Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 
Send Topic Print
Why are people against gun ownership? (Read 51768 times)
Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Re: Why are people against gun ownership?
Reply #390 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 9:24pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 11:40am:
Dnarever wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 11:19am:
[The homicide rate for Texas is 3.2 but the deaths from firearms rate is at 10.6

The later number is the one which would be consistent with the Australian comparison of 1.1 or whatever it was.

i.e. Nutso Texas and co perform on par at best when you count all the people who are dead due to firearms. Again the firearm lobby get their results by cherry picking what they want to count. 

The firearm homicide rate in the USA is 2.83 per 100K, the firearm homicide rate has dropped 49% since 1992.
www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states
The Americans reduced their firearm homicide rate by 49% since they allowed concealed carry in the late 80's early 90's

Plano Texas where everyone owns an AR15 the most gun mad part of the USA has a homicide rate of 0.4 per 100K which means Australia has over double the homicide rate (1.1 per 100K) of the place where they have the most guns in the world.
www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Plano-Texas.html

So how does Chicago rate with much tougher gun laws and black rappers promoting violence in their music, do they have a homicide rate 50 times higher?

Dr Samara McPedran says the gun grabbers cherry pick their stats-
thebigsmoke.com.au/2014/10/20/Australia-firearms-evidence-really-tells-us

What are your opinions on Phil Bolgers suicide, you avoided it in the other thread so I will post it here.
www.duckworksmagazine.com/09/reports/bolger/index.htm

Quote:
Plano Texas where everyone owns an AR15 the most gun mad part of the USA has a homicide rate of 0.4 per 100K which means Australia has over double the homicide rate (1.1 per 100K) of the place where they have the most guns in the world.

0.4 per 100K homicides but 10.6 pet 100K death by firearms.
Australia has over double the homicide rate (1.1 per 100K) .

The Number for Australia is quoted at 1.1 per 100K, Last year total deaths from firearms was 0.8 per 100K. That is they are saying that the total for homicides was greater than the overall total in all categories. Clearly incorrect and in fact the 1.1 figure if from some other year is almost certainly the overall total which would compare to the 10.6 figure and not the 0.4 one.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #391 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 9:32pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Feb 6th, 2015 at 11:40am:
Dnarever wrote on Feb 4th, 2015 at 11:19am:
The homicide rate for Texas is 3.2 but the deaths from firearms rate is at 10.6

The later number is the one which would be consistent with the Australian comparison of 1.1 or whatever it was.

i.e. Nutso Texas and co perform on par at best when you count all the people who are dead due to firearms. Again the firearm lobby get their results by cherry picking what they want to count. 

The firearm homicide rate in the USA is 2.83 per 100K, the firearm homicide rate has dropped 49% since 1992.
www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states
The Americans reduced their firearm homicide rate by 49% since they allowed concealed carry in the late 80's early 90's

So how does Chicago rate with much tougher gun laws and black rappers promoting violence in their music, do they have a homicide rate 50 times higher?

Dr Samara McPedran says the gun grabbers cherry pick their stats-
thebigsmoke.com.au/2014/10/20/Australia-firearms-evidence-really-tells-us

What are your opinions on Phil Bolgers suicide, you avoided it in the other thread so I will post it here.
www.duckworksmagazine.com/09/reports/bolger/index.htm

You obviously think it was good.

Keeping on repeating the one incident would be like those who think too many die from firearms continually bringing up the 2 year old that shot his mother with the gun from her purse or any of the hundreds of similar stories.

2000 -2010:  335,609 fatalities

I see numbers like this and think that something could be done better ?

Quote:
The researchers examined firearm-related fatalities within each individual state from 2000 to 2010. The report draws its data from the Injury Statistics Query and Reporting System, published by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The study has firearm deaths from murder, unintentional shooting accidents and suicide—a total of
335,609 fatalities during that 11-year period

http://www.newsweek.com/gun-deaths-us-twice-high-among-african-americans-caucasi...
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2015 at 7:33am by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #392 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 10:51pm

This would do......

Though i would prefer a Glock 17, or a Glock 22.

Or a 12g pump.

I used to own a 12g pump.

But Johnny Howard took that off me.

60+ years on this planet.

Never been to goal.

I have never been charged with, nor convicted of, any criminal offence.

Never a drink driving conviction.

Never an illicit drug possession/use conviction.

Should i be permitted to own a firearm ???

Smiley

Or is that a 'loaded' question ?

Grin

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #393 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 10:52pm

bump

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #394 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 10:53pm

bang bang
« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2015 at 11:10pm by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #395 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 10:53pm

bump, again

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #396 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 11:09pm

Yadda wrote on Feb 8th, 2015 at 10:51pm:
Though i would prefer a Glock 17, or a Glock 22.

Or a 12g pump.

I used to own a 12g pump.

But Johnny Howard took that off me.

60+ years on this planet.

Never been to goal.

I have never been charged with, nor convicted of, any criminal offence.

Never a drink driving conviction.

Never an illicit drug possession/use conviction.

Should i be permitted to own a firearm ???

Smiley

Absolutely.

You should be able to keep & bear the firearm of choice.

Here are some techniques I personally used & taught my students, & you should practice until the day you obtain your firearm:

A personal pistol of choice that I'm not pretending to own:

« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2015 at 11:24pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #397 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 11:10pm

Can we have concealed carry in Australia?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #398 - Feb 8th, 2015 at 11:26pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Feb 8th, 2015 at 11:10pm:
Can we have concealed carry in Australia?

Quote:
Any discussion about carrying a concealed weapon in Australia is purely hypothetical. You'd be hard pressed arguing credibly that we need it, there's absolutely no popular push to allow it, and so many laws would have to be changed that you've got Buckley's of succeeding anyway. But that doesn't mean it's not interesting.

Read this (link)

Quote:
You have a choice.  You can continue to believe the media, political spin, lies and fear-mongering, or you can choose to believe that authorities recognise they cannot control criminals, so they control the law abiding.  Lobby your government to allow licensed people to carry and remind them Article 3 of the United Nations’ Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that "everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person".

« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2015 at 11:35pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #399 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 12:05am

Oh good my security of person, means you not being armed. UN for the win.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #400 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 5:00am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 12:05am:

Outrage Bus,

Our "security of person" gun laws in Australia also prohibited Haron Monis [Lindt Cafe atrocity] from carrying a firearm,              ......but significantly, our strict guns laws in Australia DID NOT PREVENT a person like Haron Monis, from possessing a prohibited firearm [a 12g pump action shotgun], which enabled Haron Monis to 'play out' the Lindt Cafe atrocity in Dec 2014.

A lot of good such strict guns laws did Tori Johnson, et al.

Our strict guns laws turned Tori Johnson and every other hostage in the Lindt Cafe, into defenceless sheep.

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 19th, 2015 at 8:57am:
Quote:
While he lived in Australia, Haron Monis demonstrated himself to a liar, a thief, a rapist, and a murderer [as well as being a moslem 'extremist' besides].

AND ALL OF THAT CRIMINAL ACTIVITY HAPPENED,
1/ AFTER Haron Monis GAINED ADMITTANCE TO AUSTRALIA,
AND,
2/ BEFORE THE MARTIN PLACE OUTRAGE.

Can I get a reference for these please Yadda?

QUESTION;
What might have happened, if at least one law abiding citizen had been LAWFULLY ARMED, that morning, in Lindt Cafe when Haron Monis pulled out his pump action shotgun ?

n.b.
In 'the end game' of the Lindt Cafe siege,
      the police did not defeat Haron Monis with 'harsh language'.

THEY ENTERED THE LINDT CAFE AND USED THE FIREARMS THEY WERE CARRYING, TO SHOOT DOWN Haron Monis, LIKE THE DESPICABLE DOG HE PROVED HIMSELF TO BE.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #401 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 6:36am

Yadda wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 5:00am:

Outrage Bus,

Our "security of person" gun laws in Australia also prohibited Haron Monis [Lindt Cafe atrocity] from carrying a firearm,              ......but significantly, our strict guns laws in Australia DID NOT PREVENT a person like Haron Monis, from possessing a prohibited firearm [a 12g pump action shotgun], which enabled Haron Monis to 'play out' the Lindt Cafe atrocity in Dec 2014.

Our strict guns laws turned Tori Johnson and every other hostage in the Lindt Cafe, into defenceless sheep.

Quote:
While he lived in Australia, Haron Monis demonstrated himself to a liar, a thief, a rapist, and a murderer [as well as being a moslem 'extremist' besides].

AND,

QUESTION;
What might have happened, if at least one law abiding citizen had been LAWFULLY ARMED, that morning, in Lindt Cafe when Haron Monis pulled out his pump action shotgun ?

n.b.

THEY ENTERED THE LINDT CAFE AND USED THE FIREARMS THEY WERE CARRYING, TO SHOOT DOWN Haron Monis, LIKE THE DESPICABLE DOG HE PROVED HIMSELF TO BE.

It's a simple resolution to a difficult & ever present problem.

If society, & individuals in that society, can't depend on government, or their agents (the police) to defend them from crime & harm, & that has been proven time & time again, then it is incumbent upon individuals to provide their own protection from criminals & harm ....... they are responsible individually to protect their own lives & property, & provide their own security.

« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2015 at 7:10am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #402 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 7:56am

n.b.

THEY ENTERED THE LINDT CAFE AND USED THE FIREARMS THEY WERE CARRYING, TO SHOOT DOWN Haron Monis,

LIKE THE DESPICABLE DOG

HE PROVED HIMSELF TO BE.

I was wrong, amiss, in describing Haron Monis as a 'despicable dog'.

I am sorry.

My words are an insult to all faithful dogs.

And i apologise to all dogs.

Haron Monis - BEFORE THE MARTIN PLACE OUTRAGE

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1421621488/14#14

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #403 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:25am

Panther wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 6:36am:

Outrage Bus,

Quote:

AND,

QUESTION;

n.b.

If society, & individuals in that society, can't depend on government, or their agents (the police) to defend them from crime & harm, & that has been proven time & time again, then it is incumbent upon individuals to provide their own protection from criminals & harm ....... they are responsible individually to protect their own lives & property, & provide their own security.

http://imgur.com/kNaSwwY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1Ue7LuQ.png

I havent had too much crime and harm in my life, so it thus proves that government is working and thus I dont need a gun.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #404 - Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:47am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Feb 9th, 2015 at 8:25am:
QUESTION;

n.b.

Quote:

http://imgur.com/kNaSwwY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1Ue7LuQ.png

I havent had too much crime and harm in my life, so it thus proves that government is working and thus I dont need a gun.

Good for you!! You've made an informed decision on your part for your personal safety & well-being, based on your personal needs & perceptions.

I'm sure there are thousands just like you out there that would do the same.

For all those otherwise, they should have the right to responsibly have the same choice, except if they wish to arm themselves because they feel the need, & feel that government & the police aren't able to meet their security needs, that's a right that government should not stand against them having.

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 
Send Topic Print