Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
David Hicks about to become a millionaire? (Read 3985 times)
Lord Herbert
Gold Member

David Hicks about to become a millionaire?
Jan 25th, 2015 at 5:30am

link

At a word from the Americans, David Hicks will be the lucky recipient of millions in compensation from the Australian government.

What a lovely prospect for him.

An apology from the Australian government ... followed by a King's Ransom that will set him up in clover for the rest of his life.

It all goes to shown that converting to Islam can sometimes be a good career move.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: David Hicks about to become a millionaire?
Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 6:14am

yeah I think we are getting ready to reward Schapelle as well maybe their own TV show...

its sort of the stolen generation all over again isnt it??..

I have always said.... we will never know what David Hicks was capable of.. had he not been arrested???who knows what he would have done..

somehow these people never get tarnished with their own stupidity I mean.. both were caught ... what was the reason behind them being singled out??????????..

was it something Australians said at the time?????>>.

must have been seeing as how we will pay. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 6:42am

cods wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 6:14am:
yeah I think we are getting ready to reward Schapelle as well maybe their own TV show...

Schapelle? She's not in any queue for government compensation.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 6:50am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 6:42am:
cods wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 6:14am:

Schapelle? She's not in any queue for government compensation.

I think a TV show in her honor.. I mean we will roll out the red wont we when she returns???....Ned Kelly wasnt all bad and now we have forgiven him with a special burial.....

why does everything appear to be inside out or upside down...the badder we are the more rewards??...

go to jail.. and they get time off for good behavior...even some money when they leave.someone to look out for them and find a job for them..

we do the right think all our lives and get punished for saving a few dollars for our old age....

it all seems arse up to me.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:06am

cods wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 6:50am:
... it all seems arse up to me.

Let's leave Muslims out of this, shall we?

She broke a law, but that's not to say she did anything morally wrong.

In fact the bar-owners and all those other Indonesians who make a handsome living by trafficking alcohol to the holiday-makers are far more in breach of their Islamic religion than Schapelle was morally at fault with hers.

It was marijuana ~ not ice, or heroin, or cocaine.

If she gets a motza appearing on TV shows ~ then good luck to her. How much commercial time did the TV stations sell over the years with stories about Schapelle Corby?

Pot ... Kettle ... black.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #5 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:14am

He actually should be compensated after being illegally held in detention for 8 years with no charge, threatened with a kangaroo court, tortured and finally made to admit to a bogus retrospective charge all while being let down by an Australian government desperate to abrogate their responsibility to Australian citizens.

His treatment was a disgrace.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:16am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:14am:
He actually should be compensated after being illegally held in detention for 8 years with no charge, threatened with a kangaroo court, tortured and finally made to admit to a bogus retrospective charge all while being let down by an Australian government desperate to abrogate their responsibility to Australian citizens.

Didn't he join an organisation that Australia was at war with at the time?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #7 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:18am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:16am:

Didn't he join an organisation that Australia was at war with at the time?

No.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:32am

where did all that happen????? Roll Eyes

what did australia have to do with it?.

we have a guy sitting in an Egyptian jail right now he claims he has done nothing wrong as well.

will we compensate him???...
maybe he should change his religion to Islam seem to get them over the live every time

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:42am

Lord Herbert wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 5:30am:
link

At a word from the Americans, David Hicks will be the lucky recipient of millions in compensation from the Australian government.

What a lovely prospect for him.

An apology from the Australian government ... followed by a King's Ransom that will set him up in clover for the rest of his life.

It all goes to shown that converting to Islam can sometimes be a good career move.

Cant believe that, that scum should get nothing.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #10 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:53am

cods wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:32am:

we have a guy sitting in an Egyptian jail right now he claims he has done nothing wrong as well.

maybe he should change his religion to Islam seem to get them over the live every time

The Australian government is supporting his case and trying to make arrangements to get him out.

In the Hicks case the Australian government did the opposite. Had they asked for him to be returned to Australia he would have been returned - this is what happened with British and Canadians that were held and the US confirmed that a request by Australia would have got the same result.

Hicks was left to rot in GTMO because the Howard government wanted him to stay there.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #11 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:09am

The yanks should compensate him, they ran the kangaroo court that convicted him.

Besides US lawyers would be  better at sueing on Hicks behalf

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #12 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:13am

many blessings david hicks

he has been found innocent in a US court

and as such he is now , a very rich man

and so be it thats the rules here china

so be it

namaste

- : ) =

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:18am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:53am:
cods wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 7:32am:

The Australian government is supporting his case and trying to make arrangements to get him out.

In the Hicks case the Australian government did the opposite. Had they asked for him to be returned to Australia he would have been returned - this is what happened with British and Canadians that were held and the US confirmed that a request by Australia would have got the same result.

Hicks was left to rot in GTMO because the Howard government wanted him to stay there.

as far as I remember.. we couldnt tell another govt how to run there war against terrorists....like it or not Hicks went where he went of his own free will...be bragged and sent pictures of himself acting very brave...and he did come out against his own country...

i dont like him think he can tell just as big lies as the next person...yep he will get money dont they all.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

do I think its disgusting yes I do...do I think he deserves it no I dont...

but I have no voice in this...I hope whatever he gets doesnt do him any good whatsoever.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #14 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:26am

cods wrote on Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:18am:
as far as I remember.. we couldnt tell another govt how to run there war against terrorists....like it or not Hicks went where he went of his own free will...be bragged and sent pictures of himself acting very brave...and he did come out against his own country...

i dont like him think he can tell just as big lies as the next person...yep he will get money dont they all.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

do I think its disgusting yes I do...do I think he deserves it no I dont...

but I have no voice in this...I hope whatever he gets doesnt do him any good whatsoever.

Agreee he should get bugger all!

He had the intent to fight, when he was caught training with a terror organisation.

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print