Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Camping (Read 10074 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Camping
Reply #45 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 6:31am

on the weekend I saw a roll up table in Kmart in their camping section...

goes in a bag about the size of a fold up chair... its only a small table but big enough...

could have done with one of these on our bike tour up to Darwin...

when I go out now I use two small foldup wooden tables....

they pull apart at the centre and then fold flat..

oh, found one on line Smiley .. http://www.ebay.com/bhp/table-in-a-bag

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #46 - Jan 20th, 2015 at 11:17am

Great idea.  I came up with a 'bed in a bag' once but procrastinated prior to launch and got pipped at the post.

It wasn't the first time either   Angry

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #47 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 9:34pm

I think we have everything we need now except sleeping bags. And a jaffle iron, which isn't exactly a necessity but I really want one.

We're going to go over the Easter weekend. My dad has 40 acres on the Burnett River, so we've decided that will be a good way to ease into it. If we have forgotten something we desperately need, it'll only be a short distance away and we can still fish and swim and make a fire. There are motorbikes and horses too.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #48 - Mar 15th, 2015 at 9:55pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 9:34pm:
I think we have everything we need now except sleeping bags. And a jaffle iron, which isn't exactly a necessity but I really want one.

We're going to go over the Easter weekend. My dad has 40 acres on the Burnett River, so we've decided that will be a good way to ease into it. If we have forgotten something we desperately need, it'll only be a short distance away and we can still fish and swim and make a fire. There are motorbikes and horses too.

Jaffles....who doesn't just luuuurve them.  I have two of said irons.  Of course you'll be discreet in your answer but....the Burnett River is my 'home river,' so.......where........very generally is that patch?

IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #49 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 9:11pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 9:55pm:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Mar 15th, 2015 at 9:34pm:

Jaffles....who doesn't just luuuurve them.  I have two of said irons.  Of course you'll be discreet in your answer but....the Burnett River is my 'home river,' so.......where........very generally is that patch?

I beg to differ.. they are an essential for the type of camping you are doing...  Smiley

when I was in the Army and out on the Range, a couple of Jaffle Irons were always part of the kit...

when rations are low or mundane you could always make something different with the Jaffle Iron...

we grew up with them as kids.. our dad introduced us to the Iron... then we'd make our own putting all sorts of crap on them... so your kids can make their own lunch and put on it whateva... if they don't like it then too bad... they made it...  Grin

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #50 - Apr 7th, 2015 at 9:19pm

Mosquitoes and flies. Be prepared.

IP Logged