANSI,  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #18 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:53am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:53am:
cods wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:32am:
Dnarever wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:14am:
He actually should be compensated after being illegally held in detention for 8 years with no charge, threatened with a kangaroo court, tortured and finally made to admit to a bogus retrospective charge all while being let down by an Australian government desperate to abrogate their responsibility to Australian citizens.

His treatment was a disgrace.

where did all that happen????? Roll Eyes

what did australia have to do with it?.

we have a guy sitting in an Egyptian jail right now he claims he has done nothing wrong as well.

will we compensate him???...
maybe he should change his religion to Islam seem to get them over the live every time

The Australian government is supporting his case and trying to make arrangements to get him out.

In the Hicks case the Australian government did the opposite. Had they asked for him to be returned to Australia he would have been returned - this is what happened with British and Canadians that were held and the US confirmed that a request by Australia would have got the same result.

Hicks was left to rot in GTMO because the Howard government wanted him to stay there.

My understanding is that he isn't asking for any compensation.

like it or not Hicks went where he went of his own free will

Yes he is guilty of being stupid but unfortunately that isn't what he was charged with or imprisoned for.

He was in fact imprisoned for 8 years with no charges against him and no prospect of a fair trial. This is a breach of both Australian and USA legal standards. The Australian government supported this abuse of his rights

Quote:
we couldn't tell another govt how to run there war against terrorists

Asking for Australian citizens to be returned is not in this category and as stated the UK and Canada had no problem doing it.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #19 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 9:03am

stryder wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:50am:

Oh so he went through all this trouble travelling to afghanistan TO JOIN THE TALIBAN, knowing who they were ??? and we should support him because he got cold feet along the way, DAMN THAT SCUM, DNAEVER.

OH WELL IF THOSE FROM AUSTRALIA WHO FOUGHT FOR ISSIS EVER MANAGE TO SUCCESSFULLY COME BACK HERE, DNAEVER WOULD BE IN THERE CORNER TO SUPPORT THEM.

Quote:
Oh so he went through all this trouble travelling to afghanistan TO JOIN THE TALIBAN, knowing who they were ???

When Hicks was with the Talaban they were not considered to be a terrorist organisation and in fact were acting part of the Afahan armed forces. There was no Australian Law against him being there or being part of the Afghan forces.

As soon as the USA and Australia invaded the country he was trying to exit, he didn't fight against Australia or the USA.

This is not the same as people fighting with ISIL which is a recognised terrorist organisation involved in terrorist activity.

I would have been on side with Hicks being punished had he been identified as having broken a law tried for the offence and convicted.

The problem is that he was held without a charge being laid for 8 years with no court case or any due process. This is very different and a clear abuse of his rights. The abuse was fully supported by the Howard government.

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 9:09am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 9:03am:
stryder wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:50am:

Quote:
Oh so he went through all this trouble travelling to afghanistan TO JOIN THE TALIBAN, knowing who they were ???

When Hicks was with the Talaban they were not considered to be a terrorist organisation and in fact were acting part of the Afahan armed forces. There was no Australian Law against him being there or being part of the Afghan forces.

As soon as the USA and Australia invaded the country he was trying to exit, he didn't fight against Australia or the USA.

This is not the same as people fighting with ISIL which is a recognised terrorist organisation involved in terrorist activity.

I would have been on side with Hicks being punished had he been identified as having broken a law tried for the offence and convicted.

The problem is that he was held without a charge being laid for 8 years with no court case or any due process. This is very different and a clear abuse of his rights. The abuse was fully supported by the Howard government.

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Oh i love how he splits hairs through legal technicality, BETWEEN TWO EVIL RADICAL ISLAMISTS, to excuse david hicks stupid idiotic decisions.

« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2015 at 9:42am by stryder »  

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #21 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 9:24am

I hope Hicks is compensated well and that he receives the apology he deserves. It's important for Hicks himself, but I'd also like to see it for his father.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 9:48am

how do you know that??? oh thats right he said he was...lolol..

he also bragged about eating with Osama he was overwhelmed.....

he was 26 for gods sake.. he knew exactly what he was doing...even converting....now of course he is milking it for everything...

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #23 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 9:52am

david hicks is innocent by a US court

this court knows much more about the situation than you

they are privy to the facts

you repeat the non data which is the programming you received from your medias and politicians

this damage is worth buku cash and wealth

because there are inadequate incompetent views

held by ones such as you are that are false and lies

these lies are repeated by ignorant beings such as yourself

this is forgiven yes yet it is worth buku cash

so be at peace

namaste

- : ) =

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #24 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 9:53am

He hasn't committed a crime, Cods. It doesn't matter if people like what he did - an innocent man was tortured, spent a long time in prison and was demonised and humiliated because of lies.

If it's allowed to slide without an uproar, who's next?

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #25 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 9:58am

cods wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 9:48am:

he was 26 for gods sake.. he knew exactly what he was doing...even converting....now of course he is milking it for everything...

you are corrected from your ignorance

the US court knows more than you

you are just stirring and this is forgiven

so be at peace

namaste

- : ) =

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 10:00am

It seems that someone else was overwhelmed with Osama.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 10:01am

Annie Anthrax wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 9:53am:
He hasn't committed a crime, Cods. It doesn't matter if people like what he did - an innocent man was tortured, spent a long time in prison and was demonised and humiliated because of lies.

If it's allowed to slide without an uproar, who's next?

well maybe not in your eyes.. you have to go back to the times it took place...the world our world was in a different place then...he was praising the taliban and Osama to the highest....I still wonder...

what would he have done had he not been arrested??>>>dna believes he was on his way home...how do we know he wasnt off for more terrorist training...and from there what???>..

maybe the fact he was arrested did him the best service...it may have stopped him chopping off heads eventually...who knows???

IP Logged

Happy Lucky
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 10:02am

Hicks might get his money but his face is mud no matter where he goes. Somebody somewhere is going to know who he is. That's right- a Taliban fighter!!! Imagine being seen as a traitor in your own country??

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 10:02am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 10:00am:

It seems that someone else was overwhelmed with Osama.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/05/22/movies/23postal.xlarge1.jpg

pansi you are doing a Light.bad taste old girl..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print